News One Piece: Vivre Card (Data book)-Discussion Thread

Why does everyone love PageOne and Ulti so much? They're genocidal pirates who support the mass enslavement and murder of an entire population. PageOne has tried to EAT people. Ulti was going to kill an 8 year old.
People can love different characters whether they are evil or not, Doflamingo for example has done some horrible and brutal stuff and is one of the most evil characters and yet he has so many fans myself included.

As someone who is a huge fan of Ulti, her being an evil pirate that tried to kill an 8 year old girl doesn't mean I will suddenly stop liking her character.

Yeah definitely needs Page One to act as her "straight man", the serious one to her craziness/shenanigans lol. Given her attachment to him and such, it definitely would be best and even necessary for her sake for him to join and follow her wherever she goes . OR she'l most likely force him to join/follow her to be fair.

She definitely needs to come back and ideally change sides or get a character moment for sure. I'd love to know her and Page 1's backstories too, even if it's just a small insight into their past. She definitely is the most fun and memorable Flying 6 member, as much as I like Sasaki and Maria's designs, their actual characters are lackluster. Great fights imo but boring/underdeveloped characters.

I kinda feel her and Page One would also fit on Laws crew and she'd have gag moments with Law and maybe Bepo, Bepo and Page One might end up getting along somehow, with Page One being meek around Ulti and Bepo being meek at times too lol.

I really hope they end up coming back somehow, they will get cover pages at least but as actual characters in the plot would be nice, even if it's something minor like joining a Supernovas crew, the SH Grand Fleet or and helping out in the EOS war.

They could also stick with the Beast Pirates ofc and try to get revenge on the SHs, even avenge Kaido especially if he dies and go after the SH pirates in the same way the Big Mom pirates have been trying?

I wouldn't be surprised if Oda said Ulti was his favourite Flying 6 tbh, she feels very Oda-like as a character and has a lot of personality to her. The fact she is so funny, crazy, quirky and such makes me think Oda would prefer her too.
They are definitely some of the most fun subordinates Oda has introduced this arc, so I would like some closure for them.

Speaking of which. Hori doesn't tend to kill off too many characters, but what the hell are they planning to do with their defeated enemies?

The navy isn't there or anything like that.

Are they just going to give them some weird punishment?

Banish them?

Capture them?

I don't think they'll execute them...

G

Gorosei Informer

Why does everyone love PageOne and Ulti so much? They're genocidal pirates who support the mass enslavement and murder of an entire population. PageOne has tried to EAT people. Ulti was going to kill an 8 year old.
Do you use this argument for everyone who likes Doflamingo, Big Mom, Kaido, Caesar, the Vinsmokes, Blackbeard, the Sweet Commanders, the Calamities, Enel, Arlong, etc? For each of those character individually and thoroughly too?
If you're complaining about Page One and Ulti so much for these reasons, then I hope you are just as consistent and even more harsher with the characters I just mentioned ofc.

One Piece has been a lot about shades of grey, complex/nuanced morality, hell Doflamingo made speeches about this subject before?

Just because I like characters doesn't mean I support their actions or even encourage them? We're not allowed to like villains as characters now because "they do evil things" now, SMH. How dare villains act like villains?! They are entertaining, well Page One is boring to me but a lot of people like him for some reason. He works as a nice foil and motivator for Ulti though.

If you think this is bad, wait till you see what people do IRL, who they defend, worship, literally lust over and fall in love with, the absolute worst people out, the most genuinely evil and sick minded people who get WORSHIPPED by MASSES. Ulti and Page One are not only fictional by comparison ofc but they are like cartoon (wait a minute) villains, a joke compared to these literally real criminals and absolute monsters!

I know I'm lecturing/ranting/mansplaining but this is a topic I'm sick of seeing and sick to death of now. I've said my peace on it. There is no absolute right or wrong both IRL and in One Piece. Akainu believes he is "Absolute Justice" but even he is a hypocrite and delusional and will be exposed as such guaranteed in time. Hell, his actions at Marineford and especially Ohara already did that job significantly and permanently imo, he's a psychopath masquerading as a "hero for justice".

G

Gorosei Informer

People can love different characters whether they are evil or not, Doflamingo for example has done some horrible and brutal stuff and is one of the most evil characters and yet he has so many fans myself included.

As someone who is a huge fan of Ulti, her being an evil pirate that tried to kill an 8 year old girl doesn't mean I will suddenly stop liking her character.
You said what I tried to say so much more concisely lol. Thank you, I'm so bad at summarising/being concise lol.

:cheers:

G

Gorosei Informer

They are definitely some of the most fun subordinates Oda has introduced this arc, so I would like some closure for them.

Speaking of which. Hori doesn't tend to kill off too many characters, but what the hell are they planning to do with their defeated enemies?

