Fanclub Peaky Blinders

Top 3 Seasons?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
I love the show anyway but I feel like it lacks action.
Hmm not sure if I agree with it. What exactly do you mean?

Does action pick up in the later seasons?
Well the stage keeps getting bigger and bigger so I guess yes if that's what you're talking about.

D

Dragomir

Joining the gang

Started Peaky Blinders today.
Nice, my boy. Who are your favorite characters so far?
@Light D Lamperouge @playa4321

Does action pick up in the later seasons?

Finished the first season ( starting 2nd today ). I love the show anyway but I feel like it lacks action.
Yeah, season 2 has a lot of action and season 4 I would say has the most.
@Dragomir here's two Tommy Gif/Avy's feel free if you wanna use them
Awesome, thank you! I'll save them.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
holy shit at that ending

completely caught me off guard
Aye, glad you caught up. What do you think of the series? Also, I saw you wanted to talk about it lmao, but I was asleep.

"Don't fuck with the Peaky Blinders."

Welcome to the Peaky Blinders!
This is an amazing Netflix show that tells the story of a British street gang post-World War 1. If you're a part of this club, I'm sure that you don't need much of a synopsis. I just recently caught up and it's easily one of my favorite shows ever. An 11/10 series. Thomas Shelby is an absolutely amazingly written protagonist. The plot is superb and each season is filled with many great and iconic scenes. Tommy stands as my favorite character but I like pretty much the entire main cast as well. There's not one that I hate really. My top 5 would be 1. Tommy 2. Arthur 3. Ada 4. Polly 5. Changretta/John. My favorite season is season 4. The war with the New York Mafia was so hype. I also really like Changretta as an antagonist. His style is very smooth. I personally rank Major Campbell as the best antagonist in the show but Changretta stands as my favorite. My favorite scene in the whole show is when the three brothers pulled up to the London club and just fucked shit up:
From John's "FUCK OFF!" to Arthur's "Put some ice on 'em!" just everything about this scene was great to me. Lastly, I must say, the drip in this show goes hard. I would love to wear an outfit like Tommy's one day as I grow older and get the money for it. It's super stylish.

Anyway, share your top 5 characters, favorite season, favorite villain, favorite scene(s), or just about anything you like about this show! And also, vote in the poll...by order of the Peaky Blinders.

Members -

Mate Appreciate the Tag. This is such a great story. Rest In Peace Aunt Polly.

Favorite character is Tommy. Usually growing up I heard the middle child is the biggest trouble maker, and this show emphasis that to the highest degree. Tommy is particular, meticulous, observant, hypocritical (for special reasons), bold, and ambitious. Loved his character and his relationships with his brother. His dynamic was Alfie Solomonโ€™s was top tier, their banter and connection was both ridiculous and cool.

I didnโ€™t like the new villain, forgot his name. But the Billy Kimber street gang fight had me hooked. Greatest villain yet, hands down is Luca Changretta. The way he came in was a boss move. He began his debut with his motherโ€™s quote and died with his motherโ€™s quote. Was a nice touch on the Italian heritage and the importance of family in their lives. Also the way he said, โ€œI came by train by France, does not mean Iโ€™m Frenchโ€, that was clean af dawg.

And finally Oh Boy, Michael and Gina Gray, I just donโ€™t like these two, but they are amazing Actors.

Aye, glad you caught up. What do you think of the series? Also, I saw you wanted to talk about it lmao, but I was asleep.

This fanmade intro is way better than the actual intro for the show, check it out.

I liked the show a lot tbh. I think my favourite aspect of the show was the writing. I really enjoyed all the references and metaphors used when it came to the Somme, Verdun, Gallipoli, ect. The script writers did a good job of never allowing the viewer to ever forget about the Great War and all the tragedy and despair that took place during those 4 years. I also loved how they made the characters actually speak how people spoke in during that time period, they didn't shy away from using any racial slurs or slang terms used back then. I think nearly every ethnic group got slandered at one point during the show which is quite accurate for the time period. I also liked how they included a lot of characters who actually existed in real life such as Churchill, Oswald, Jessie Eden, Billy Kimber, Sabini, the Peaky Blinders and more, of course almost all of these characters weren't portrayed exactly how they were in real life but I was never expecting that to begin with, it's a tv show after all. But it was just nice to see so many people that actually existed in real life be included in the show. And finally, I enjoyed the attention the show gave to the conflict and the cultural/religious differences between the people living in England, Scotland, and Ireland. The characters, plot, and music are also cool but my favourite aspect about this journey was the writing, I loved it.

