General & Others One Piece Schedule - Chapter release status

I’m not so new to this series that I don’t remember the days we’d get new chapters every single week, or he would only break one week every other month or something.
That really is years ago we're talking though. His schedule has been pretty consistent over the past eight years.
His productivity has gone down so far since then that we’ve literally had two chapters in the last month and a half.
I mean, that just isn't true. Month and a half ago we'll say was the start of December, during which time there's been four chapters, two Shonen Jump breaks and one Oda break. The most he could have released in that time is 5 chapters.
I understand on an intellectual level, he deserves as many breaks as he needs to keep telling us this enthralling story (and keep it as engaging as it’s ever been), but it’s not my fault he decides to introduce 80 characters each arc, give four or five of them any significance, and spend way too long on Luffy’s fights/the crew escaping their situation. He can pace each arc however he wants, but Dressrosa/WCI were both complete messes, and I would STILL have to contend with so many breaks just to get less than engaging chapters in the middle of each one. After following this series for 17 years, I think I’m entitled to voice my complaints, which are largely related to my own inability to be patient.
Hey, I get the complaints. I just think compared to the rest of the industry Oda's doing not too shabby. Togashi and Miura's releases are erratic to say the best- and Togashi's art is still unfinished sometimes. MHA and Black Clover are both written by younger authors, but their chapters are two pages shorter and the art is unfinished quite often. Its a brutal industry, and for Oda to have been doing it constantly for 22 years, and still be releasing as often as he does, is impressive to me

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
That really is years ago we're talking though. His schedule has been pretty consistent over the past eight years.

I mean, that just isn't true. Month and a half ago we'll say was the start of December, during which time there's been four chapters, two Shonen Jump breaks and one Oda break. The most he could have released in that time is 5 chapters.

Hey, I get the complaints. I just think compared to the rest of the industry Oda's doing not too shabby. Togashi and Miura's releases are erratic to say the best- and Togashi's art is still unfinished sometimes. MHA and Black Clover are both written by younger authors, but their chapters are two pages shorter and the art is unfinished quite often. Its a brutal industry, and for Oda to have been doing it constantly for 22 years, and still be releasing as often as he does, is impressive to me
I will say this, I’m glad I’m not as obsessed with HxH or Berserk as I am One Piece...can’t imagine having to wait THAT long between chapters.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I wonder if Togashi could rival Oda with the sales if he wasn't Hiatus x Hiatus.

How popular was HxH when it comes to sales?
Togashi took so many breaks while Oda was working his ass off.

I know Togashi has back problems but isn't it easier to hire someone to draw?

Togashi has big pride for sure.

I wonder if Togashi could rival Oda with the sales if he wasn't Hiatus x Hiatus.

No its not pride its money the goal of the series was to find his father now that he has accomblished this he doesnt want to end this series and thats why he he come up with the dark continent so when he needs money he draws ome volume gets his money and then he goes on hiatus its not pride he is just stingy and only thinks about money

Togashi's countless hiatuses are both great and really bad for the series.

Great, because the storywriting is always at an insanely high level compared to all other shonen and there are almost zero plot-holes. That happens when you have so much time to plan the story.

Really bad, because you lose many fans every time such a long hiatus happens.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢

Great, because the storywriting is always at an insanely high level compared to all other shonen and there are almost zero plot-holes. That happens when you have so much time to plan the story.

I wonder about the money.

Doesn't his health insurance cost a lot?
Dude should hire a person to draw and he could just give the story.

when i got to game arc i stopped watching not because i didn’t like but because if it’s not finished and never will why bother attaching my self to the series

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Just one very, very big recommendation: Go read the next arc (Chimera Ant Arc).
It's regarded as one of the best arcs in shonen history and imho it really IS the best shonen manga arc of all time.
I agree but whenever I read something about HxH I get reminded why I'm so depressed expecting Togashi to make his return in every "next week maybe".