One Punch Man - Chapter 127: Demons Combined!

Rate The Chapter:

• Blew My Mind

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Great

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only good thing is Orochi being alive.

i think i’m going to drop OPM after this arc ends. I practically care about nothing other than Garou.
I would advise not ever dropping this series. More good stuff to come especially Psychic Sister Arc and current arc in Webcomic. Never dull moment to OPM series. It has a way to hype you each chapter and enjoy even without heavy action.

S

Shuyaku

@True God Moe the Monster Association arc is unnecessarily dragged out, mediocre as fuck so far. We get wasted panels on Child Emperor and Phoenix Man of all characters for some random reason. Anything outside of Garou and Saitama doesn't particularly get me hyped to be honest. Orochi got wasted as well and i don't expect much out of him at this point either.

Idk man, OPM was never that amazing to me, it has a few strong points and it's pretty fun, but not what i'd refer to as a great series at all unfortunately.

The recent Flashy Flash thing going on the webcomic is actually pretty solid but that's going to be adapted in like what, 10 years ? lol

Orochi being alive is a great twist, he really is an awesome villain.

As for the rest ... meh. I really think OPM has lost quite a few steps.
I disagree on it losing anything. Still has the same Prime before. Idk what you mean what it lost as this is one of it past arcs and saga for the series. Community are truly loving each chapter and more after seeing Orochi alive. There hardly anything to criticize it on as One truly know how to write a series just like Mob Psycho 100 for example.
Post automatically merged:

@True God Moe the Monster Association arc is unnecessarily dragged out, mediocre as fuck so far. We get wasted panels on Child Emperor and Phoenix Man of all characters for some random reason. Anything outside of Garou and Saitama doesn't particularly get me hyped to be honest. Orochi got wasted as well and i don't expect much out of him at this point either.

Idk man, OPM was never that amazing to me, it has a few strong points and it's pretty fun, but not what i'd refer to as a great series at all unfortunately.
So characters getting spotlight and development puts you off and you don't care for story and side characters getting their shine over few? Sounds like Dragon Ball and Naruto spoiled you to not appreciating stuff like this a lot. It's good to be diverse and expand on writing than standard cliche like those 2. This is a war, there more than Garou and Saitama in this. Thinking your not trying to see that as we can't expect side characters do nothing or skip over as that be bad for series than helping it.

It been on hype train and arc hasn't drag much at all and progress still good. If you mean by when chapters come out, it's fine and get used to it. It's shame like series for AOT which is widely love manga series and like OPM don't see it really dragging, just different pace.

S

Shuyaku

So characters getting spotlight and development puts you off and you don't care for story and side characters getting their shine over few? Sounds like Dragon Ball and Naruto spoiled you to not appreciating stuff like this a lot. It's good to be diverse and expand on writing than standard cliche like those 2. This is a war, there more than Garou and Saitama in this. Thinking your not trying to see that as we can't expect side characters do nothing or skip over as that be bad for series than helping it.
There is no development in Child Emperor vs Phoenix Man, it's a stupidly long battle that has no business being the length it was. I am not a fan of either Dragon Ball or Naruto so that's a moot point. I even dropped One Piece recently, i don't fuck with manga/anime in general these days man.

There is no development in Child Emperor vs Phoenix Man, it's a stupidly long battle that has no business being the length it was. I am not a fan of either Dragon Ball or Naruto so that's a moot point.
Yes it is as to show more how Emperor is like and development while showing MA are no joke in fighting with S-Class. It has every reason to be important and be long. Found it baffling you hate epic fights like that. Series more than just 2 characters. You know that, right?

