General & Others One Piece voted as the best manga of all time in a Japanese survey consisting of 150 000 people

Do you agree with the list?

• Total voters
B

Ballel

Do people understand that the list just computes how many people mentioned One Piece on their answers where they could say more than 1 option?

The list is not about "33000 people said One Piece is the best manga ever". It's "33000 people think One Piece is among the best mangas ever".

You can say that you don't like "Batman", but saying that "Batman" isn't one of the most well known and successful super heroes ever created is just plain stupidity. Still doesn't mean you have to consider it "the best" or whatever. Same thing applies here.

Y'all should chill and stop getting triggered because some random list isn't exactly how you want it to be.
:pepestop:
Vagabond>>Kingdom tho

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Are you joking ? One piece uses the sad backstories to show us how the cruel world developed these characters, the fact that doffy has one of the most mentally tragic backstories in all manga , but the story never forces you to sympathize,

while in demon slayer, we see the flashback just to sympathize with the demon , it doesn’t add any complexity to the characters or the story, explaining the most basic things is really ridiculous , but this is the case in this forum
Doffy is an entitled little bitch part of an unjust system that has been enslaving the world for centuries.
Instead of maturing, he just went ham into the entitlement part and became a "king", when, in reality, he's nothing more than an entitled fucker who deserves no less than the fucking guillotine.

Robin got it worse and I don't see her being an entitled bitch who thinks the world owns her something just because she exists.
Fuck Doflamingo. He should have been killed by being forced to swallow Trebol, another fucking bitch, and choked to death.

Don't give me this fucking BS "tragic backstory". Everyone and their mother in One Piece have tragic backstories.
I don't think neither of you or even Oda himself understand the philosophical implications of the horror he caused in Dressrosa with that "transform people into toys and make their families forget about them, while they have to watch from afar and not be able to do anything about it".

Fucking bitch ass character with no redeeming qualities at all. The most despicable fucker in the entire story.

Even his fucking brother realized how evil Doffy was and worked to stop him.

B

Ballel

Doffy is an entitled little bitch part of an unjust system that has been enslaving the world for centuries.
Instead of maturing, he just went ham into the entitlement part and became a "king", when, in reality, he's nothing more than an entitled fucker who deserves no less than the fucking guillotine.

Robin got it worse and I don't see her being an entitled bitch who thinks the world owns her something just because she exists.
Fuck Doflamingo. He should have been killed by being forced to swallow Trebol, another fucking bitch, and choked to death.

Don't give me this fucking BS "tragic backstory". Everyone and their mother in One Piece have tragic backstories.
I don't think neither of you or even Oda himself understand the philosophical implications of the horror he caused in Dressrosa with that "transform people into toys and make their families forget about them, while they have to watch from afar and not be able to do anything about it".

Fucking bitch ass character with no redeeming qualities at all. The most despicable fucker in the entire story.

10000/10 post

He doesn’t have to have redeeming quality, his backstory is tragic because he never had a choice, when the person becomes an adult , you can say that he have a choice to be a better person , but what if his world was based on a different reality,

doffy’s backstory showed us that CDs aren’t really villains , they are puppets , they are just some ignorant pieces of shit ,

even his father was a victim , he didn’t even know that what the CDs were doing is a bad thing. And he lost his family because of that

I wrote a thread about it , if you want to read it i can send it to you

This is delusion not opinion

anyway, when a person spend 3 years in a forum of an anime that he hates just to hate on this anime everyday , this means that you have no life , you even reached the 550 mil level .

this is what makes me surprised from this forum , it is a thing that you can never imagine normal people doing , so these people are either bunch of maniacs who don’t have a life or a group of kids , i prefer the latter , because otherwise it will be scary
Boi first of all my life is great,, you would be wishing for something like that all your life and you won't get it. Because that's what you will do if you actually see what it is like.

Hence it's much better for you actually that you keep this delusion up about me and stay happy in your little mind that your life is atleast better than this/that.

B

Ballel

Don't make me laugh.''The world'' made Doflamingo who he is?
Look at his flashback again, he was always an entitled, narcissistic bitch who enjoyed abusing slaves and cry for attention.
The story gives us a good counter character in Corazon, who experienced the same things but was absolutely horrified by his brother's actions.
No sane child would have shot their father like Doflamingo did.
Some people are factually rotten and born as psychopaths, there is no redemption for them. Their tragic backstories just make them shoe their true wicked self.
One piece uses the sad backstories to show us how the cruel world developed these characters

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Ballel

He doesn’t have to have redeeming quality, his backstory is tragic because he never had a choice, when the person becomes an adult , you can say that he have a choice to be a better person , but what if his world was based on a different reality,
What does this even mean?

