General & Others PK =/= Strongest in 1v1

Does PK have to be the strongest pirate in a 1v1?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I believe it should be Roger=Xebec=/>WB.

Roger's greatest enemy and the one who could command so many notorious ones at the same time. Definitely it's that time when Roger was in his prime. Also we know that Roger was sick during the fight against WB in recent chapter and yet it ends in draw (though it ends in friendly way but both were looking same, unscathed).
what you believe is not what the manga states at all
wb = roger.
Post automatically merged:

The only character known to be PK level due to sheer power, is Sakazuki. While Roger was gifted 3 poneglyphs, Oda said that Akainu's power would allow him to accomplish the same. Probably by destroying every Yonko. But since he is not the protagonist, he falls under the authority of the Gorosei, who don't want him to wreak havoc. They might want to find raftel themselves and not have Akainu a) either figure out the whole story or b) have him accidentally destroy the island. As a protagonist however, Akainu would've nothing to lose. He would destroy the Yonkos and the WG alike, and turn the world into a Marine HQ.
too fucking stronk
akainu
:finally::finally:

people's attempt to make roger > wb or >garp is funny when you would find it never said any of that in the story
roger rivals :
xebec : defeated with garp
wb: tied
shiki: change in weather /avoided
big mom: avoided

thankfully his story will be quite different from luffy. someone else here mentioned wb title is just physical strength
:whitepress:
for this nonsense reason garp was downplayed as a smoker till the rocks reveal smh. blokes never learn.

About Roger and Xebec :

Roger was definitely in his prime at that moment without being sick. Also Sengoku clearly states he was Roger's greatest enemy.
Now if character got introduced in post skip than previous claims made by author can also get modified slightly.

For Roger and WB :

Buggy was the first one to claim he was equals to Roger and we know Buggy didn't even saw Roger vs Xebec. While also Roger and WB clashed for 3 days and it was off paneled so i don't give a damn about WB uses his df or not, while both sick Roger and WB were totally unscathed after 3 days so yeah sick Roger and WB were on equal level.

For now Roger = Xebec > WB

About Roger and Xebec :

Roger was definitely in his prime at that moment without being sick. Also Sengoku clearly states he was Roger's greatest enemy.
Now if character got introduced in post skip than previous claims made by author can also get modified slightly.

For Roger and WB :

Buggy was the first one to claim he was equals to Roger and we know Buggy didn't even saw Roger vs Xebec. While also Roger and WB clashed for 3 days and it was off paneled so i don't give a damn about WB uses his df or not, while both sick Roger and WB were totally unscathed after 3 days so yeah sick Roger and WB were on equal level.

For now Roger = Xebec > WB
roger and garp beat xebec
nice alternative facts
You dont know how the matchups were. you cant assume he was equal to xebec.
if xebec's surbodinate could grow to be equal to roger. if anything that implies xebec was a good notch above roger while wb grew to be his equal.

Last edited:
Sengoku - "Roger and Garp together bring down the Rocks Pirate". Not Xebec in particular but crew.

Sengoku - "Xebec was the greatest enemy of Roger". Now this is one vs one.
"was his most formidable rival "
wasnt one on one lad
what are you talking about
:kaidowhat:
Post automatically merged:

Garp and roger teamed up to defeat rocks pirates is quite different from xebec and roger being one on one
post panels of their 1v1 if you have it tho lmao
:goatasure:

Roger (with Garp's help) defeated Xebec / Whitebeard. While Garp saved the Celestial Dragon and the slaves, Roger destroyed his greatest enemy who was Xebec, who was captain of Whitebeard. Not counting the likes of Kaido and Big mom yet because they weren't Yonko level according to Sengoku. As well as Shiki wasn't in his prime.
Years later Roger fought against WB for 3 days, ended in a draw.

Roger has 1 win 1 draw.
WB has 0 win 1 draw.

Roger easily overpowered someone as powerful as Oden. Oden was no match for Roger.

Shiki was mad and he attacked marineford when he heard Roger is captured, he didn't believe the marines can capture someone as powerful as Roger. Then he said the marines are garbage in comparison with Roger.

Buggy used Roger to hype Whitebeard's strength, and he said Whitebeard was the only man who can fight equally with Roger.

They use Big mom argument to show that Roger didn't become the PK by using his strength, whoever says this is either ignorant or trolling because Big mom herself said this;

BigMam: That accursed girl……!! / If only she had obeyed me and got married back then…!! // Unfathomable power would have been mine…!!! // I would have crushed Kaidou, and Red Hair, and even Whitebeard!!! If it weren’t for her, by now.
I WOULD ALREADY BE… // …THE PIRATE KING!!!

--- CHAPTER 847

*Big mom specifically says she could become PK by defeating the other Yonko.
*Luffy said the same thing to Fujitora.
*Chinjao said the same thing to Luffy.
*Mihawk, at the beginning of the series, says that being PK > Surpassing himself.

The evidences are clear; PK is a strength related title, you can't be a PK without being WSM or WSC first.