The navy isn't there or anything like that.

Are they just going to give them some weird punishment?

Banish them?

Capture them?

I don't think they'll execute them...
That's a great question and I've been wondering that myself. There is the issue of CP0 still being there and we have a member of Sword too at least, so I do think the Marines will be forced to or at least requested to come by and be prepared to round up a LOT of pirates, especially defeated Yonko forces. If they hear they can arrest and imprison Yonko crewmembers, they are going to PARTY HARD LOL!

Oda could have them flee Wano, get banished from there which would be extremely karmic and poetic, "actual Justice" even and then the Beast Pirates could group up and try to rebuild especially if Kaido does die, similarly to the Whitebeard Pirates trying to rebuild after losing WB ofc. They might try to plot revenge on the SHs in future and become enemies to chase them like the BM pirates have?

Oda could have them chase them to Elbaf, like BM pirated did to Wano and we would get dinosaurs in Elbaf with the land of giants which would be a nicet throwback to Little Garden then naturally? Giants and dinosaurs in the same arc again?

That's a great question and I've been wondering that myself. There is the issue of CP0 still being there and we have a member of Sword too at least, so I do think the Marines will be forced to or at least requested to come by and be prepared to round up a LOT of pirates, especially defeated Yonko forces. If they hear they can arrest and imprison Yonko crewmembers, they are going to PARTY HARD LOL!

Yeah, I feel like that would be weird though. I guess Drake is there?

He could take the beast pirates to the navy in exchange for being left alive?

G

Gorosei Informer

Yeah, I feel like that would be weird though. I guess Drake is there?

He could take the beast pirates to the navy in exchange for being left alive?
Yeah that might be the case, I think Drake is gonna be very relevant and important to this situation/context. Since he's part of Sword, they are bound to do something here, maybe secretly recruiting the Beast Pirates for their own strength? I could see the WG trying to recruit (forcibly even) Queen potentially given his history to Vegapunk though?

King is hinted to be former Impel Down or some prison at least similar to it so there is potential for his character and the WG there too?

There's still a lot to learn about the Beast Pirates and hopefully some more major plot deveopment and lore reveals. Things could and should get very interesting especially after what's happening in the story atm!

I fnd it really weird the Marines and WG aren't extremely worrried about the 2 Yonko alliance and purposely ignoring Wano. Even CP0 despite being right there are way too relaxed, like they know the Yonkos aren't a threat somehow, that everything is under their control? Maybe we could see a Buster Call happen again, a new improved New World/post Timeskip level one, specifically designed to take on Yonkos? Maybe thats what the new SSG weapon could be involved with too?

I also don't think Orochi is done yet still, he might truly pull a Spandam and call in the WG to take down Kaido and thus Big Mom too. CP0 are right there ofc so he can even contact them directly to do something, try to change his bargain with them and gain their help. I doubt Vegapunk is coming but GOD KNOWS we are SO OVERDUE for his debut, sigh.

Do you use this argument for everyone who likes Doflamingo, Big Mom, Kaido, Caesar, the Vinsmokes, Blackbeard, the Sweet Commanders, the Calamities, Enel, Arlong, etc? For each of those character individually and thoroughly too?
If you're complaining about Page One and Ulti so much for these reasons, then I hope you are just as consistent and even more harsher with the characters I just mentioned ofc.

One Piece has been a lot about shades of grey, complex/nuanced morality, hell Doflamingo made speeches about this subject before?

Just because I like characters doesn't mean I support their actions or even encourage them? We're not allowed to like villains as characters now because "they do evil things" now, SMH. How dare villains act like villains?! They are entertaining, well Page One is boring to me but a lot of people like him for some reason. He works as a nice foil and motivator for Ulti though.

If you think this is bad, wait till you see what people do IRL, who they defend, worship, literally lust over and fall in love with, the absolute worst people out, the most genuinely evil and sick minded people who get WORSHIPPED by MASSES. Ulti and Page One are not only fictional by comparison ofc but they are like cartoon (wait a minute) villains, a joke compared to these literally real criminals and absolute monsters!

I know I'm lecturing/ranting/mansplaining but this is a topic I'm sick of seeing and sick to death of now. I've said my peace on it. There is no absolute right or wrong both IRL and in One Piece. Akainu believes he is "Absolute Justice" but even he is a hypocrite and delusional and will be exposed as such guaranteed in time. Hell, his actions at Marineford and especially Ohara already did that job significantly and permanently imo, he's a psychopath masquerading as a "hero for justice".
Well no one is rooting for Big Mom or Doffy to be a protag. There;s so much "Uwu PageOne and Ulri are kawaiii." It just stuck out to me that of all toe Tobi Roppo, PageOne hs tried to eat Luffy, Sanji, Nami, Ussop, Tama. There's just something weirder about eating people them punching or kicking them.