Character Discussion [Poll] Who is Rayleigh's "Parallel"?

Who is the Silvers Rayleigh of the New Generation?

• Killer

• Sanji

• Zoro

• Sanji and Zoro

• Some other combination of the above characters

• Someone else entirely

• No one

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oda:
- Puts Zoro alongside every other right hand man, including Rayleigh in a theme that is exactly about that: Right hand men
- Vivre Card says Zoro acts as the vice captain
- Joined the crew of the future PK first, just as Rayleigh
- With both right hand men being Haoshoku users

Sanjifans: "But Sanji and Rayleigh both have body hair, and Sanji was seen in the same panel as Zoro when Luffy gave shoutouts to Ray.

:seriously:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I've added "no one" to the poll.

I think the "King of Hell" may attain the status of the "Dark King".
Zoro is cringe + up until now he is seen as nothing more than Luffy's bitch.

There is no incredible hype for Zoro after Wano, Law and Kidd are praised more as the members of alliance.

Zoro will never reach Rayleigh's clout. I doubt he even surpasses Mihawk in clout even when he becomes the WSS.

Oda:
- Puts Zoro alongside every other right hand man, including Rayleigh in a theme that is exactly about that: Right hand men
- Vivre Card says Zoro acts as the vice captain
- Joined the crew of the future PK first, just as Rayleigh
- With both right hand men being Haoshoku users

Sanjifans: "But Sanji and Rayleigh both have body hair, and Sanji was seen in the same panel as Zoro when Luffy gave shoutouts to Ray.

:seriously:
"they both womanizers"

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
There really isn’t a parallel because Rayleigh is his own dude. The closest is Zoro; but it’s a forced parallel regardless. The only legit parallel is the Luffy roger one because of how much it’s brought up in the manga.
You really gotta be kidding me to say "Mei-Ou" (Rayleigh's epithet, meaning "King of Underworld") & "En-Ou" (Zoro's epithet, meaning "King of Hell") is a forced parallel.

I would say no one strictly speaking of character.
However he is special and different from the other first mate or RHM. He is clearly above them all strength wise (even in his old age) and this is where Zoro is similar to him. He is not just a follower, he is cut to be someone who will be feared and respected even if he was on his own in his old age.

But then again neither Zoro nor Sanji are supposed to be a parallel of Rayleigh.

Last edited: