Fanclub Portgas D. Ace FC

Do you think Ace spoke to Whitebeard Pirates members about his trip to Wano ?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tangerine

Ahhhhh!!! I love Alabasta Ace outfit, I’ve never seen this fan art either, I’m saving it :catlewd:

I accidentally spoiled his death when I tried to look for an Ace wallpaper before I caught up with MF, but when Ace got freed, I was hoping that he would somehow survive :catcry:

Seeing him team up with Luffy and even going against Aokiji was great, then things just went downhill afterwards
It was so cool but it also makes me miss him even more, can you imagine Ace in this arc? All the possibilities... yet here we are :pepehands:
Lol omg, the story of how I got spoiled of his death was back in 2011 or 2012 when I didn't care about OP at all, although it was a constant presence because my cousins watched it. I don't remember exactly how I knew that "death scene" was of Luffy's brother. I suppose it was because OP is really hard to ignore so I knew the characters. Fast forward to 2017 (yes I'm a fairly new fan!!!) when I binged on OP and Ace became my instant fave. So I convinced myself that the death scene I remember from somewhere was a false memory :tchpepe: This is legit true because Ace's design at first was quite different from the Marineford Ace. So I was really having second thoughts if that death scene was of Ace

And it made me hope because in Marineford when he was freed, it looked like he would survive!! Jokes on me :pepeanger:

I will be forever salty lol. I just facepalm everytime I see Ace on my twitter feed or somewhere. What a truly waste of potential:tchpepe: He'd be reallyyyy strong by now!!! My baby :catcry::catcry::catcry:

:shocking::shocking::catlewd::catlewd::catlewd:

@Finalbeta @JioFreed @Light D Lamperouge @Tangerine @Kiwipom

Ace always looks handsome :catblush: Even in OP games :cool:

@Tangerine @Kiwipom @JioFreed
I understand your feelings my sisters :catsweat:
My OP story: Well, I started watching One Piece in 2008 and in 2009 I caught up with the anime ... it's the same year I started reading the manga because in the forums there was too much spoiler, and I didn't understand anything :ROFLMAO:
When I finished the Shaboady Arc in anime (I had already catch up with anime), I started reading the manga from Shaboady Arc and later so I understood the whole thing about "Impel Down" until I caught up before starting the Marineford Arc...I still remember that revelation of "Ace is Roger son" and everyone at first specifically impacteḍ :eek:....
At that time the forums were filled with comments and each chapter of MF was full of hype. I waited every week for Ace to be saved :cry: and when we saw the spoilers of " Ace vs. Akainu" chapters we couldn't believe it and many thought he was going to be saved :cry:. Ace's death chapter arrived and many of us didn't want to believe the spoilers :cry: ... It was very sad. It was amazing for everyone to see OP's first real-time death :catcry:...
And almost 10 years have passed since that (I still can't believe I have been following OP for a long time and sometimes I'm ashamed to be an old fan who is still with OP :oops:).

I didn't think that OP would like me so much :ROFLMAO::LOL:
About Ace, I liked him from the beginning but not enough to be a fan.. I saw him as the typical cool older brother who made his younger brother look bad :cautious:. But later I learned about his minihistory and his fight against Blackbeard (ahead of time because I was spoiled :ROFLMAO:) and from there I began to be a fan :love:. And many people began to hate him when he was already in Impel Down and even in MF before he died :rolleyes::cautious:, with the same arguments they use now (he's silly, weak, weeping, selfish, etc.. ), and before that bothered me but now I know that they are people who have not understood certain things about manga :sneaky:
When he died, I thought about abandoning OP manga, but I kept reading it because it was for Luffy, his adventures and the entertaining story that I started reading One Piece in the first place. Then I'm still here :LOL:

Do you guys think there will be more Ace scenes in Wano?
I think so.
That is, it's Oda's custom to show small flashbacks before showing a longer flashback.
I understand that Ace is far from being a main character in this arc, but for me it's logical that Oda shows that other things Ace did apart from spending time in Villa Amigasa making hats and being friend with Tama. The question is whether Ace tried or not to do something to help Wano people (knowing how his personality is :LOL:, because normally he isn't one of those who would be still watching the disaster in that country.... ). And although it sounds silly, I think Oda is going to show something more of Ace for the simple reason that he will show something of his father Roger before. I guess Oda will talk about Will of D. and things like that, which could be explained with Roger and Ace flashbacks, so that he can link all that with Luffy's present story.

===============

Do you guys think there will be more Ace scenes in Wano?
Like Sunita said, i won't discard a larger flashback to see what else Ace and his crew did at Wano, i especially want to know if he tried to do something, not that he would change anything but only the intention would enough to me.

I also believe the Luffy-Ace brotherhood will come out at some point in the arc and it will make my heart soft :catcry:

Like Sunita said, i won't discard a larger flashback to see what else Ace and his crew did at Wano, i especially want to know if he tried to do something, not that he would change anything but only the intention would enough to me.
This (y)
I have thought that one factor that could have stopped him from doing something is for someone to tell him about the "20-years" issue. At that time it would only have been 16 years and it would have been 4 years before the Nine Red Scabbards sent by Toki returned.

I also believe the Luffy-Ace brotherhood will come out at some point in the arc and it will make my heart soft :catcry:
Me too :catcry:

==============================

Last edited:

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
Sometimes it really pisses me off when people say Ace was foolish for running back and fighting Akainu

I think that is just the character he is, he values the reputation of people he respects/his saviour more than he values himself. In fact, Ace's wish was to find a purpose and a reason that his life is worth living since he hated himself because of his bloodline. It is people like WB and the WB crew that gave him this purpose and defined who he is. They showed him that they are willing to brave Marineford against all three admirals, on a risky mission where sacrifices are inevitable, just to retrieve him.

As a result, Ace was furious when Akainu insulted WB because WB is more than just his captain. It is a person that gave his life a meaning. Especially when WB was about to die, Ace would regret it in the future if he didn't do anything about Akainu shittalking WB in Whitebeard's last few moments.

And I think people need to realize that Ace knew he wasn't going to go in, bitch slap Akainu and leave. He wasn't planning to kill Akainu but to get him to shut up. What he didn't realize was Akainu would sneak up on Luffy instead

He also isn't the only character that fought people for badmouthing their friends. Shanks did the same thing in chapter one - even though it was against Higuma who was a fodder - , but Luffy also defended his crewmates so many times when people badmouthed them including against Celestial Dragons, Cracker, Arlong....etc

The fact that Ace turned back to fight Akainu made me appreciate his character more.