Character Discussion POLL: Is King a True Swordsman

Is King a Legit Swordsman

• Total voters
Some of yall don't get it. Zoro didn't question King not being a Swordsman just because King "threw a punch." He made the comment because King doesn't care about traditional forms and techniques when it comes to wielding a Sword and fighting.

Zoro actually cares about traditional forms and techniques, but is willing to let that go if it means winning the fight.

The fact that King doesn't give a shit about form and technique when fighting, is what makes him not a Swordsman. He wields a Sword to help him in a fight, but doesn't wield a Sword for his primary means of fighting.

A long time ago someone said Oda is looking for a way to put Shanks abive Mihawk
Looks like this guy was true
Why would he be looking for such a way when so far all he did was portraying Mihawk consistently stronger than the man over and over?:choppawhat:

Even on Marineford despite Mihawk didn't fare so well, we could still at least ascribe it to Oda patronizing Luffy.

Why would he be looking for such a way when so far all he did was portraying Mihawk consistently stronger than the man over and over?:choppawhat:

Even on Marineford despite Mihawk didn't fare so well, we could still at least ascribe it to Oda patronizing Luffy.
Shanks portrayal is better than Mihawk's one.
If you except WSS title or don't count Shanks as a Swordsman like Oda could do. Mihawk have nothing over Shanks

For now and only thanks to WSS he is stronger than Shanks

Shanks portrayal is better than Mihawk's one.
If you except WSS title or don't count Shanks as a Swordsman like Oda could do. Mihawk have nothing over Shanks

For now and only thanks to WSS he is stronger than Shanks
He is looking for a swordmaster to surpass his rival Shanks. As I highlighted in another post that would likely not constitute the case if he wasn't particularly confident and he would unlikely prove chicken enough to only refer to swordsmanship skill and not the whole level of the opponent.

Also Zoro himself likely stands on or close yonko level at this stage but there's no trace of the Mihawk clash yet, it will presumably take a few aeons.

There's also the undeciphered black blade hype to account for. Roger himself was likely aware yet failing.

He is looking for a swordmaster to surpass his rival Shanks. As I highlighted in another post that would likely not constitute the case if he wasn't particularly confident and he would unlikely prove chicken enough to only refer to swordsmanship skill and not the whole level of the opponent.
As I said that works if you consider Shanks as a swordsman.

Also Zoro himself likely stands on or close yonko level at this stage but there's no trace of the Mihawk clash yet, it will presumably take a few aeons.
Is it why he is fighting a YC1 ?

There's also the undeciphered black blade hype to account for. Roger himself was likely aware yet failing.
Headcannon

And again Oda destroys Mihawk and Zoro stans headcannon.

I always said that u having a swordsman doesn' t means you are swordsman.

Sanji have already fight with a sword in Water 7, this means him is a swordsman?.

Luffy was fighting with swords this means him as swordsman?.

WB have a sword in the supreme grade he is swordsman?.

Having a swords don't mean shit, swordsman are only guys who always fighting with swords, trained with swords even if him have a DF they always uses with a sword or katana(Fuji and Law are example of swordsman with DF).

You can be a swordsman and fight liker roger and king :suresure:

after all roger named his son after his beloved sword

oh look zoro was throwing punches and kicks in a sword fight :gokulaugh:
Luffy used a sword once or twice, still a brawler

Some character simply have a hybrid fighting style that just doesn't fit one category, it's embarrassing have to explain this after 24 years of One Piece

I like how the rules change depending the character.

There should be a rule that is equally applied to every swordman...but you can't cuz for Oda swordmans are more than just swords.

Some opinions in this thread actually sell the idea that Zoro is not a swordman neither.

Did u even saw the pics? Did u even read my post buddy?
You're missing the point, the point is that using also a sword and being a swordsman are two different things, that chapter simply pointed out the elephant in the room

So, what's the implication? Nothing new, Mihawk is still one of the best character and fighter of the Opera, the same for Zoro, but now we can talk about if they're still the best two fighters above everyone who use swords, as a swordsman or as a hybrid style fighter.

Don't know if before I made it clear, hope that know I explained it better

You're missing the point, the point is that using also a sword and being a swordsman are two different things, that chapter simply pointed out the elephant in the room
fuji and law are confirmed swordsmen by oda so yeah they below mihawk
let s not talk about shanks because mihawk is waiting for someone stronger than him