Current Events Outcome of Zoro vs Lucci

How far does Lucci push Zoro?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
You're missing the point entirely, I don't know how else to explain it.

The very fact that a draft needed to be held is proof they are not anywhere near Admiral lvl.
I understand what you're saying, but you're not trying to understand what I am saying. You said they held the draft because these two are too weak to be admirals. And I am saying if these two are considered too weak to be admirals despite being the strongest candidates available, then they shouldn't even be candidates.

You can't say someone is too unqualified to fill a position and look for outsiders to fill it, and then turn back and ask the same unqualified candidate to apply anyway just because he's the best possible option within your ranks. The logic doesn't even add up.

Besides, the military draft happened to fill the holes left by the Paramount War and its subsequent consequences. The Marines are still short by 3 top tiers even if they have strong admiral contenders. They recruited people via the draft, and they ended up with four candidates for two admiral positions. And they chose the best two. If two of the four were never even qualified, we wouldn't have 4 contenders in the first place. It's as simple as that.

I understand what you're saying, but you're not trying to understand what I am saying. You said they held the draft because these two are too weak to be admirals. And I am saying if these two are considered too weak to be admirals despite being the strongest candidates available, then they shouldn't even be candidates.

You can't say someone is too unqualified to fill a position and look for outsiders to fill it, and then turn back and ask the same unqualified candidate to apply anyway just because he's the best possible option within your ranks. The logic doesn't even add up.

Besides, the military draft happened to fill the holes left by the Paramount War and its subsequent consequences. The Marines are still short by 3 top tiers even if they have strong admiral contenders. They recruited people via the draft, and they ended up with four candidates for two admiral positions. And they chose the best two. If two of the four were never even qualified, we wouldn't have 4 contenders in the first place. It's as simple as that.
Isn't it plausible that the 2 admiral candidates were only candidates prior to the draft, and once the higher-ups realized that they weren't gonna cut it, they resorted to the draft?

Essentially, what if the sequence was like this:
1) Akainu becomes Fleet Admiral and Kuzan defects, leaving 2 vacant admiral positions.
2) The higher-ups search through the Vice Admirals to nominate / find potential admirals, and Gion & Tokikake are the best they can come up with.
3) After evaluation, they realize that even the strongest Vice Admirals won't cut it.
4) They decide to hold the World Military Draft to find suitably strong candidates.

If the admiral candidates were 90-95% of Fujitora / Ryokugyu in strength, wouldn't they have likely sufficed as admirals anyway?

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me

You can't say someone is so unqualified to fill a position and look for outsiders to fill it, and then turn back and ask the same unqualified candidate to apply anyway just because he's the best possible option within your ranks. The logic doesn't even add up.
But this is why I'm saying you aren't understanding, you are a candidate by default because you are the best option available in the entire organization, the best option available in the organization by default will be an internal candidate. The very fact that a military organization had to let two security risks in and lead their entire navy, solely because off how strong they were, tells you all you need to know regarding the gap between them and the "candidates"

Besides, we only know of 2 candidates, and we damn well know those two were not on egghead. So whoever would be on egghead would most likely be even weaker than these not so promising Admiral candidates. Some randos being stronger than Lucci was always a pipe dream if you ask me.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Isn't it plausible that the 2 admiral candidates were only candidates prior to the draft, and once the higher-ups realized that they weren't gonna cut it, they resorted to the draft?

Essentially, what if the sequence was like this:
1) Akainu becomes Fleet Admiral and Kuzan defects, leaving 2 vacant admiral positions.
2) The higher-ups search through the Vice Admirals to nominate / find potential admirals, and Gion & Tokikake are the best they can come up with.
3) After evaluation, they realize that even the strongest Vice Admirals won't cut it.
4) They decide to hold the World Military Draft to find suitably strong candidates.

If the admiral candidates were 90-95% of Fujitora / Ryokugyu in strength, wouldn't they have likely sufficed as admirals anyway?
That would be the case if the Marines didn't know how strong these two were prior to announcing them as candidates. These two are HQ VAs and the strongest of them. So I doubt any second-guessing is needed there. Again, the drafting happened to fill the holes left by Kuzan, Sengoku, and Garp. There's gonna be a draft regardless of whether these guys are strong enough to be admirals or not.
Post automatically merged:

But this is why I'm saying you aren't understanding, you are a candidate by default because you are the best option available in the entire organization, the best option available in the organization by default will be an internal candidate. The very fact that a military organization had to let two security risks in and lead their entire navy, solely because off how strong they were, tells you all you need to know regarding the gap between them and the "candidates"

Besides, we only know of 2 candidates, and we damn well know those two were not on egghead. So whoever would be on egghead would most likely be even weaker than these not so promising Admiral candidates. Some randos being stronger than Lucci was always a pipe dream if you ask me.
Bro, you're literally saying they looked for outsiders because they thought their best possible candidates weren't qualified. You're saying the whole reason for drafting is their un-qualification. That legit means they're never the contenders lmao. If you're deemed not worthy during the screening, then you're not going for the final round. This is seriously hilarious that you're missing such simple logic in your own argument.

