General & Others OP anime has nothing to do with OP manga[SPOILER]

Is current OP anime a garbage?

• Total voters
I'd say that most episodes in Wano have been done pretty well as opposed to being done poorly.

How is that at all comparable? You can't compare viewership rankings of an anime to a manga. Also, One Piece is still doing incredibly well. Its even beating out shows like My Hero Academia in the rankings for viewership(only in the Kanto region).

No, like, objectively, the quality of the animation of the show has significantly improved. One Piece had never previously had so many consistently well animated "special" episodes, or anything comparable to it. Also, the better use of colours and atmosphere has dramatically elevated the visuals of the series.

Wano has far greater animation peaks, and far more of them. There has never been an episode like 957 outside of Wano, and there have been amazingly animated episode like 914 and 915 and lately 961 and 962.

One Piece has never been so consistently well animated, and there are a number of factors that contribute to this. A huge factor being the consistent present of talented foreign freelancers.

Before Wano, we never had guys like Takashi Kojima consistently appearing on the series. Now he appears quite frequently.

Like, even if you talk with animators on the show, the general impression you get is that they are far happier with the quality and production of the output they are producing than previously.

Like, WCI was good, but Wano is a definite step up production wise, both in terms of direction, visual aesthetic, and the level of animation(pretty much all the prominent animators from WCI are working on Wano, and all of them are producing better scenes than they did in WCI).

Again, your evidence for that is superficial at best. The scales your using aren't comparable at all.

I don't have any real problems with them changing stuff if it makes the action flow better. Also, its easy to retroactively change such a thing.

Both of those are contentious examples. For Hunter x Hunter, I know plenty of people who vastly prefer the 99 adaptation for the arcs that it covered(and funnily enough, a big reason for that, is because they prefer 99 aesthetically, as well as animation wise).

They literally did fight in the manga, and again, showing Oden and Whitebeard fighting is a great opener to the episode, and flows more naturally into them calming down and eating with each other. Also, the result aalso made perfect sense, with Oden losing the battle to Whitebeard.

Also, you do know they did clash in the manga right?

No he wasn't? It was a fight that was literally off screened, only being shown in montage in the manga. The Kaido that faced Oden was still monstrously strong, and Kaido was shown to be able to match up to Oden 5 years prior to the event of their fight.

No, the rooftop battle is genuinely the best stuff One Piece has produced in a while. Some of it falls victim to Oda's cluttered panelled, but for the most part, the action is incredibly readable and adequately captures the scale of the action.

Luffy vs Ulti and Page One was messier than the roof top fight. It was fine, but incredibly brief. Marco fighting King and Queen also had some really nice action.

Apoo vs Zoro and Drake is typical Oda rubbish. Only thought that Zoro's finisher on Apoo was particularly well done.
One Piece manga is at least top 3 most read manga. OP anime is at max top 4 sometimes not even that. It is pretty good argument against your lack of argument.

You just admitted you are okay with things don't making sense in future. And tell me how Kaido blitzing Luffy is worse than him waiting Luffy to come with a KKG that never happened and all that bullshit of Luffy hitting the mountain and then coming back because G4 ran out.

Doesn't matter if you know one or 2 that rather the old version of anime that don't follow the manga. The best animation is the one that follow the manga.

Oden and WB clash in manga. Only that. They never fought. Is like saying Shanks and WB fought on their encounter. Very different from Kaido and BM that actually fought. It makes no sense for Oden to fight WB and then ask him to go to the seas. In fact not even the clash make sense but is way worse than an almost all out battle. And it was so terrible in terms of power scale, because WB took much more time to handle Oden than Roger and Oda always portray them as equals in terms of power but WB still has the title of strongest and Roger don't.

Rooftop literally lacks of motion, flow and anything else you need to be a good action scene. It is a fucking top tier battle and the 3 supernovas captains are joking around and getting beat. Kaido is screaming to literally anything that touches him. Oda is basically saying that Law throwing rocks on him made more damage than previous Luffy G4 punches. And the way it turned into a 1v1 makes no sense at all.

Zoro finishing Apoo is way worse than Apoo fighting both him and X-Drake in terms of action. This is exactly how rooftop was going, out of nowhere movements that suppose to do some damage.

OP anime have always had many flaws and few positive points towards manga. But lately all it has are negative points and huge flaws.

