News One Piece: Vivre Card (Data book)-Discussion Thread

We all know how Shonen work, one day Luffy is not close to beating someone and 2 weeks later he can kick his ass. So Luffy not being close to Kaido now doesn't really mean something.

Yeah we all know Luffy will even surpass what ROger accomplished and will take down the WG/Imu. Luffy will be THE ONE, and will surpass everyone. At that point Luffy real goal is being the new Joyboy, being "only" Pk is trivialized for a part.

My point was saying that Shanks was indeed a benchmark. Luffy has multiple ones and Shanks is one of them.

And we still don't know anything about Shanks, his goal, what he wants etc. Shanks doesn't want to be PK so yeah Luffy vs Shanks for PK title won't happen, so Mihawk/Zoro relationship is quite different than Shanks/Luffy relationship.

And PK title is harder to achieve than WSS.
and shanks
achieved neither title .
again mihawk is zoro's ultimate benchmark while shanks is not for luffy
shanks is one of the many and one can argue luffy defeats someone stronger this arc.

your arguments is lost on me

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
and shanks
achieved neither title .
again mihawk is zoro's ultimate benchmark while shanks is not for luffy
shanks is one of the many and one can argue luffy defeats someone stronger this arc.

your arguments is lost on me
Yep but why ?

Shanks didn't want to be WSS and Shanks didn't want to be PK.

Shanks is a benchmark of some sort but yeah he is not the ultimate benchmark for Luffy. But Shanks is special for Luffy, reaching Shanks pirate life : his own strength, his crew etc means something for Luffy, the promise to give the hat back etc. It means way more than beating Kaido.

So yeah Shanks is a benchmark and not your usual one.

Yep but why ?

Shanks didn't want to be WSS and Shanks didn't want to be PK.

Shanks is a benchmark of some sort but yeah he is not the ultimate benchmark for Luffy. But Shanks is special for Luffy, reaching Shanks pirate life : his own strength, his crew etc means something for Luffy, the promise to give the hat back etc. It means way more than beating Kaido.

So yeah Shanks is a benchmark and not your usual one.

"Shanks is a benchmark of some sort"
of some sort
now you are backtracking or at least see why it is very subjective.

"Shanks pirate life : his own strength, his crew etc means something for Luffy, the promise to give the hat back etc. It means way more than beating Kaido. "

kuina: her will, her strength means something for zoro, the promise of becoming the world's strongest swordsman. it means way more than beating any opponent he will fight.
did I do it right?

if he isnt the ultimate one for luffy and mihawk is the ultimate one for zoro
then this argument as far as am concerned is over. not equivalent.
not withstanding the fact that both shanks and mihawk (rivals) are portrayed in such a way that they are to be compared which is def not the case with roger.