E.Oda showed us first that Roger was equal with WSM, defeated someone as powerful as Xebec while Whitebeard was also helping Xebec, he also showed us that he could overpower someone as powerful as Oden easily, and Shiki specifically believes that no marine can rival Roger's strength, and Buggy uses Roger to hype Whitebeard's power.

You can't become the PK without being WSM or WSC first.
But that doesn't mean you can be a PK by simply being WSM or WSC. It's WSM / WSC + more by finding the last island.

Roger (with Garp's help) defeated Xebec / Whitebeard. While Garp saved the Celestial Dragon and the slaves, Roger destroyed his greatest enemy who was Xebec, who was captain of Whitebeard. Not counting the likes of Kaido and Big mom yet because they weren't Yonko level according to Sengoku. As well as Shiki wasn't in his prime.
Years later Roger fought against WB for 3 days, ended in a draw.

Roger has 1 win 1 draw.
WB has 0 win 1 draw.

Roger easily overpowered someone as powerful as Oden. Oden was no match for Roger.

Shiki was mad and he attacked marineford when he heard Roger is captured, he didn't believe the marines can capture someone as powerful as Roger. Then he said the marines are garbage in comparison with Roger.

Buggy used Roger to hype Whitebeard's strength, and he said Whitebeard was the only man who can fight equally with Roger.

They use Big mom argument to show that Roger didn't become the PK by using his strength, whoever says this is either ignorant or trolling because Big mom herself said this;

BigMam: That accursed girl……!! / If only she had obeyed me and got married back then…!! // Unfathomable power would have been mine…!!! // I would have crushed Kaidou, and Red Hair, and even Whitebeard!!! If it weren’t for her, by now.
I WOULD ALREADY BE… // …THE PIRATE KING!!!

--- CHAPTER 847

*Big mom specifically says she could become PK by defeating the other Yonko.
*Luffy said the same thing to Fujitora.
*Chinjao said the same thing to Luffy.
*Mihawk, at the beginning of the series, says that being PK > Surpassing himself.

The evidences are clear; PK is a strength related title, you can't be a PK without being WSM or WSC first.

E.Oda showed us first that Roger was equal with WSM, defeated someone as powerful as Xebec while Whitebeard was also helping Xebec, he also showed us that he could overpower someone as powerful as Oden easily, and Shiki specifically believes that no marine can rival Roger's strength, and Buggy uses Roger to hype Whitebeard's power.

You can't become the PK without being WSM or WSC first.
But that doesn't mean you can be a PK by simply being WSM or WSC. It's WSM / WSC + more by finding the last island.
Whitebeard got scars from Roger, but Roger never got a scar from WB

What's with all these mental gymnastics? Of course you have to be the strongest. Whitebeard and Roger just happened to tie and share the #1 spot. Whitebeard could have been PK too.

Well if we get specific, the PK doesn't have to be the strongest. Must important qualification well is the people to acknowledge you as such. But by the nature of what the title means and business Pirates are in PK needs to be at least equal to the strongest.

If we go back while Roger was top dog he really wasn't alone at the top. Multiple people could challenge him head on like Garp and especially WB.

To your first questions. I will said is both. With a little bit on favor of the captains strength.

Second question. I don't think we know the answer to this question. Just as Old sick WB sickness could have handicapped Roger. I don't think we can assess this as of yet at least of the harm on Rogers strength was significant or not as he approached his imminent death.

Third question. Everything in the story hints towards this, so I am not sure as to what comes the question? Roger is the goal of every Pirate out there except WB and a few others. That includes the likes of Big Mom, Kaido, BB 3 of the 4 strongest Pirates. The Pirate everyone feared in the present of the story WB and recognize as the pinnacle of strength on this era and Rogers era, was the only Pirate to ever match Roger, tells you that he was above every other pirate but WB. The idea implanted by the story that none of the Yonko where able to proceed towards raftel "Laugh Tale" because WB stood on their way and they themselves currently stand in their ways of doing so. And we see this through Doflamingo's speech, Big Mom's speech, Luffy's constant statement that he will beat the Yonko (Current four strongest Pirates) as a neccesity to advance towards his goals of becoming PK. Another tool the story uses to even further refute the pedestal that we put the title of PK and therefore Roger and EOS Luffy is the Yonko themselves. By showing us the caliber of the current Yonko and how strong they are compared to others and how serious they take the title of PK and how much they want it, show us that anyone that wants to obtain the title of PK will have to face them at some point. So strength has become and enforced need to become the Pirate King. When talking about becoming PK nobody mentions the difficulties of navegation, management, exploration, puzzle solving etc. It all goes to good ol' fighting and how many scary strong people mainly the Yonko you will have to face. Any other challenge as reading poneglyphs, difficult navegation of grand line is touched rarely and or briefly...

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Luffy has 2 rps the means to translate and navigate to raftel without beating a single yonko.
Theres nothing stopping brook with enough luck stealing the rp from onigashima just like he did with wci.
Then luffy would be 1 rp away from being pirate king without beating anyone of note.
Pirate king is a journey that anyone regardless of strength with enough luck can make