One Piece Magazine Vol. 9 (April 2020)

So in his initial designs Kuzan had been a member of CP9, Sakazuki was already and Admiral at Ohara and so was Shiki.

We've also seen Shiki's design was part of the initial Kuma design. Seems Oda really wanted to use the character but wasn't sure of the role he was going to play

But whats weird is that he continuously references the character in the canon (Chapter 0, Chapter 525 w/ Sengoku, Chapter 957 w/ Rocks and Sengoku). Like is he planning on actually making his "canon" version debut in the present? Its certainly a weird topic, because he doesn't do this for Z, Tesoro, or Bullet.

But whats weird is that he continuously references the character in the canon (Chapter 0, Chapter 525 w/ Sengoku, Chapter 957 w/ Rocks and Sengoku). Like is he planning on actually making his "canon" version debut in the present? Its certainly a weird topic, because he doesn't do this for Z, Tesoro, or Bullet.
As far as I'm aware, that's because Shiki is the only one that Oda actually made. The others are Toei creations

In Shiki case he was always special, he get his own manga chapter( chapter 0) alongside with Roger and co, he get mentionend manytimes in the manga and also in Wano we see manytimes hints of Shiki. Im really feeling like Shiki could show up soon, in that case alongside with Big mom and Kaido to show the true power of the Rocks. In that case Rip alliance xD

As far as I'm aware, that's because Shiki is the only one that Oda actually made. The others are Toei creations
Doesn't he design each of these characters? I have sketches from Vol 0, 1000, 777 and 10089 (the movie companion volumes) that shows Oda's designs for all of the characters in each film. Does someone else come up with them first?

What I really don't get is that Shiki's movie came out 10 years ago. He could have easily just not referenced Shiki with Rocks but he did 10 years later. Chapter 0 is fully canon to the series with no payoff yet. The film is not the canon version of the character, but the events of chapter 0 would indicate he still has a "plan" if we are being cheeky about it.

Last edited:
In Shiki case he was always special, he get his own manga chapter( chapter 0) alongside with Roger and co, he get mentionend manytimes in the manga and also in Wano we see manytimes hints of Shiki. Im really feeling like Shiki could show up soon, in that case alongside with Big mom and Kaido to show the true power of the Rocks. In that case Rip alliance xD
I still think he's the person Crocus is talking to, just redesigned slightly:

Unless its Scopper and he dyed his hair blonde. Or someone new? This is clearly someone important. The Wano hat may indicate this person will show up at Wano soon.

Maybe he shows up to actually be an ally instead against Rocks lol. He didn't seem horribly bad in Chapter 0, just depressed Roger died.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I can immediately see the inspirations from Simon Bisley and Michael Lau in Oda's work. The way he composes some of his group shots look reminiscent of Bisley, and Lau's simplistic and quirky designs can be felt in some of Oda's characters.

because he was orginally designed as a marine? I think that's pretty crazy,don't know about you though
he still did make him marine...in a sense.... a character is defined by his abilities and here we have Fujitora not much different from Shiki in abilities...he likely thought why not have 2 characters than having just one V_V

Doesn't he design each of these characters? All of the designs are from him at least. I have sketches from Vol 0, 1000, 777 and 10089 (the movie companion volumes). Does someone else come up with them first?

What I really don't get is that Shiki's movie came out 10 years ago. He could have easily just not referenced Shiki with Rocks but he did 10 years later. Chapter 0 is fully canon to the series with no payoff yet. The film is not the canon version of the character, but the events of chapter 0 would indicate he still has a "plan" if we are being cheeky about it.
I'm not 100% certain on this, but I am relatively sure I'm right.

Shiki and Strong World is all, 100% Oda. That's why he's getting the special treatment, because he's a 100% canon creation that he just hadn't managed to fit in to the main story- yet. I'm torn between whether his mention with Rocks is just workd building or set up for him actually having a role,

The other films aren't. He didn't come up with the stories of the characters or the film, but he did provide the designs for Z and Teseo. Bullet, however, has never had any confirmation that Oda had anything to do with him- and the studio usually does advertise it when he does. He's certainly drawn him, but I think that's the extent of his involvement with the character.

I'm not 100% certain on this, but I am relatively sure I'm right.

Shiki and Strong World is all, 100% Oda. That's why he's getting the special treatment, because he's a 100% canon creation that he just hadn't managed to fit in to the main story- yet. I'm torn between whether his mention with Rocks is just workd building or set up for him actually having a role,

The other films aren't. He didn't come up with the stories of the characters or the film, but he did provide the designs for Z and Teseo. Bullet, however, has never had any confirmation that Oda had anything to do with him- and the studio usually does advertise it when he does. He's certainly drawn him, but I think that's the extent of his involvement with the character.
I'm looking at Oda's designs of Bullet right now in Stampede's companion book, though I guess its possible someone else designed him first, however those designs are nowhere to be found.

I agree that he didn't storyboard Z, Gold or Stampede, so its totally understandable why those characters didn't appear in the story.

And yeah, curious on what his alleged plan is with Shiki, if there is any. Referencing decade old movie character is certainly....interesting with the manga.

Some details of Robin's novel from the One Piece novel Heroines . - When Robin arrives at the Sabaody Archipelago after the timeskip, Sabo was with her. But he preferred not to meet Luffy yet and asked Robin to keep his identity hidden - It took 2 weeks to get from Baltigo to the Sabaody Archipelago. - Robin doesn't like sunsets because they remind her of what happened in Ohara.
-No new personalities (of the Revolutionaries) were introduced in the magazine that talked about robins 2 years - ScotchInformer + redon