Sounds like you are seeing you only want Saitama to be around the most when it's good for author to care for side characters. Not dump them down like other series do.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern

The recent Flashy Flash thing going on the webcomic is actually pretty solid but that's going to be adapted in like what, 10 years ? lol
I understand your reason but the story line so far is good and The Monster Association Arc is kinda dragged out like you said but you have to look through every other characters that are important in the story. Child Emperor is really important to the story because he's a S class hero and Phoenix Man is just, well you know... But don't worry, we will see a lot of Garou vs Saitama action in the future as well. And Genos who is absolutely blast right now, that man is a legend. But I do agree with you, OPM is not like the greatest manga out there and it has some flaw as well, but don't entirely drop the series. You can take a break from it if you wanted to and I don't know if the future arc is coming up in the next couple of month(s) or year(s) or not but we will see.(y)

S

Shuyaku

Yes it is as to show more how Emperor is like and development while showing MA are no joke in fighting with S-Class. It has every reason to be important and be long. Found it baffling you hate epic fights like that. Series more than just 2 characters. You know that, right?
We've already known the MA are no fucking joke when their cadres destroyed a bunch of S-class heroes, Phoenix Man is not a cadre that's going to play an important role later on and Child Emperor is a strategist first and foremost, yet their fight felt like some DBZ type shit with PM endlessly reviving and Child Emperor sending him away with massive energy blasts, literally what the fuck was that clusterfuck of a fight that went on for like 5 straight chapters ? I know i am not along on this either, i remember Reddit complaining a lot as well.

Saitama is not even my favorite character man lol.

We've already known the MA are no fucking joke when their cadres destroyed a bunch of S-class heroes, Phoenix Man is not a cadre and Child Emperor is a strategist first and foremost, yet their fight felt like some DBZ type shit with PM endlessly reviving and Child Emperor sending him away with massive energy blasts, literally what the fuck was that clusterfuck of a fight ?

Saitama is not even my favorite character man lol.
No we don't yet as we never seen their full Elites until now. Also you do know what a Phoenix is by lore, right? Also unpredictable that Demon Threats can get stronger too than just good side. We don't want wasteful chapters of just beating fodders while focusing Saitama and Garou. Every character is important and has purpose. Stupid to say they don't matter in this.

The fight has meaning and made sense. Nothing wrong with and your grasping at straws to say OPM especially this arc is 'bad' one. Your not getting full situation of what an War Fight means.

S

Shuyaku

No we don't yet as we never seen their full Elites until now. Also you do know what a Phoenix is by lore, right? Also unpredictable that Demon Threats can get stronger too than just good side. We don't want wasteful chapters of just beating fodders while focusing Saitama and Garou. Every character is important and has purpose. Stupid to say they don't matter in this.

The fight has meaning and made sense. Nothing wrong with and your grasping at straws to say OPM especially this arc is 'bad' one. Your not getting full situation of what an War Fight means.
Demon threats are essentially just warmup fights for the stronger heroes, the Dragon levels are the real threats that proved to be an actual challenge, if not an overwhelming force. Phoenix Man strangely fits right in the middle of these two categories, his gimmick is cool but there was absolutely no need for such a dragged out battle, when even the likes of Flashy Flash, arguably far more important than Child Emperor don't get such panel time (in a fight). Majority of S-class had a chapter or two dedicated to them, Child Emperor had at least four. No clue what you're on about with your development, as if the rest of the events aren't enough for you to realize this is a grand scale battle...:absojustice:

Last edited by a moderator:

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Still wondering how Muruta and ONE are going to handle Tatsumaki getting beaten. ONE said that Psychos injuring Tatsu on her own like she did in the webcomic is a bit unbelievable and that Orochi would play a role to get those results.
Glad they changed that up. It was odd to me that Fubuki was handing it to Pyschos the way she did.

He definitely Dragon+ after surviving it and as he does grow stronger and back to full power could be close or even equal to his power.
Lmao I wouldn't mind if it happened, but the chances of Orochi getting to Boros' level are slim to none.