There's still room for more Zodiac VAs, so I am hoping one of them shows up here. It's possible one of them might have been recruited via drafting as well. I also think it's possible none of the SHs besides Luffy are gonna have an extreme battle to escape the fleet, so it's possible we'll have to settle for an easier battle for Zoro, which could be Lucci.

Last edited:
Lucci was easily the most hyped preskip Villain, in terms of strength, and it's not even close. Oda went out of his way at every chance he got to hype up how strong this guy was. His character was centered around just how much of a beast he was after all. If there is any character Oda would bring back as a low end top tier, it would be Lucci.
I first need to know what's your definition of Low/Mid Top Tiers.
Because for me Low/Mid top tier guys are the Old Trio. And unless you think Lucci can hang against them, he is not low top tier at all. At best he will be in Peak High tier, the same as Zoro

There is obviously no denying that Lucci is strong, but he ain't low top tier.

Lucci will lose thats for certain. I think king was far stronger opponent and he pushed zoro doors to death . No way lucci would give him that level of fight.

Its important to notice how much actually lucci progressed in haki and his other abilities. I ll be surprised if he pushes high diff.

I still don't know who Zoro's final opponent is
But Oda forced Luffy to use g5(While the beginning of Luffy's fight with Kizaru is a normal encounter)....Also, Lucci's defeat by Stacey was more respectful...So I feel like Oda respected Lucci somehow and Zoro and Lucci might have a long fight
zoro mid diff
But Sanji and Jimbe may still interfere in the fight
Or a group fight with Kizaru and the arrival of a powerful vice admiral is possible
The next chapter will probably answer the questions

C

CensoredbyWG

Zoro never came close to defeating someone who fought luffy so its VERY unlikely for a win from his side.

This is sabaody parallel which means SHs will lose and get separated.

With that said: lucci high diffs.

It wouldnt make sense for a guy who took 3 gear 5 punches to lose to someone severely inferior to the level gear 5 luffy sits on.

If Lucci pushes Zoro to high diff will you finally admit he's > King?

:endthis:
Yes.
Current Zoro vs King would be a mid-high diff for Zoro IMO.
If Lucci pushes Zoro that much or more, then he's obviously >= King in overall power scaling

It wouldn't mind much lol, I like Lucci more than Zoro or King anyway.
The only reason I put him below King is because G5 Luffy low diff him without using even advanced conquerors haki. That would never happen to King, but that could just be due to matchup.

The following will be clear too:
- Gap between Luffy and Zoro is higher than I thought at the moment.
- there was more to the Lucci situation that just a plain low diff as I suspected. He was fine just a few minutes later, so it wasn't a standard low diff anyway. We saw that he was able to do fine in straight up clashes, which is impressive. Though I doubt Lucci would've got back up if that was advanced conquerors haki instead of advanced armament.

Mid diff, like kamazou some skirmish trade blow back to back then zoro getting serious then the fight is over.
Idk how can anyone say the fight will be interrupted lol, lucci is serious threat to any sh that need to be put down, also the red flag about lucci getting humbled is all over the place i will not be surprised if he got monet treatment tbh

Zoro vs King and Kaku was extreme diff, Ryuma was high diff.

Lucci is superior and probably will win if its a 1v1 to the end, but surely thats not how it ends. So I assume their fight will be interrupted somehow.

If Zoro manages to beat Lucci or show superiority, I will admit Zoro is a Low Top Tier.

You mean the fight in ennies lobby was extreme diff? Where Zoro after the Fight only had bruises in his Face and some small scratches on his Body and went immediatly fighting 100s of Captains and was after that fine too? Zoro vs Kaku was the definition of a Mid-High diff Battle! It became a Neg diff once Ashura came in.

It's a tricky one and Zoro fans are in a pickle here unless they are the normal sane rational ones.

I'm going to go for high diff but I wouldn't be surprised if it was mid diff.

Luffy literally neg diff'd Lucci he left him because Lucci was knocked out. So to be honest High diff or above for Zoro means to me Luffy could realistically low diff current Zoro.

Zoro needs to realistically 1 shot easily or dominate Lucci to have anywhere as good as showing as Luffy.

So far we have 2 sword style Zoro being able to push back base Lucci. However base Lucci blocked a slash with haki with his own haki on his leg.

Everything is being set up for high diff IMO.