General & Others OP anime has nothing to do with OP manga[SPOILER]

Is current OP anime a garbage?

• Total voters
People complained too and it got a bit better but still sucks. You don't know the different of good art and good animation. Just being shoved with bright color and lights makes you think it is a good animation when characters move less than stop motion movies.
Post automatically merged:

No it's not.
It literally is. The last big episodes we had in 1061 and 1062 had plenty of bright flashy animation that was comparable to the scenes you linked above.

And its ironic that you are saying "you don't know the difference between good art and animation" when literally the main appeal of the scenes you linked is the fact they are spectacularly animated. There is a metric fuck ton of animation going on in every scene you linked.

It literally is. The last big episodes we had in 1061 and 1062 had plenty of bright flashy animation that was comparable to the scenes you linked above.

And its ironic that you are saying "you don't know the difference between good art and animation" when literally the main appeal of the scenes you linked is the fact they are spectacularly animated. There is a metric fuck ton of animation going on in every scene you linked.
Where is the animation on turn based fights? Just check the pre-ts fights, post-ts fights and now Wano fights. Pre-ts characters didn't received damage while stopped they used to get hit while moving, dodging and stuff. Post-ts this was less often but still some movement. Now it's turn based. You are not allowed to dodge or move until the enemy finishes his turn.

Where is the animation on turn based fights? Just check the pre-ts fights, post-ts fights and now Wano fights. Pre-ts characters didn't received damage while stopped they used to get hit while moving, dodging and stuff. Post-ts this was less often but still some movement. Now it's turn based. You are not allowed to dodge or move until the enemy finishes his turn.
Imma ask you this seriously. Have you read the manga for the action in Wano???

You do know that most of the scenes you are complaining about are being adapted precisely as they happened in the manga right???

Imma ask you this seriously. Have you read the manga for the action in Wano???

You do know that most of the scenes you are complaining about are being adapted precisely as they happened in the manga right???
I read manga since pandemics. So yes since act 2 and the whole Onigashima I read from manga. I'm update with manga so there is no way I couldn't have read all the action.

Yes I was already complaining about some stuff at manga towards that too. But manga and anime are 2 completely different things. Anime is adding so much filler to have a whole episode of a single chapter of 15 pages that there is no excuse to be adapted precisely as the manga. And anime is often changing many things of the manga. For example Zoro and Sanji final attacks against King and Queen. King used just ONE flame dragon not several as anime showed. Queen was sent upwards of Onigashima not backwards as anime showed. Queen seemed to be Team Rocket blasting off "again" at Manga which anime failed to give that impression while also removing the impression of strength that Sanji had by that feat. So don't try to tell me anime is being 100% loyal to manga because it isn't.

I read manga since pandemics. So yes since act 2 and the whole Onigashima I read from manga. I'm update with manga so there is no way I couldn't have read all the action.

Yes I was already complaining about some stuff at manga towards that too. But manga and anime are 2 completely different things. Anime is adding so much filler to have a whole episode of a single chapter of 15 pages that there is no excuse to be adapted precisely as the manga. And anime is often changing many things of the manga. For example Zoro and Sanji final attacks against King and Queen. King used just ONE flame dragon not several as anime showed. Queen was sent upwards of Onigashima not backwards as anime showed. Queen seemed to be Team Rocket blasting off "again" at Manga which anime failed to give that impression while also removing the impression of strength that Sanji had by that feat. So don't try to tell me anime is being 100% loyal to manga because it isn't.
Again, in the examples you listed, that you shared screenshots with above, they usually precisely follow what happened in the manga with adjustments to ADD choreography to the action.

For example. the Zoro and Sanji scenes both significantly fleshed out the choreography of the battle from their manga counter-parts.(the manga versions for those fights in their climaxes were a bit underwhelming, while in the anime they are by far Zoro and Sanji's strongest fights in the anime, they don't have particularly notable competition for the most part).

Again, in the examples you listed, that you shared screenshots with above, they usually precisely follow what happened in the manga with adjustments to ADD choreography to the action.

For example. the Zoro and Sanji scenes both significantly fleshed out the choreography of the battle from their manga counter-parts.(the manga versions for those fights in their climaxes were a bit underwhelming, while in the anime they are by far Zoro and Sanji's strongest fights in the anime, they don't have particularly notable competition for the most part).
NEVER! Hahahahaha. NEVER!