For example Luffy x Kaido battle, nothing against with extending the fight, many complained about Luffy being punching Kaido so much giving the impression he would win but those are literally retardads I didn't felt at any moment that Luffy was winning. The key thing in this fight was Kaido blitzing Luffy that he tried again at chapter 1001 and half failed, when the anime comes to that part we won't have a reference for that scene and this is a very important moment to show Luffy growth after trainning in Udon.

Also there is a lot of bullshits anime added with auras that made OP look like DBS. Oden fighting WB that makes literally non-sense since they didn't fought at manga. WB jumping trees (hahahahahaha, Luffy is suppose to be the monkey) before clashing with Roger. Rayleigh using only a finger to fight Marco after cut off blood with his sword from others enemies and saying "I'm taking you seriously". Oden and Kaido fight lost half logic of the manga, Oden was easily beating Kaido and ready to kill him he didn't struggled at all. Also Oden using Conqueror Haki like Luffy even knowing that Oda never draw him doing that...

Really, how anyone that reads manga can actually enjoy that shit?

People used to complain about animation at WCI without any reason, at least it really was OP back then but since Wano is One Piece Super.

Can't wait to laugh at Luffy using kamehameha on Kaido at episode 1000~

If wb didnt jump from tree how he gonna clash with roger?

Anime everyepisode staight into the story line except filler episodes. Oda dont need waste panal with wb jumping to tree, reylegh stop marco with finger and all kind things.
There will be extra fight scene too at rooftop after luffy ran out haki.

If wb didnt jump from tree how he gonna clash with roger?

Anime everyepisode staight into the story line except filler episodes. Oda dont need waste panal with wb jumping to tree, reylegh stop marco with finger and all kind things.
There will be extra fight scene too at rooftop after luffy ran out haki.
He didn't jumped fucking trees. I didn't say he can't do it I just said he didn't do it because it is bullshit. WB is not a morrow. Roger could do that shit. WB is a fucking giant human he doesn't need to come from a tree to make the clash like that.

Doesn't matter if you know one or 2 that rather the old version of anime that don't follow the manga. The best animation is the one that follow the manga.
That's just dumb. Animation is movement. Its not adapting a story directly.

One Piece manga is at least top 3 most read manga. OP anime is at max top 4 sometimes not even that. It is pretty good argument against your lack of argument.
One Piece usually varies on the monthly manga sales charts. Again, its not really a comparable thing.
You just admitted you are okay with things don't making sense in future. And tell me how Kaido blitzing Luffy is worse than him waiting Luffy to come with a KKG that never happened and all that bullshit of Luffy hitting the mountain and then coming back because G4 ran out.
Yes, you could easily just change it so that Luffy just dodge Kaido. Sure, the context would be slightly difference, but the intent from 1001 could still easily be recreated with Luffy noting how fast Kaido's club was, as well as Kaido noting how he didn't try to take it head on.

Oden and WB clash in manga. Only that. They never fought. Is like saying Shanks and WB fought on their encounter. Very different from Kaido and BM that actually fought. It makes no sense for Oden to fight WB and then ask him to go to the seas. In fact not even the clash make sense but is way worse than an almost all out battle. And it was so terrible in terms of power scale, because WB took much more time to handle Oden than Roger and Oda always portray them as equals in terms of power but WB still has the title of strongest and Roger don't.
Roger never handled Oden. Oden got up after being sent flying by Roger. Again, Roger still lost to Whitebeard.

Rooftop literally lacks of motion, flow and anything else you need to be a good action scene. It is a fucking top tier battle and the 3 supernovas captains are joking around and getting beat. Kaido is screaming to literally anything that touches him. Oda is basically saying that Law throwing rocks on him made more damage than previous Luffy G4 punches. And the way it turned into a 1v1 makes no sense at all.
None of those things are really valid criticisms. I think that you could say that some of the panelling is a bit cluttered, but the action is very clear, and it excels at the sort of action that One Piece is good at.
Zoro finishing Apoo is way worse than Apoo fighting both him and X-Drake in terms of action. This is exactly how rooftop was going, out of nowhere movements that suppose to do some damage.
One Piece has never been good at choreography, so Zoro and Drake mindlessly banging their weapons against Apoo's staffs did absolutely nothing for me.

One Piece usually varies on the monthly manga sales charts. Again, its not really a comparable thing.