As for my favourite characters, it would have to be:

1) Oswald
2) Tommy
3) Alfie
4) John
5) Luca
6) Jimmy McCavern
7) Tatiana
8) Gina Grey

And I think it was Churchill who betrayed Tommy. Churchill never asked Tommy to assassinate him and Oswald being assassinated would be bad for Churchill because you can't allow commoners to think it's okay to kill the top of the food chain, otherwise what's stopping someone from one day assassinating Churchill? It's the same reason the British wanted Napoleon exiled instead of executed. Churchill also didn't even have Oswald assassinated in real life, he only had Oswald detained after Oswald wouldn't stop screeching like a banshee about how Britain should surrender to Hitler.

Anyways, I'm glad that Oswald survived, because he was literally carrying season 5 on his back. Every other villain needs a bunch of henchmen with guns or needs to kidnap Tommy's child in order to intimidate Tommy, but not my boy Oswald. Oswald walks into a room with three Peaky Blinders and ends up neg diffing them all with his words alone. He leaves Michael stuttering like a fool when he rightfully points out how Michael lost the family millions of dollars by playing the fool. He hints to Arthur that he's being cucked by Linda and Arthur starts raging and breaking chairs. And as for Tommy, well Tommy was nervous and scared before Oswald even entered the room. Oswald is outnumbered 3-1, doesn't have the home court advantage, and has no weapons on him and he still manages to embarrasses all three members of the Peaky Blinders.

"And bingo! 20 seconds in and I already have them speaking their wog lingo"

Best character on the show by far.

Anyways, overall I'd give the show a 9/10. It was very good.

D

Dragomir

This fanmade intro is way better than the actual intro for the show, check it out.

I liked the show a lot tbh. I think my favourite aspect of the show was the writing. I really enjoyed all the references and metaphors used when it came to the Somme, Verdun, Gallipoli, ect. The script writers did a good job of never allowing the viewer to ever forget about the Great War and all the tragedy and despair that took place during those 4 years. I also loved how they made the characters actually speak how people spoke in during that time period, they didn't shy away from using any racial slurs or slang terms used back then. I think nearly every ethnic group got slandered at one point during the show which is quite accurate for the time period. I also liked how they included a lot of characters who actually existed in real life such as Churchill, Oswald, Jessie Eden, Billy Kimber, Sabini, the Peaky Blinders and more, of course almost all of these characters weren't portrayed exactly how they were in real life but I was never expecting that to begin with, it's a tv show after all. But it was just nice to see so many people that actually existed in real life be included in the show. And finally, I enjoyed the attention the show gave to the conflict and the cultural/religious differences between the people living in England, Scotland, and Ireland. The characters, plot, and music are also cool but my favourite aspect about this journey was the writing, I loved it.
Are you a fan of historical fiction?

As for my favourite characters, it would have to be:

1) Oswald
2) Tommy
3) Alfie
4) John
5) Luca
Solid favorite characters list. You're the first guy I've seen have Oswald as their #1 favorite.

6) Jimmy McCavern
7) Tatiana

And I think it was Churchill who betrayed Tommy. Churchill never asked Tommy to assassinate him and Oswald being assassinated would be bad for Churchill because you can't allow commoners to think it's okay to kill the top of the food chain, otherwise what's stopping someone from one day assassinating Churchill? It's the same reason the British wanted Napoleon exiled instead of executed. Churchill also didn't even have Oswald assassinated in real life, he only had Oswald detained after Oswald wouldn't stop screeching like a banshee about how Britain should surrender to Hitler.

Anyways, I'm glad that Oswald survived, because he was literally carrying season 5 on his back. Every other villain needs a bunch of henchmen with guns or needs to kidnap Tommy's child in order to intimidate Tommy, but not my boy Oswald. Oswald walks into a room with three Peaky Blinders and ends up neg diffing them all with his words alone. He leaves Michael stuttering like a fool when he rightfully points out how Michael lost the family millions of dollars by playing the fool. He hints to Arthur that he's being cucked by Linda and Arthur starts raging and breaking chairs. And as for Tommy, well Tommy was nervous and scared before Oswald even entered the room. Oswald is outnumbered 3-1, doesn't have the home court advantage, and has no weapons on him and he still manages to embarrasses all three members of the Peaky Blinders.