Zoro finale against King was PERFECT at manga and anime ruined that! That fucking nonsense of multiple dragons where Zoro is casually swining to destroy them makes no fucking sense. There is 0 sense of power coming from that attack of King.

Sanji finale against Queen was good enough and although I can agree that anime made better movements how Queen ended in anime sucks compared to manga by the reasons I already quoted. Plus at anime we can't see Sanji attacks connecting which is also bad.

Like I said after a certain episode they tunned down the lightning and colors because fans were complaining too much about it. That's why it got better but still sucks with the lack of animation in many parts.
Post automatically merged:

@JazzMazz

https://www.technochops.com/toei-an...ext-episodes-of-one-piece-after-fan-feedback/

And also this

https://www.animeexplained.com/news...ight-on-why-haki-auras-are-used-in-the-anime/

Last edited:
Yeah, this isn't particularly. Its taking the words of Tu a bit out of context. He literally just meant the episode he was working on which was episode 1033.

This story isn't particularly relevant either.

Zoro finale against King was PERFECT at manga and anime ruined that! That fucking nonsense of multiple dragons where Zoro is casually swining to destroy them makes no fucking sense. There is 0 sense of power coming from that attack of King.
Bro, Zoro vs King in the manga was no ones highlight. I liked it and considered it potentially Zoro's second best fight in the manga based on the writing alone, but the anime completely eclipsed the manga in terms of scale and impact, turning King from a fairly rushed addition that went down like a complete chump in a very messy double page spread into one of the most grand exchanges in the entire series. The sense of scale and power in the anime is ridiculous to the incredibly underwhelming manga counter-part.

Sanji finale against Queen was good enough and although I can agree that anime made better movements how Queen ended in anime sucks compared to manga by the reasons I already quoted. Plus at anime we can't see Sanji attacks connecting which is also bad.
You can't see the attacks connecting because you are blind. You can clearly see every single attack connecting against Queen. I have no idea what the hell your talking about.

And again, it was a massive upgrade over Oda's incredibly messy double page finisher that most people didn't like.

Like I said after a certain episode they tunned down the lightning and colors because fans were complaining too much about it. That's why it got better but still sucks with the lack of animation in many parts.
Except they didn't. What that article fails to mention is that the animator in question, was talking about 1033, and just 1033. Again, auras or lack there of are up to the descretion of directors and the compositing department. 1064 is a perfect example of the fact they haven't "toned down the lightning and colours".Also, the scene you are talking about are literally some of the best animated scenes in the entire series(and 95% of them are exclusively in Wano).

Yeah, this isn't particularly. Its taking the words of Tu a bit out of context. He literally just meant the episode he was working on which was episode 1033.
This story isn't particularly relevant either.
Sure just say people are taking it out of context and isn't relevant. Great argument.

Bro, Zoro vs King in the manga was no ones highlight. I liked it and considered it potentially Zoro's second best fight in the manga based on the writing alone, but the anime completely eclipsed the manga in terms of scale and impact, turning King from a fairly rushed addition that went down like a complete chump in a very messy double page spread into one of the most grand exchanges in the entire series. The sense of scale and power in the anime is ridiculous to the incredibly underwhelming manga counter-part.
Nope. One giant dragon is much more powerful that several dragons that got destroyed but casual swings of Zoro.

You can't see the attacks connecting because you are blind. You can clearly see every single attack connecting against Queen. I have no idea what the hell your talking about.

And again, it was a massive upgrade over Oda's incredibly messy double page finisher that most people didn't like.
They are hiding Sanji attacks connecting Queen behind Queen's huge body. You can't see shit. Besides Sanji looks fast as a slug hitting him.

Except they didn't. What that article fails to mention is that the animator in question, was talking about 1033, and just 1033. Again, auras or lack there of are up to the descretion of directors and the compositing department. 1064 is a perfect example of the fact they haven't "toned down the lightning and colours".Also, the scene you are talking about are literally some of the best animated scenes in the entire series(and 95% of them are exclusively in Wano).
It was from 1033 and beyond. As the "irrelevant" story says the LEAD DIRECTORS AND PRODUCTORS decided how much aura we will have on ALL episodes. The EP-Director and animators doesn't have power to decide.

