News One Piece: Vivre Card (Data book)-Discussion Thread

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
I don't really feel like debating this :catsweat:. If you don't agree with it fair enuff. I've already translated it the best I can 🙏🏿
Aight! I actually don't disagree with you, and I also don't think your translation is inaccurate. We all see and interpret things differently. I agree top of the All Starts could mean he is the strongest of them, but I am just trying to say it can also have a different meaning.

Just so you know,
We all know you all do the best you can when translating. I mean, who'd take their time of the day just to feed misinformation and receive negative criticism. I'd pay to avoid that kind of negativity, and you don't even get paid for the work you put in to provide translations for us. Personally, I highly appreciate your hard work.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
VCs are mostly regurgitated garbage having nothing to do with Oda. Stop pretending like Oda is writing everything. Greg worked on them, and stated they're full of errors.

Only time you should take VCs seriously, is when they introduce brand new info that was not in the manga (bounties, CoC).
I agree VCs aren't the most reliable material out there, but they're still more authentic than our opinions. There are mistakes in the manga as well, but that doesn't mean we should stop using manga references. If there are any mistakes in VCs, then we'll know what they are right away, and so we can't stop using VC references for these mistakes. The information about King is authentic as long as it isn't proven to be a mistake by a more reliable source.
Post automatically merged:

Don't bring translated things into english for simple use.
even though '筆頭' is chinese charactor, The meaning is also same in japanese lang.

https://kotobank.jp/word/筆頭人-366599
https://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/word/筆頭_(ひっとう)/
https://kotobank.jp/word/筆頭-610964
https://www.weblio.jp/content/筆頭

nowhere said lead or leader.
Does the sentence imply is it referring to strength? Or Does it simply say King is number 1/highest/top of the All-Stars without a definite context?

I don't really feel like debating this :catsweat:. If you don't agree with it fair enuff. I've already translated it the best I can 🙏🏿
poor guy
thanks for the translation

king is still a calamity
katakuri is still a sweet commander
marco is still a division commander
in essence they have the same rank as other commanders but are the strongest ones.

Oda specifically stated Division Commander number =/= rank. Marco does not have a higher rank than any other commander, even though he plays the "right hand" role. Kind of like Law/Rosinante/Vergo with Doffy's crew. Had the same rank as everyone else.

Anyhow, I wouldn't take anything seriously in Vivre Cards unless it's brand new information. That's the only way we know it's from Oda. This seems like regurgitated stuff.

No it isn't. You don't talk back to someone of a higher rank in serious matters.
Marco and King both seem similar in the regards to being overall right-hand. I'd agree if VC was vague, but calling him straught up head (hito) if all-star is bit too much tbh- though all in all, he's still all-star. It could just imply that he's the all-star with most influence and authority, being Kaido's right-hand man and everything.

Although I disagree about thing regarding talking back. Katakuri suffered ridicule, too, in a serious fight at that, in front of his enemy.

Ulti also shittalked Kaido.

Tobiroppo are just arrogant bunch.

I agree VCs aren't the most reliable material out there, but they're still more authentic than our opinions. There are mistakes in the manga as well, but that doesn't mean we should stop using manga references. If there are any mistakes in VCs, then we'll know what they are right away, and so we can't stop using VC references for these mistakes. The information about King is authentic as long as it isn't proven to be a mistake by a more reliable source.
Post automatically merged:

Does the sentence imply is it referring to strength? Or Does it simply say King is number 1/highest/top of the All-Stars without a definite context?
It still says king is Number 1, can say King is the strongest among All-Stars. but doesn't mean he 'leads' All-Stars or 'leader' of All-Stars.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
It still says king is Number 1, can say King is the strongest among All-Stars. but doesn't mean he 'leads' All-Stars or 'leader' of All-Stars.
I agree, but calling someone number-1/top/highest can also mean he outranks the others which is why I am asking if it is made specific that it refers to his standing in power, and not rank or anything else. Even in the links you've posted, they say the term can be used to refer to the head of a family, the first person that appears on a list(in a family record in specific), the most important one, the tip of the brush, and it can even mean the largest shareholder apparently. So I don't quite get why you think it's about strength and not rank.

Also, The VC seemingly specifies that King is the strongest in the crew after Kaido in a separate sentence. I wonder why they would specify the same thing in two different statements.

Imagine someone saying, "Katakuri is the strongest of the Sweet Commanders, the highest-ranking officers in Big Mom Pirate crew. And he is also the strongest after Big Mom."

See^, I don't know how that looks to you all, but it definitely looks weird to me.

You don't talk back to someone of a higher rank in serious matters.
You also don't compete with and fight someone to gain their rank unless you acknowledge their rank is above you.

I agree, but calling someone number-1/top/highest can also mean he outranks the others which is why I am asking if it is made specific that it refers to his standing in power, and not rank or anything else. Even in the links you've posted, they say the term can be used to refer to the head of a family, the first person that appears on a list(in a family record in specific), the most important one, the tip of the brush, and it can even mean the largest shareholder apparently. So I don't quite get why you think it's about strength and not rank.

Also, The VC seemingly specifies that King is the strongest in the crew after Kaido in a separate sentence. I wonder why they would specify the same thing in two different statements.

Imagine someone saying, "Katakuri is the strongest of the Sweet Commanders, the highest-ranking officers in Big Mom Pirate crew. And he is also the strongest after Big Mom."

See^, I don't know how that looks to you all, but it definitely looks weird to me.

You also don't compete with and fight someone to gain their rank unless you acknowledge their rank is above you.
All Stars > Tobi Roppo in terms of rank, but they don't have complete authority. Essentially, the Tobi Roppo are there to light a fire under the ass of the All Stars.

Kaido has intended it for the TR to challenge the All Stars.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
All Stars > Tobi Roppo in terms of rank, but they don't have complete authority. Essentially, the Tobi Roppo are there to light a fire under the ass of the All Stars.

Kaido has intended it for the TR to challenge the All Stars.
If you work in the same organization and outrank someone who works in the same organization, and if the latter also gets to have your rank after a promotion, then you have authority over them. It doesn't matter if the lower-ranking officer talks back to his higher-ups, he's still outranked in the hierarchy. I talk back to my manager every other day, it doesn't mean he doesn't have authority over me.