Speculations Orochi's return and his role in Wano

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
We've all seen Orochi getting his head chopped off but most people believe he's still alive

1. we have seen characters coming back after "dying" with even characters that didn't matter to the story like pound so its not something that never happened before
  2. no one cared for his death when a character dies in op which doesn't happen very often everyone is affected and shocked by it with orochi that didn't happen everyone just changed their attention to kaido that's it
  3. orochi has eight heads and he got his head cut off so 7 left to go, an argument i see often is that he wasn't in his zoan form at the time but you have to remember that every mythical zoan has a unique ability and they don't have to be in their zoan forms to use it as seen with marco so it's not out of the question that orochi also has an ability
one topic of orochi's eight heads i wanted to point out that every head seems to have a different personallty so while the orochi we know died but when he comes back he will have a different personality

we also have this panel which is just an obvious indication orochi is still alive

now that we've talked about why he's alive we need to talk about his purpose in the story. he will be the reason the marines/WG come to wano, we see he has connections to the wg as he talked to cp0
one of the main reasons why its hard to reach wano is because it's hard to enter a marine ship would never get over the waterfall so orochi could snitch and tell them about the hidden port it's still not yet used in the story and i don't believe it will stay that way

the marines have to be involved in wano one way or another and that only they can is someone from the inside and only orochi can be that one you might say drake but that's not possible because a) he busy fighting b) he is only a member of sword we don't know if he's a marine or not, kaido and bigmom will be severely weakend so it's the perfect time to take them out

you might ask what does orochi gain from all this? nothing orochi only ruled because he wanted the people of wano to suffer so a 3 way war is best way to cause the most suffering
Pretty much. He was content with letting the country rot slowly while he enjoyed the luxury, but now that his main backer has betrayed him, he'll resort to drastic measures by destroying everything around Wano. This will, in turn, implicate the citizens immediately and increase the urgency of the situation.

I had something a little different in mind than the Marines being who Orochi calls up, but that's a good alternative. I thought of him having set bombs around all corners of Wano over the years just in case, or unleashing a large dose of plague gas that was concotted by Queen, or mass produced quantity of whatever he launched at this man during the flashback.

zoro fans should realise they are lucky. unlike most of his boring fights with less skilled blade user, now he gets a battle where he would have to use his brain for once and try to cut something that may be immune to cutting so he has to use a different strategy..
That already happened. It's called "Zoro vs Pica."

S

stealthblack

Pretty much. He was content with letting the country rot slowly while he enjoyed the luxury, but now that his main backer has betrayed him, he'll resort to drastic measures by destroying everything around Wano. This will, in turn, implicate the citizens immediately and increase the urgency of the situation.

I had something a little different in mind than the Marines being who Orochi calls up, but that's a good alternative. I thought of him having set bombs around all corners of Wano over the years just in case, or unleashing a large dose of plague gas that was concotted by Queen, or mass produced quantity of whatever he launched at this man during the flashback.

That already happened. It's called "Zoro vs Pica."
but his slashes worked, it's just that he needed to get closer to him, and got help from orlumbus to get closer.

the second zoro was in range, pica was fodder

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
but his slashes worked, it's just that he needed to get closer to him, and got help from orlumbus to get closer.

the second zoro was in range, pica was fodder
Firstly, Zoro needed more than to just be in range. He also had to separate Pica from any connecting surface in order to trap him and force him out of his golem. In a way, Pica was immune to cuts, in the sense that simply cutting him wouldn’t take him out.

Second, you’re assuming Orochi is immune to cuts. And if he is, in what way? He regrows a cut limb? Sounds awfully similar to golem Pica. He physically can’t be cut in his snake form? Well, Zoro’s already fought guys like that and it still came down to him learning how to cut them, so I don’t know what part of “thinking outside the box” that would bring.

And what’s the problem with Zoro ending his fights by striking someone down? He’s a swordsman, that’s his thing.

I hope he never returns. Oda portraying his return would feel so forced and tastless.

Orochi was slashed whilst he got his human head and not whilst using multiple heads. That logically implies all heads were represented by his own human head which got slashed.
Man, this is OP.
History (Pell, Pound, Bon Clay, Pagaya etc.) tells us that there is like a 0.1% chance Orochi actually stays dead, especially with his kind of DF.

I don't know.

All I know is that my view is logically correct, of course the author can take it forced as long as he wishes to carry the plot on with Orochi in it.
Actually no, it just doesn't seem logical at all - plotwise...

Oda just killing him off then and there was too premature, imo. Let's not forget this guy was responsible for the Wano people's suffering for more than 20 years... he plotted it, manufactured it, turned it to reality. He got Kaido backing him, and with that, he assumed full power and tyranny over the people.

How many times did the civilians and the samurai in Wano say they couldn't kill Orochi because Kaido was backing him? Even Orochi said it.... and all that struggle to take out Orochi, only to have Kaido himself kill him 20-ish years later? That sorta outcome for a guy everyone wants to kill doesn't make sense, imo.

Plus it makes the Hiyori thing redundant. He knew where Hiyori is.
What's gonna happen to that? It also makes Hiyori's purpose redundant as well.