Sure just say people are taking it out of context and isn't relevant. Great argument.
It was from 1033 and beyond. As the "irrelevant" story says the LEAD DIRECTORS AND PRODUCTORS decided how much aura we will have on ALL episodes. The EP-Director and animators doesn't have power to decide.
Yes, and I'm saying they haven't changed their overall stance that much at all.

1033 was a particular example, but then you have episodes like 1044, 1046 and 1033 which have a ton of flashy auras and colours to them.

Hell, even 1064 had a comparable amount of aura and flashiness to any prior point in the show before 1033.

Nope. One giant dragon is much more powerful that several dragons that got destroyed but casual swings of Zoro.
Oda did a mediocre job selling the scale of that. The attack being launched was relegated to tiny panels which made it seem barely more intimidating than his average imperial wings much less being extra large.

Hell, in the episode itself, the regular imperial wings that King attacks Zoro with at the start of their fight in the second half is grander in scale than King's ultimate attack from the manga.

His ultimate attack in the anime is so much more memorable and intimidating its actually insane. Instead of just a singular large dragon, King launches an attack that lights up the entire sky and shifts the clouds as it lays waste and devastation to the ground where its aimed.

And those small dragons are only the beginning as King piles it on with more and more attacks, creating even more massive fire dragons before charging in himself to clash with Zoro(which is an improvement of him just looking stunned silly when his singular fairly underwhelming fire dragon got cut in half and getting sliced himself).
They are hiding Sanji attacks connecting Queen behind Queen's huge body. You can't see shit. Besides Sanji looks fast as a slug hitting him.
They literally weren't. You can literally see the attacks connecting against Queen's body. What are you talking about? They weren't hiding anything. You are literally just blind.
And Sanji's string of attacks on Queen have an incredibly acrobatic element to them as he weaves through Queen's attacks to swat him away, running up his gigantic body to land hard hitting blows.

Thats significantly better than the cramped handful of panels that were given to that combo in the manga.

Yes, and I'm saying they haven't changed their overall stance that much at all.

1033 was a particular example, but then you have episodes like 1044, 1046 and 1033 which have a ton of flashy auras and colours to them.

Hell, even 1064 had a comparable amount of aura and flashiness to any prior point in the show before 1033.
Bullshit. Earlier episodes had so much flash auras that you couldn't see characters. If anything they toned down too much and now are finding a middle way to have a good amount of flashy auras but not like how it was before.

Oda did a mediocre job selling the scale of that. The attack being launched was relegated to tiny panels which made it seem barely more intimidating than his average imperial wings much less being extra large.

Hell, in the episode itself, the regular imperial wings that King attacks Zoro with at the start of their fight in the second half is grander in scale than King's ultimate attack from the manga.

His ultimate attack in the anime is so much more memorable and intimidating its actually insane. Instead of just a singular large dragon, King launches an attack that lights up the entire sky and shifts the clouds as it lays waste and devastation to the ground where its aimed.

And those small dragons are only the beginning as King piles it on with more and more attacks, creating even more massive fire dragons before charging in himself to clash with Zoro(which is an improvement of him just looking stunned silly when his singular fairly underwhelming fire dragon got cut in half and getting sliced himself).
Mediocre my ass. No one complained about that. It was beautiful. People were arguing if that was Zoro best fight on manga or if his fight with Mr 1 was still better.

King's attacks were never about size. This is for Kaido Dragon Form shit. Same thing Zoro/Sanji towards Luffy. Luffy is the one expanding his hand to giant size. Zoro and Sanji are powerfull without doing that shit. It is irrelevant to portray strength by size against them.

They literally weren't. You can literally see the attacks connecting against Queen's body. What are you talking about? They weren't hiding anything. You are literally just blind.
And Sanji's string of attacks on Queen have an incredibly acrobatic element to them as he weaves through Queen's attacks to swat him away, running up his gigantic body to land hard hitting blows.

Thats significantly better than the cramped handful of panels that were given to that combo in the manga.
No you cannot.

Look that ridiculous shit that was also used on Film Red