Demon threats are essentially just warmup fights for the stronger heroes, the Dragon levels are the real threats that proved to be an actual challenge, if not an overwhelming force. Phoenix Man strangely fits right in the middle of these two categories, his gimmick is cool but there was absolutely no need for such a dragged out battle, when even the likes of Flashy Flash, arguably far more important than Child Emperor don't get such panel time (in a fight). Majority of S-class had a chapter or two dedicated to them, Child Emperor had at least four. No clue what you're on about with your development, as if the rest of the events aren't enough for you to realize this is a grand scale battle...:absojustice:
Flashy isn't really more important than Child Emperor though. This is primarily a manga meant for battles and powerscaling. There isn't some deeper meaning or overarching sub plot attached to every battle. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the battles with different abilities and styles. That's all OPM really is.

If anything Child Emperor was the one leading the Hero Association squad, so you can argue he rightfully should get the most panel time. His fight served as nothing more than a display of his powers and abilities just like 90% of the fights in OPM. Not liking his fight is a preference thing, not a fault in the design of the arc. Flashy got an even longer fight with 2 dragons earlier, so panel distribution isn't even a legit problem. It's great that the entire S class isn't being neglected for a couple of the strongest ones. That's a sign of a solid supporting cast.

Last edited:
S

Shuyaku

Glad they changed that up. It was odd to me that Fubuki was handing it to Pyschos the way she did.

Lmao I wouldn't mind if it happened, but the chances of Orochi getting to Boros' level are slim to none.

Flashy isn't really more important than Child Emperor though. This is primarily a manga meant for battles and powerscaling. There isn't some deeper meaning or overarching plot point attached to every battle. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the battles with different abilities and styles. That's all OPM really is.

If anything Child Emperor was the one leading the Hero Association squad, so you can argue he rightfully should get the most panel time. His fight served as nothing more than a display of his powers and abilities just like 90% of the fights in OPM. Not liking his fight is a preference thing, not a fault in the design of the arc. Flashy got an even longer fight with 2 dragons earlier, so panel distribution isn't even a legit problem. It's great that the entire S class isn't being neglected for a couple of the strongest ones. That's a sign of a solid supporting cast.
The Flashy fight is not even 2 full chapters long (started in the first half of 95 and ended in 96) while Child Emperor vs Phoenix Man went on from the second half of 98 to 100.2, including the mini chapters and long chapters divided in parts. Yea i specifically stated in a fight, where Flashy is arguably more important especially given what he does towards the end of the arc. I have no issues with Child Emperor getting panel time as a strategist which is what he essentially is above all, he doesn't really fight on the frontlines, and for someone like that getting such a dragged out battle was weird as fuck to me. He even had a perfect counter for Evil Natural Water, whereas in the webcomic i believe he got stomped very fast, again no idea why this random buff was necessary at all. I just have issues with the pacing in general.

Flashy isn't really more important than Child Emperor though. This is primarily a manga meant for battles and powerscaling. There isn't some deeper meaning or overarching sub plot attached to every battle. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the battles with different abilities and styles. That's all OPM really is.

All chapters have importance as well characters. Last thing we want is for it be like Naruto and Dragon Ball on making side characters not getting spotlight and some chapters not making you hype out of it, so Idk why we should complain on it. Of curse we want to see more Saitama and his next main threats, but still it takes time and one of the reasons why OPM is able to work out so Saitama doesn't take all spotlight each time and always be one to defeat every enemy. It helps bring unpredictable nature more and enjoy on us seeing other characters showing what they got and seeing what character who meets Saitama on interactions and fighting with him.

Feel theya re very much important aspects for series and to enjoy on.

He became Dragon lvl the moment he transform and keep reviving. He was possible even above Cadres if he kept at it, so would say he is one of the main forces for them and it wasn't really pointless fight and pace at right amount as it's what to expect from this arc going forward. Everyone get their fights and spotlight to show off, this won't be only about Saitama and Garou, so complaining about only wanting to see them is quite redundant from what you said. All characters are important and have purpose and that includes Emperor and Flash.

Development on arc, characters, and fights going forward, duh XD.