"And bingo! 20 seconds in and I already have them speaking their wog lingo"

Best character on the show by far.

Very interesting. Might have to rewatch season 5 to see what you really mean cause I never viewed Oswald in this light. I also wouldn't consider him to be a villain, at least not like how the previous villains were. He's not really at direct conflict with Tommy like Changretta, the Priest, and Inspector Campbell were.

Anyways, overall I'd give the show a 9/10. It was very good.
If you don't mind me asking, what stops you from putting it at a 10/10?

Are you a fan of historical fiction?
I like historical fiction but what I really love is just plain old history, I try to read about it everyday.

Solid favorite characters list. You're the first guy I've seen have Oswald as their #1 favorite.
:myman:

Tatianna is the craziest woman in the show. :myman:

She was just crazy and unpredictable. She tried playing Russian roulette at Tommy's house, she laughed knowing Grace's necklace was cursed and that would lead to something bad happening to her, she betrayed her aunt and uncle and stole all their treasure, she killed her accountant to leave no witnesses of her crimes, and she had the audacity to suggest that Tommy should pay her money for giving him such good sex that he should forget his dead wife's existence. What a batshit crazy character lmao, she made the show very entertaining because you never know what she was gonna do next. She was 100% insane and evil.

As for Jimmy, his first scene in season 5 was literally crucifying Abarama's son, he's a good villain and he's going to be Arthur's future opponent in Season 6 as this video indicates. You ready for Tommy and Arthur vs Oswald and Jimmy?

Very interesting. Might have to rewatch season 5 to see what you really mean cause I never viewed Oswald in this light. I also wouldn't consider him to be a villain, at least not like how the previous villains were. He's not really at direct conflict with Tommy like Changretta, the Priest, and Inspector Campbell were.
I'd argue that most of the villains in Peaky Blinder are not in direct conflict with Tommy until after Tommy does something to provoke and antagonize them. Major Campbell didn't really care about Tommy until after the guns were stolen.

Billy Kimber literally says he did not care about the Peaky Blinder's existence until Tommy purposely antagonized him by fixing the races.

Sabini doesn't care about the Peaky Blinders until the Peaky Blinders literally provoke Sabini's men in London.

Changretta does not care about the Peaky Blinders at all until after his brother, father, and family pride are all ruined by the Peaky Blinders.

So yeah, most of the villains don't start out in direct conflict with Tommy, most of them do not even care about Tommy's existence until after Tommy provokes them first. It's mostly always Tommy who starts the conflict and drama with the villains, never the other way around.

In Mosley's case, Mosley is quite fond of Tommy while Jimmy on the other hand wants to murder Arthur badly for the hand grenade that Arthur left him but Jimmy doesn't kill Arthur on Mosley's orders. So it's true that Mosely is not in direct conflict with Tommy during season 5, but will that still be the case after Tommy's failed assassination attempt? Mosley is 100% turning on Tommy and Jimmy is coming after Arthur in season 6, which goes back to my earlier point of Tommy being the one to antagonize and start drama with the villains most of the time.

Another reason why I consider Mosley a villain is because Mosley's goal is to turn Great Britain into a fascist country and to kill all the Jews in Great Britain. All of Mosley's speeches in season 5 make it clear that he is extremely anti-Semitic and that he blames the Jews for any problems that Britain is experiencing. Tommy, Churchill, and Arthur have all made it clear that they are anti fascist so they will all oppose Mosley in season 6 while Mosley attempts to turn Britain into a fascist state. And naturally, Alfie and his subordinates are going to be against Mosley due to Mosley's anti-Semitic beliefs So yeah, that's why I believe Mosley and Jimmy are villains and will be the main villains of season 6, I think the Michael/Gina stuff is going to be some minor drama and it will take a back seat to the Mosley/Jimmy plotline. Also fun fact, we're probably going to see Hitler in season 6 since Oswald and Hitler were quite close in real life, Hitler was even the guest of honor at Oswald's wedding.

If you don't mind me asking, what stops you from putting it at a 10/10?
Fair question.

For starters, I think the Wire and Breaking Bad were better shows than Peaky Blinders. I also think some of Dexter was better, I say some because Dexter is a weird show where some seasons are literally 10/10 and some season are 0/10 lol, it's kind of like One Piece in a way.