The CDs are no puppets, read the manga.
People like charloss embody the true CD spirit well. How can you call someone like this a puppet??

Don't make me laugh.''The world'' made Doflamingo who he is?
Look at his flashback again, he was always an entitled, narcissistic bitch who enjoyed abusing slaves and cry for attention.
The story gives us a good counter character in Corazon, who experienced the same things but was absolutely horrified by his brother's actions.
No sane child would have shot their father like Doflamingo did.
Some people are factually rotten and born as psychopaths, there is no redemption for them. Their tragic backstories just make them shoe their true wicked self.

Post automatically merged:

What does this even mean?

The CDs are no puppets, read the manga.
People like charloss embody the true CD spirit well. How can.you call someone like this a puppet??
The green headed CD was just like charloss became a compassionate person after experiencing pain , fear and mercy for the first time , doesn’t this tell you something ? in their utopia, they live in a different world, they were fed that what they are doing is how the world should be
Post automatically merged:

This is getting stupid now,, talking about my life to some stupid noob that can't digest different opinion.

@Manoomar2000 if you aren't lacking chromosomes please find someone of your level and get into discussions about his life or bounty on an forum. Don't quote me
And you should try to be honest, if you hate something, say that you hate it , don’t say that kuroko no basket is better

B

Ballel

The green headed CD was just like charloss became a compassionate person after experiencing pain , fear and mercy for the first time , doesn’t this tell you something, in their utopia, they live in a different world, they were fed that what they are doing is how the world should be
Of course there are some good individuals among them. Doesn't change shit about Doflamingo being born scum.

I absolutely dislike when people claim a series is 'deep' but actually it is just dark, destructive and negative.
exactly...lol...most people commonly equate being "deep" means "dark/tragic/gore etc."....ironically, that is the most "shallow" claim....for example, tom and jerry is a comedic cartoon and yet it has many deep nuances about life truths...

B

Ballel

But this guy was a bitch , at first he took otohime as a hostage even after saving him

if you have time read this
https://www.reddit.com/r/CharacterRant/comments/rlp1ys
There might be a bit of truth to this and as a general theme in one piece I agree.

But you are forgetting about rocinante again.
The way doflaningo reacted to all the things that were done to him was fundamentally different from how a normal child would have reacted.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope

doffy’s backstory showed us that CDs aren’t really villains , they are puppets , they are just some ignorant pieces of shit ,

even his father was a victim , he didn’t even know that what the CDs were doing is a bad thing. And he lost his family because of that

I wrote a thread about it , if you want to read it i can send it to you
Doffy had choices.
He chose to be a bitch

There might be a bit of truth to this and as a general theme in one piece I agree.

But you are forgetting about rocinante again.
The way doflaningo reacted to all the things that were done to him was fundamentally different from how a normal child would have reacted.
That’s true of course , you can see the difference between them , roci was always following his parents, he was following doffy to get food from the trash , while doffy had conqueror’s haki , he didn’t accept the new life , while roci was crying, doffy was giving threats that he will get revenge , so yes they are different

B

Ballel

That’s true of course , you can see the difference between them , roci was always following his parents, he was following doffy to get food from the trash , while doffy had conqueror’s haki , he didn’t accept the new life , while roci was crying, doffy was giving threats that he will get revenge , so yes they are different
Has nothing to do with conqueror's Haki per se.
You're saying dofla disnt accept the new life because he had conqueror's, yet you're claiming his personality was solely shaped by his surroundings.
A person with a strong will does NOT suck up everything like a sponge that their surroundings teach them.

Has nothing to do with conqueror's Haki per se.
You're saying dofla disnt accept the new life because he had conqueror's, yet you're claiming his personality was solely shaped by his surroundings.
A person with a strong will does NOT suck up everything like a sponge that their surroundings teach them.
This will take forever 👽

the important thing is that you got my point, agreeing or disagreeing with it is up to you

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I mean, that's nice, but it's just a popularity contest at the end of the day. Something like this really shouldn't affect your own personal tastes. Though I am happy to see most of my favorites made it, and Maison Ikkoku, I did not expect to be there, especially over Ranma 1/2, so pleasantly surprised.