Yes, you could easily just change it so that Luffy just dodge Kaido. Sure, the context would be slightly difference, but the intent from 1001 could still easily be recreated with Luffy noting how fast Kaido's club was, as well as Kaido noting how he didn't try to take it head on.

Roger never handled Oden. Oden got up after being sent flying by Roger. Again, Roger still lost to Whitebeard.

None of those things are really valid criticisms. I think that you could say that some of the panelling is a bit cluttered, but the action is very clear, and it excels at the sort of action that One Piece is good at.

One Piece has never been good at choreography, so Zoro and Drake mindlessly banging their weapons against Apoo's staffs did absolutely nothing for me.
Sanji's fights, Vergo, Smoker. Basically any hand to hand short fight. Zoro Vs Kaku sword fight, Kyros Vs Diamante, Luffy Vs Kaido right after Conquest of the Sea. Oda does good when he choreographs.

Sanji's fights, Vergo, Smoker. Basically any hand to hand short fight. Zoro Vs Kaku sword fight, Kyros Vs Diamante, Luffy Vs Kaido right after Conquest of the Sea. Oda does good when he choreographs.
Smoker vs Vergo had some nice stuff, but it was incredibly brief, and Sanji vs Vergo wasn't that good at all.

Luffy vs Crocodile is actually the time which sticks out most to me in terms of choreography. The panelling and page layouts are nice and readable.

Nowadays, everything is incredibly messy.

Onigashima Choreography been Kinda mid not gonna lie, Luffy vs Ulti and Page one was probably the most impressive choereogrpahy exchange in recent memory.
Also its amazing that we have seen basically 0 named attacks from PageOne. You almost think he was a purpose built punching bag.

But wow, the difference between the Monster Trio and the rest of the crew is stunning. Luffy and Sanji basically manhandled the Tobi Roppo, Ussop and Nami are completely defenseless. Like Sanji can kick PageOne around and Luffy can hammer him, but Ussop's strongest movies just have him walking right through them.

Your first argument doesn't even make sense. So just follow that other OP adaptation that has almost nothing to do with manga. At least no one would call that shit cannon.

Again another argument that don't make sense. I never said anything about monthly sales charts. OP is at least top 3 most sold manga in a year each year. Anime is not following that anymore.

So we are just forgetting that Luffy doesn't have Future Sight (because he used in both situations) and never wanted to tank Kaido's club. At anime he was just attacking Kaido and got a counter attack. Actually anime is so bad that doesn't even make sense they nerfed King Kong Size so much that looks small on Kaido and made Kaido being able to hit Luffy at same time he was hit by that. Really stop trying to defend this scene, it was ridiculous.

Roger almost one-shotted Oden. Oda just wanted for Oden to see the clash of the 2 top tiers and make that speech so Law could do the same at 1010. It doesn't make much sense how that attack affected Oden, it really seems Roger just pushed him away with no intented to cut. Roger never lost to WB, but yes WB was stronger.

The action is very clear, everybody is standing stopped. It seems a game of turns where you make a movement with your character then wait the others turns until you can make your movement again.

OP has some goods coreography both manga and anime. But not so much right now, only back then. I just started read manga at 930~ but anime coreography was great at Luffy x Lucci and now is shit at Wano or even at WCI the worst 2 arcs so far.

Your first argument doesn't even make sense. So just follow that other OP adaptation that has almost nothing to do with manga. At least no one would call that shit cannon.

Again another argument that don't make sense. I never said anything about monthly sales charts. OP is at least top 3 most sold manga in a year each year. Anime is not following that anymore.

So we are just forgetting that Luffy doesn't have Future Sight (because he used in both situations) and never wanted to tank Kaido's club. At anime he was just attacking Kaido and got a counter attack. Actually anime is so bad that doesn't even make sense they nerfed King Kong Size so much that looks small on Kaido and made Kaido being able to hit Luffy at same time he was hit by that. Really stop trying to defend this scene, it was ridiculous.

Roger almost one-shotted Oden. Oda just wanted for Oden to see the clash of the 2 top tiers and make that speech so Law could do the same at 1010. It doesn't make much sense how that attack affected Oden, it really seems Roger just pushed him away with no intented to cut. Roger never lost to WB, but yes WB was stronger.