S

Shuyaku

All chapters have importance as well characters. Last thing we want is for it be like Naruto and Dragon Ball on making side characters not getting spotlight and some chapters not making you hype out of it, so Idk why we should complain on it. Of curse we want to see more Saitama and his next main threats, but still it takes time and one of the reasons why OPM is able to work out so Saitama doesn't take all spotlight each time and always be one to defeat every enemy. It helps bring unpredictable nature more and enjoy on us seeing other characters showing what they got and seeing what character who meets Saitama on interactions and fighting with him.

Feel theya re very much important aspects for series and to enjoy on.

He became Dragon lvl the moment he transform and keep reviving. He was possible even above Cadres if he kept at it, so would say he is one of the main forces for them and it wasn't really pointless fight and pace at right amount as it's what to expect from this arc going forward. Everyone get their fights and spotlight to show off, this won't be only about Saitama and Garou, so complaining about only wanting to see them is quite redundant from what you said. All characters are important and have purpose and that includes Emperor and Flash.

Development on arc, characters, and fights going forward, duh XD.
He has a blatant weakness that someone like Nyan can easily exploit so i doubt it. He was a standard demon before he underwent his transformation, essentially fodder to the s-class. I never said i LITERALLY only want to see Garou and Saitama, there’s other things/characters i can appreciate, they’re just what keep me going. Again, there’s no development in the Phoenix Man fight, Child Emperor starts going through some at the end of the arc actually from what i remember.

Anyways this is going in circles, i never said OPM is bad or that even this specific arc is bad, i think it’s mediocre so far.

Bogard

You can't win
Orochi saw death from a regular Saitama punch, was unconscious for multiple chapters before suddenly reappearing. Psychos is now thinking of using him to boost herself
and from what i've read from the comics, he isn't present either
. Don't think Orochi is relevant enough at this point. I think his point would be to boost Psychos in her battle against Tatsumaki

Awakened Garou and Boros were implied to be comparable
and awakened Garou could destroy some of the strongest S-class together
, so Orochi wouldn't stand a chance against Boros

S

Shuyaku

Orochi saw death from a regular Saitama punch, was unconscious for multiple chapters before suddenly reappearing. Psychos is now thinking of using him to boost herself
and from what i've read from the comics, he isn't present either
. Don't think Orochi is relevant enough at this point. I think his point would be to boost Psychos in her battle against Tatsumaki

Awakened Garou and Boros were implied to be comparable
and awakened Garou could destroy some of the strongest S-class together
, so Orochi wouldn't stand a chance against Boros
to be fair as far as their energy blasts are concerned (boros’ final attack aside) he and Orochi seem to have similar ap. Orochi is even fast enough to briefly intercept a Saitama charging at him not to mention he is the more skilled fighter. I don’t think either Boros or Garou are dtomping Orochi. Then again it’s iffy considering he was supposedly put on the same pedestal as Golden Sperm who got murked by Garou with little effort. Orochi just seems more impressive to me.

Awesome chapter, especially the panels with King were hilarious... It's nice to see that Orochi is still alive and kicking, but gotta say that he's one disgusting monster.

apparently orochi is also a dragon level just like the rest? i thought he is higher than that since he's called monster king and has that invincible vibe, but his subordinates like homeless emperor black sperm etc are on the same level as him?
Orochi was described as Dragon level or higher. Also, there are different levels in dragon category, we can clearly see the differences between the skills of cadres in Monster association.. for ex Elder Centipede and Rover are stronger than the likes of Bakuzan and Gums. In association only Black sperm's golden form is around Orochi's level.

Awakened Garou and Boros were implied to be comparable, so Orochi wouldn't stand a chance against Boros
Yes, both Awakened Garou and Boros are the most powerful monsters shown up until now, Garou is more lethal in close combat due to his skill but when it comes to ranged energy attacks Boros is literally a planet buster also Imo his physical attacks have more power as he was able to kick Saitama to the moon and also has a bit more speed when going all out plus has hax regeneration as he was able to regenerate his whole body from a single eye.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.