Also I thought the way Changretta was brought into the story was done poorly. Basically what happened was John was jealous that Angel was dating Lizzie, so John hurt Angel, while led to Angel's dad killing Grace. But the whole thing is a bit weird. First, why is John jealous of Angel dating Lizzy? I know John was inlove with Lizzy during season 1, but that was 5 years ago (there are time skips after every season ends). So John has been married for 5 years and is still extremely jealous that his ex is dating someone new? Doesn't sound too realistic lol....

And then it gets weirder when Arthur and Polly tell John that John crossed the line and order John to apologize to Angel's dad and then it's Tommy who backs up John and gives his full support. Tommy is giving John his support to start a fight with the Italians...for no reason. That seems extremely out of character for Tommy since he's always portrayed as being calm, rational, and intelligent. And there was nothing calm, rational, or intelligent about Tommy supporting John wanting to start a fight with the Italians over being jealous over Lizzie. It just felt like sloppy writing that was done just so Grace could be killed and Luca could be introduced into the show as the season 4 villain. The writing of that scene didn't match the top tier writing in the rest of the show.

And finally, I feel like the show focuses way too much on Tommy, and the show does not give enough attention to the rest of the cast. Is the show called Peaky Blinders or The Biography of Tommy Shelby? And I'm definitely not the only one who has this opinion because the actor for John Shelby asked to be killed in the show because he wanted to focus on acting in other shows since he felt Peaky Blinders mainly only focuses on Tommy. I would enjoy the show more if Tommy got less attention and other characters got more attention and screentime.

"With 'Peakly Blinders' I never really got out of the gates in that role. It's Cillian's show really," Cole told Mirror about his season four exit from the show."
https://www.business-standard.com/a...on-leaving-peaky-blinders-120041600830_1.html

So yeah, Peaky Blinders will remain a 9/10 for me.

Last edited:
D

Dragomir

I like historical fiction but what I really love is just plain old history, I try to read about it everyday.
Awesome, dude! Read the manga Kingdom. It's an adaption of ancient China, depicting how the Qin Dynasty unified all of China.

Tatianna is the craziest woman in the show. :myman:

She was just crazy and unpredictable. She tried playing Russian roulette at Tommy's house, she laughed knowing Grace's necklace was cursed and that would lead to something bad happening to her, she betrayed her aunt and uncle and stole all their treasure, she killed her accountant to leave no witnesses of her crimes, and she had the audacity to suggest that Tommy should pay her money for giving him such good sex that he should forget his dead wife's existence. What a batshit crazy character lmao, she made the show very entertaining because you never know what she was gonna do next. She was 100% insane and evil.

Ah, I remember her now. I always forgot her name but you're right she was insane. She's also a baddie too ๐Ÿ‘€

As for Jimmy, his first scene in season 5 was literally crucifying Abarama's son, he's a good villain and he's going to be Arthur's future opponent in Season 6 as this video indicates. You ready for Tommy and Arthur vs Oswald and Jimmy?

Hmm, he didn't do much in season 5, but I see now how he and Oswald are definitely getting set up to be major villains for season 6.

I'd argue that most of the villains in Peaky Blinder are not in direct conflict with Tommy until after Tommy does something to provoke and antagonize them. Major Campbell didn't really care about Tommy until after the guns were stolen.

Billy Kimber literally says he did not care about the Peaky Blinder's existence until Tommy purposely antagonized him by fixing the races.

Sabini doesn't care about the Peaky Blinders until the Peaky Blinders literally provoke Sabini's men in London.

Changretta does not care about the Peaky Blinders at all until after his brother, father, and family pride are all ruined by the Peaky Blinders.

So yeah, most of the villains don't start out in direct conflict with Tommy, most of them do not even care about Tommy's existence until after Tommy provokes them first. It's mostly always Tommy who starts the conflict and drama with the villains, never the other way around.

In Mosley's case, Mosley is quite fond of Tommy while Jimmy on the other hand wants to murder Arthur badly for the hand grenade that Arthur left him but Jimmy doesn't kill Arthur on Mosley's orders. So it's true that Mosely is not in direct conflict with Tommy during season 5, but will that still be the case after Tommy's failed assassination attempt? Mosley is 100% turning on Tommy and Jimmy is coming after Arthur in season 6, which goes back to my earlier point of Tommy being the one to antagonize and start drama with the villains most of the time.
You're right. I suppose in a way, season 5 is meant to set up season 6. Introducing us to Oswald and Jimmy, building up the conflict between them and the Shelbys allowing for a big clash in season 6.