The action is very clear, everybody is standing stopped. It seems a game of turns where you make a movement with your character then wait the others turns until you can make your movement again.

OP has some goods coreography both manga and anime. But not so much right now, only back then. I just started read manga at 930~ but anime coreography was great at Luffy x Lucci and now is shit at Wano or even at WCI the worst 2 arcs so far.
Agree. One Piece Anime fanboys try to hype it to the moon. But 95% new gen Anime are better animation wise, pacing wise One Piece was utterly shit after the TS, and even if it didnt had such a wanna be good animation pre TS, at least it had its own likeable style. While current One Piece is Dragonball x Two Piece.

I think your confused. When I say "animation" and animation quality, I mean "animation", not "the act of adapting the story through animation".
Its also worth considering trends of where the anime always ranked. Its a complicated process and it doesn't really mean anything about the quality of a show.
Again, its only a minor shift in characterization, but its nothing particularly major. King Kong gun isn't that big, so I don't really see the problem with it only being Kaido's size when its only shown to be roughly the size of gear 4th anyway.

My problems with that scene more stem from the fact that the animator who worked on it, although talented, probably wasn't the best for it. It may have been more impactful with a different animator.

No he didn't? Your changing the scene argument now. Roger did the same shit he did to Oden in the anime as he did in the manga. I thought you were angry about how they treated Whitebeard(who was still shown to be stronger than Oden).

I don't anything suggests that Whitebeard was stronger. He was as strong.

Also, the Roger scene was pretty much 1:1 with the manga. They literally used the same panels and framing(which kind of brought it down tbh).
No its not, its kind of messy, and not choreographed at all.

The reason I prefer big stand out scenes is because that's typically when Oda is at his best in terms of scale and layouts(I will say Luffy using conquerors in chapter 1010 was also really nice).
Not really? The fights have always been pretty straightforward and nonchoreographed based. Luffy vs Lucci is okay, but I wouldn't say its choreographed based. Its very much a more "fast paced" One Piece style fight as opposed to possessing real choreography.

Last edited:
I think your confused. When I say "animation" and animation quality, I mean "animation", not "the act of adapting the story through animation".

Its also worth considering trends of where the anime always ranked. Its a complicated process and it doesn't really mean anything about the quality of a show.

Again, its only a minor shift in characterization, but its nothing particularly major. King Kong gun isn't that big, so I don't really see the problem with it only being Kaido's size when its only shown to be roughly the size of gear 4th anyway.

My problems with that scene more stem from the fact that the animator who worked on it, although talented, probably wasn't the best for it. It may have been more impactful with a different animator.

No he didn't? Your changing the scene argument now. Roger did the same shit he did to Oden in the anime as he did in the manga. I thought you were angry about how they treated Whitebeard(who was still shown to be stronger than Oden).

I don't anything suggests that Whitebeard was stronger. He was as strong.

Also, the Roger scene was pretty much 1:1 with the manga. They literally used the same panels and framing(which kind of brought it down tbh).

No its not, its kind of messy, and not choreographed at all.

The reason I prefer big stand out scenes is because that's typically when Oda is at his best in terms of scale and layouts(I will say Luffy using conquerors in chapter 1010 was also really nice).

Not really? The fights have always been pretty straightforward and nonchoreographed based. Luffy vs Lucci is okay, but I wouldn't say its choreographed based. Its very much a more "fast paced" One Piece style fight as opposed to possessing real choreography.
1. I didn't confused a shit I understood very well when you said "animation". That is why doesn't make sense, if is only to animate why changing story?

2. So far you didn't bring any data to support your argument. Just keep saying my is not relevant because you don't have anything to show otherwise.

3. Isn't that big? Are you dumb or what? Look Luffy x Doffy? That shit is huge! At least Kaido's size.
That scene would be better if they don't fucking change contest.

4. Yes he almost did. That attack seems to do no damage to Oden still is like a one-shot situation where Roger basically says "get out of here you aren't at my level". This is me complain about manga not anime. But then we have WB x Roger where they are same level. But we had WB x Oden where WB didn't no diffed Oden like Roger did. Can you understand now? That fight between them was illogical because they didn't fought. And if they did WB would have no diffed just like Roger did.
Again, WB jumping trees is the most ridiculous thing I've seen him doing.

5. Luffy vs Krieg, Crocodile, Enel, Lucci, Doflamingo