General & Others Overall Which Fight was Better? Zoro Vs King or Luffy Vs Katakuri?

Which Fight was Better?

• Total voters

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
My major issue with Zoro v. King is the fact that King’s speed ability and subsequent vulnerability was discovered and exploited off screen. Oda had King switching between durability and speed like nuts in 1033, but none of that was addressed or explained at the time.

IMO, there needed to be one chapter where King’s speed and vulnerability were properly explored before cutting to 1035 where he’s slashed and made to run from Zoro. It’s the most important development of the fight and Oda spent zero time on it.

More satisfying than Zoro unlocking CoC coating? It's definitely debatable imo, both Luffy and Zoro had to overcome a lot to beat the opponent's gimmick. I think for me it's still Luffy v Kata until we see Zoro v King in the anime. Maybe Zoro and King would have been better if Oda hyped King up more throughout the arc, or gave better reason for him fighting Zoro
Yeah,King wasn't hyped enough.Overcoming his Lunarians genes wasn't as satisfying as Luffy finally hitting Katakuri.

My major issue with Zoro v. King is the fact that King’s speed ability and subsequent vulnerability was discovered and exploited off screen. Oda had King switching between durability and speed like nuts in 1033, but none of that was addressed or explained at the time.

IMO, there needed to be one chapter where King’s speed and vulnerability were properly explored before cutting to 1035 where he’s slashed and made to run from Zoro. It’s the most important development of the fight and Oda spent zero time on it.
Fight wouldve lasted longer if Arbela was strong sadly Zoro bodid him in 3 hits

Luffy vs Katakuri was way better. Luffy struggled a lot,unlocking FS felt satisfying.
He struggled more than he should for someone that was suppose to win that fight.

Zoro only struggled because of King's hax and Enma nerf. Which makes sense once he understand the hax and Enma is not nerfing him that much(he still got tired faster than should) to low diff King.

Unlike Luffy that understood Katakuri, learned FS(but didn't used at the end) just to get hit multiple times, fail to outspeed Katakuri got knocked out first, stood up after Katakuri and got free pass to ran away from BM's territory. Not only that but Katakuri went down by just a few hits while King was tanking rounds of Marco then tanked a lot of Zoro's strongest attacks and also 1 or 2 ACoC attack of him(flames off).

Zorro vs King is like any other boring Zorro fight?

"Damn,i cant cut my enemy"
"Powerup"
"Now i can cut my enemy"

Allways the same

Kata vs Luffy was to long but the final chapter of it was awesome.Kata dancing around SM is still a awesome panel
Zoro couldn't cut King because of flames not because he needed power up. Anyway that was shit since he could cut even before ACoC.

I'm not the biggest fan of neither but whoever believes Zoro versus King was better is fooling themselves. Luffy versus Katakuri had themes matching both the fighters's own struggles and the field, character progress, some superb panels and an emotional ending. On top of this, Katakuri's gimmick and how to overcome it actually made sense (sees the future > opens holes in his body > Luffy develops future sight to counter Katakuri's > uses a speed-based form to overcome him with speed being a well-established counter to observation haki) while King's was totally random and remains vaguely addressed.

It's miles away, not even debatable. Luffy versus Katakuri had narrative effort behind it; Zoro versus King was empty and lazy.