Another reason why I consider Mosley a villain is because Mosley's goal is to turn Great Britain into a fascist country and to kill all the Jews in Great Britain. All of Mosley's speeches in season 5 make it clear that he is extremely anti-Semitic and that he blames the Jews for any problems that Britain is experiencing. Tommy, Churchill, and Arthur have all made it clear that they are anti fascist so they will all oppose Mosley in season 6 while Mosley attempts to turn Britain into a fascist state. And naturally, Alfie and his subordinates are going to be against Mosley due to Mosley's anti-Semitic beliefs So yeah, that's why I believe Mosley and Jimmy are villains and will be the main villains of season 6, I think the Michael/Gina stuff is going to be some minor drama and it will take a back seat to the Mosley/Jimmy plotline. Also fun fact, we're probably going to see Hitler in season 6 since Oswald and Hitler were quite close in real life, Hitler was even the guest of honor at Oswald's wedding.
I honestly had no idea who Oswald, the real-life person, even was before watching season 5. I'm surprised he wasn't someone taught to us in school when learning about World War 2. Did all that happen to him in real-life was just getting detained by Churchill?

For starters, I think the Wire and Breaking Bad were better shows than Peaky Blinders. I also think some of Dexter was better, I say some because Dexter is a weird show where some seasons are literally 10/10 and some season are 0/10 lol, it's kind of like One Piece in a way.

Also I thought the way Changretta was brought into the story was done poorly. Basically what happened was John was jealous that Angel was dating Lizzie, so John hurt Angel, while led to Angel's dad killing Grace. But the whole thing is a bit weird. First, why is John jealous of Angel dating Lizzy? I know John was inlove with Lizzy during season 1, but that was 5 years ago (there are time skips after every season ends). So John has been married for 5 years and is still extremely jealous that his ex is dating someone new? Doesn't sound too realistic lol....

And then it gets weirder when Arthur and Polly tell John that John crossed the line and order John to apologize to Angel's dad and then it's Tommy who backs up John and gives his full support. Tommy is giving John his support to start a fight with the Italians...for no reason. That seems extremely out of character for Tommy since he's always portrayed as being calm, rational, and intelligent. And there was nothing calm, rational, or intelligent about Tommy supporting John wanting to start a fight with the Italians over being jealous over Lizzie. It just felt like sloppy writing that was done just so Grace could be killed and Luca could be introduced into the show as the season 4 villain. The writing of that scene didn't match the top tier writing in the rest of the show.
I don't remember it quite happening like this. I thought it was that Lizzie wasn't allowed to date men from other organizations and as such, John went to beat up Angel to teach him a lesson about staying away from Lizzie. I don't remember it being about jealousy. As for with John apologizing, during the family meeting scene, what I recall is that Tommy didn't want John to apologize because it would make them look weak, thus giving the other organizations they have control over the incentive to rise up.

To be fair though, even if it was sloppy, wouldn't you say that the end resultโ€“season 4โ€“was good enough to forgive the sloppiness of the way Luca could be introduced as a villain? Because everybody loves Luca and season 4.

And finally, I feel like the show focuses way too much on Tommy, and the show does not give enough attention to the rest of the cast. Is the show called Peaky Blinders or The Biography of Tommy Shelby? And I'm definitely not the only one who has this opinion because the actor for John Shelby asked to be killed in the show because he wanted to focus on acting in other shows since he felt Peaky Blinders mainly only focuses on Tommy. I would enjoy the show more if Tommy got less attention and other characters got more attention and screentime.

https://www.business-standard.com/a...on-leaving-peaky-blinders-120041600830_1.html

So yeah, Peaky Blinders will remain a 9/10 for me.
Very fair take. I agree with you that the show is very Tommy-centric almost to the point where if he died in the story, I'm not sure if it would still be worth watching cause Tommy was pretty much carrying the whole thing. And yeah, I do know how Joe Cole had wanted to leave cause of the heavy focus Tommy got. But with that being said, I won't chalk this down as a negative thing, because even though yes, the show is more like The Biography of Tommy Shelby...I'm really enjoying The Biography of Tommy Shelby. It's a damn good biography lmao. I won't lie that there is a lot of bias here since Tommy is my favorite character by a big margin while for you I know it's not the same.