Controversial Personally, Whats Your "Too Little Too Late" Moment

What's something you've been waiting to happen for far too long. So lonh that there's no way Oda can personally fix it within his predicted finale time frame (5 years or so).

For me, its admirals effects on the narrative, specifically Akainu. Marineford ended in 2010. And in those 13 years the admirals, much like most top tiers i.e. shanks and mihawk, havent done shit.

I don't think Akainu or Kizaru have even LOOKED at a pirate in the almost 500 chapters since the skip. Aokiji has the most narrative moments but even his are scarce.

Unless oda pulls another 500 chapters out his ass, it feels like a lot of characters are there just to look cool and make hype reaction panels.

I think it is ending soon...
170 chapters or something....
Not remotely possible unless Oda completely ruins the journey lol.

We know several things:

- There are at least 2 islands post-Egghead before Lodestar. This is because Kid and Law's journey's are more direct than Luffy's.

- Elbaf and Laugh Tale are essentially mandatory by the plot. If Elbaf is a place we are going, then by default, Law's destination (be it Fullalead or something else) is also mandatory as the islands are converging. Lodestar seems to be the island you need to go before you can progress further with the RPs anyway.

- Only after Laugh Tale can we conclude the story with the WG, this is strongly implied by both Roger and Whitebeard. I.e. Laugh Tale isnt the end.

- The final war (likely at New Marineford and Mariejois because of the FI prophecy) will be anything but short.

- Egghead doesnt even seem to be ending soon lol, and theres no guarantee Elbaf or Law's island are next on the list.

Edit: and even on that note, we took 200+ chapters to deal with 2, less important Yonko. Its highly likely Oda spends more time on BB and Shanks, the 2 Yonko he obviously cares about more, let alone the Marines and WG, which are no less than 3 antagonists for Luffy at this point (Kizaru, Akainu and Im). This is essentially why the series cannot end that quickly.

I'd even be shocked if we are in LT within 150-200 chapters lol, considering Egghead probably will last another 30-50 chapters amd we have anywhere from 2-4 destinations left before Lodestar

Last edited:
Not remotely possible unless Oda completely ruins the journey lol.

We know several things:

- There are at least 2 islands post-Egghead before Lodestar. This is because Kid and Law's journey's are more direct than Luffy's.

- Elbaf and Laugh Tale are essentially mandatory by the plot. If Elbaf is a place we are going, then by default, Law's destination (be it Fullalead or something else) is also mandatory as the islands are converging. Lodestar seems to be the island you need to go before you can progress further with the RPs anyway.

- Only after Laugh Tale can we conclude the story with the WG, this is strongly implied by both Roger and Whitebeard. I.e. Laugh Tale isnt the end.

- The final war (likely at New Marineford and Mariejois because of the FI prophecy) will be anything but short.

- Egghead doesnt even seem to be ending soon lol, and theres no guarantee Elbaf or Law's island are next on the list.
You are 100% right. .. but
I feel like after Egghead we will jump from one place to another place.
Making it battle royal like Skypiea but world level..
Elbaf , Lodestar , Laugh tale and Mary Geoise could happen at same time..
That will depend on how Egghead goes..
I think 6 or 7 chapter will make it more clear , how long Oda want it to be.
We are still in Egghead because of Kuma's flashback...

I think whatever he ends up doing with Yamato will be that.

The end of Wano soured me so much I just don’t care.

And as I write this, remembered the big one- I don’t think there’s anything he can ever do with Kid now that will make me care about him. He’d basically need to be co-protagonist for a full arc and have the greatest ever flashback to redeem him, and I don’t see that as likely.

You are 100% right. .. but
I feel like after Egghead we will jump from one place to another place.
Making it battle royal like Skypiea but world level..
Elbaf , Lodestar , Laugh tale and Mary Geoise could happen at same time..
That will depend on how Egghead goes..
I think 6 or 7 chapter will make it more clear , how long Oda want it to be.
We are still in Egghead because of Kuma's flashback...
I disagree. We are still in egghead because there is an infiltrator and now everyone is exploring the lab to try and find them and Vegapunk. They are trapped within the shield.

I am long past the point where I believe Oda will do anything short anymore, save for maybe Lodestar. You have to assume at this point that if we are going to Fullalead or Elbaf, they'll both be 50-80 chapters at LEAST depending on what they resolve. Just like the Vivi/Sabo/Hancock teases, I strongly doubt the battle royale will suggest anything for Luffy's journey progress, especially since they dont even have the 4th RP. These teases always seem to be extremely superficial (i.e. Shanks making his move was just him stating hes going after One Piece), so I really doubt it has anything to do with arc structure or Luffy.

I disagree. We are still in egghead because there is an infiltrator and now everyone is exploring the lab to try and find them and Vegapunk. They are trapped within the shield.

I am long past the point where I believe Oda will do anything short anymore, save for maybe Lodestar. You have to assume at this point that if we are going to Fullalead or Elbaf, they'll both be 50-80 chapters at LEAST depending on what they resolve. Just like the Vivi/Sabo/Hancock teases, I strongly doubt the battle royale will suggest anything for Luffy's journey progress, especially since they dont even have the 4th RP. These teases always seem to be extremely superficial (i.e. Shanks making his move was just him stating hes going after One Piece), so I really doubt it has anything to do with arc structure or Luffy.
Wano was dragged and there were so many fillers chapter ..
I kinda agree with the sentiment.
Just don't think Oda health can take 10 years more..
That's why Egghead will decide if One piece is going to be too long or too short...
Oda's intention will get clear after 6 or 7 chapters..

Wano was dragged and there were so many fillers chapter ..
I kinda agree with the sentiment.
Just don't think Oda health can take 10 years more..
That's why Egghead will decide if One piece is going to be too long or too short...
Oda's intention will get clear after 6 or 7 chapters..
Ehh, I think so many people here conflate Oda's "heath" issues based on extremely old comments and interviews.

His "lack of sleep" and "excessive smoking" were all things we knew about when he was in his 20's and 30's writing the series. It wasnt until he got sick during DR that Jump gave him mandatory breaks for his health.

There really hasnt been a comment on his health since then, and its been nearly 10 years since that happened. The man can be 60 and still draw the series. Do i want or expect him to? No, but I wouldnt be shocked if he drew the series for another 10-12 years because he wanted to out of passion.

Id sooner expect more frequent breaks then him ending the series due to his "health", unlike Togashi or Kubo who were plagued with issues while they made manga. Thats not to say it cant happen, but im sure we all wish him the best.