One Piece Manga Spoilers - Chapter 956

Status
Not open for further replies.
as much as i want to admit it, i dont think boa would win from doflamingo. i dont think mingo is affected by her devil fruit (maybe i dont know). This is coming from a hardcorde boa fan
The moment Momonga made Hancock's DF not working, it's pretty much not working for VA level and above + anyone with strong will. Doffy fits both criteria he is above Momonga and has strong will.

But can't really see Hancock can free herself from Parasite if even Jozu whose build is far more bulky also can't.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
1. He was Kaido's underling, not an equal business partner. Equal business partners don't shit themselves at the mention of their business partner's name.
Business partner. Doflamingo is never described once in the manga as a subordinate or underling. It's always business partner. Don't try and rationalize the attitude of a suicidal, alcoholic Yonkou whose "dreams" are crushed by his business partner's failings. Doflamingo had sufficient reason to suspect he'd be in danger if he could no longer produce Smiles and their partnership ended on bad terms.

2. Kaido's credibility, let's talk.

Doflamingo is weak = Directly related to Doflamingo's strength. An individual he knows very well, as he conducts business with him.

Jack bring me Law & Luffy = Ordering Jack to bring in Law & Luffy. Does it say Jack has to do it himself? No. Is there any indication of Jack vs Law + Luffy ? No. What did the order mean? Meant exactly that Jack's gotta bring in Law & Luffy, how he does it is up to Jack.
Alright. So, I guess the Headliners of Jack's Kuri government alongside Jack himself will be able to overcome Luffy/Law? Because, that must be Kaido's intentions at the very maximum. Queen, The Flying Six, the Numbers, King? Not around, and two of those are higher ranked pirates in the crew, so it's not like Jack has the sway to pull them in.

So Kaido honestly believes that Jack and maybe 10 Headliners are taking out the man who beat Katakuri and Cracker? Is this a rational decision on Kaido's part, on more of him either overhyping the powers of his subordinates or believing Law/Luffy are incredibly weak? Which is more likely to be true?

Big Mom on the other hand sent Cracker by himself to deal with a Luffy that had just whooped on Doflamingo. That would be a an example of the logic you're trying to use for Kaido-Jack.
Except, according to the World, it wasn't Luffy who beat Doflamingo. It was the combined efforts of Luffy + Law. They had their bounties boosted to an equal amount for this, too. Not to mention Linlin didn't even have faith in Cracker's ability to keep Luffy back, yet alone beat him. So, yet again, this doesn't work. But this is off-topic as is. No need to go into greater detail on Cracker vs Doffy here.

So Kaido's credibility is perfectly fine, he knows how strong his subordinates are and how strong other people in the one piece world are especially Big Mom's children. The only thing that would be an issue here would be the reader's understanding.
Kaido is aware how strong his subordinates are but seems extremely lacking with a handful of the rookies. Like assuming Jack and the Kuri forces could take down Luffy after pirates such as Katakuri, Cracker, and Doflamingo failed. Or that Luffy has CoC - a fact that's been out there since Marineford, reinforced at Fishman island in front of 100k people and then Dressrosa. But like you say, it seems the issue here is the reader's misunderstanding.

Now getting back to Doflaming-Boa

1. You brought up the Kuzan panel, which was then countered by multiple users as to what the panel represents (which is not strength).
2. You brought up Fujitora being sent for Doflamingo, countered directly again by the mention of Mihawk not being sent an admiral. Though you did say the assumption of you claiming Doflamingo > Mihawk wouldn't be wrong exactly.

Is there anything that's still left? Maybe silly stuff like the order of their portraits during their introduction?
To your first point, you're being obtuse to deny the fact that Oda had Boa Hancock used directly to hype how dangerous Doflamingo is. His connections are a component but in Dressrosa the main threat wasn't Cipher Pol or his multiple business partners around the world, it was Doflamingo himself. The simplest take-away is that Oda wants us to associate Boa with being strong, and then uses her to directly reinforce how formidable and powerful Doflamingo is. Otherwise why compare them? Boa isn't in the black market, as far as we know. And simply comparing their Shichibukai and royalty status' gives us no further indication as to why we should treat Doflamingo special.

Which brings me back to my original statement with this. Oda isn't going to use Boa to hype Doflamingo, just to turn that around 350 chapters later. And lol @ the introductory portraits. I suppose it's coincidence that the strongest Shichibukai is first and the weakest last. But that doesn't fit your headcanon.

If we want to get on sillier material, we can start with the lack-of-supporting arguments for Boa Hancock to be on Doflamingo's level. With nothing in the manga even implying it, and Boa being used to directly express how dangerous Doflamingo is doing the exact opposite. Putting her above Doffy is the exact definition of head-canon.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Status
Not open for further replies.