Fanclub Portgas D. Ace FC

Do you think Ace spoke to Whitebeard Pirates members about his trip to Wano ?

• Total voters

Bogard

You can't win
Let's be honest, if given the time, Ace would have been the strongest character in the verse
Facts

- Sengoku pretty much said if he were to live beyond marineford, he'd have ruled the world of piracy
- Roger(his father) and Whitebeard wanted him to become pirate king and beyond to accomplish things Roger couldn't
- Shanks thought Ace could defeat Prime Teach with enough time
- Ace wanted to overshadow his father(pirate king)

I think the reason Oda had to kill him was because he had the potential to become pirate king and wanted Luffy to become pirate king without undermining Ace's potential.

I even think he may have already been pirate king during the 2years Luffy trained for the timeskip

Facts

- Sengoku pretty much said if he were to live beyond marineford, he'd have ruled the world of piracy
- Roger and Whitebeard wanted him to become pirate king

I think the reason Oda had to kill him was because he had the potential to become pirate king and wanted Luffy to become pirate king without undermining Ace's potential.

I even think he may have already been pirate king during the 2years Luffy trained for the timeskip
Totally agree with that. The only weakness he had he's that he didn't want the pirate king throne, probably because it belonged to his father.
He gave blackbeard a hell of a fight with a lot less experience and without knowledge of his df. He could match aokiji despite being weakened.
Strength wise, nobody would have matched him eos if he was still alive.

Facts

- Roger(his father) and Whitebeard wanted him to become pirate king and beyond to accomplish things Roger couldn't

Totally agree with that. The only weakness he had he's that he didn't want the pirate king throne, probably because it belonged to his father.
He gave blackbeard a hell of a fight with a lot less experience and without knowledge of his df. He could match aokiji despite being weakened.
Strength wise, nobody would have matched him eos if he was still alive.
And let's not forget that Ace was a YC2 of the Whitebeard Pirates when he was just 20 years old and clashed equally with Aokiji in Marineford. His bounty seem very low but Ace still one of the strongest character in OP.:ace:

Welcome here @Luffy is the mc ☺️✨

And let's not forget that Ace was a YC2 of the Whitebeard Pirates when he was just 20 years old and clashed equally with Aokiji in Marineford. His bounty seem very low but Ace still one of the strongest character in OP.:ace:
@Zoro D Goat @Luffy is the mc @Bogard
What the 3 of you were talking about, although I love Ace I don't think he would have been the most powerful during the post-time skip, although if now perhaps he would be in the top 20 of the most powerful in OP universe, obviously with a progressive increase in power.

A lot of people underestimate him because he supposedly didn't show enough and I think it's a mistake. To me Marineford Arc is still somewhat ambiguous in terms of characters power. There're characters that did show off their haki and DF and others less. There are people who complain that secondaries like Marco and Vista showed haki and that Ace should have ... But the fact is that I think Oda didn't want Ace to use haki there not only because Ace wasn't 100% in his capacity (physical, mental and emotional), but for reasons of the pre timeskip plot. So it cannot be said that in MF Ace he didn't use haki. Maybe Oda believed that, if perhaps Ace had displayed a "visible haki" against Akainu, that would have been confusing for fans... Perhaps Oda also wanted to emphasize Luffy's Emperor Haki and couldn't be showing Ace using haki because if not many would say "why did he die if he had Haki"...

I still think that Oda didn't show a visible haki in Ace in MF so as not to complicate the pre-time-skip plot...
But it's still confusing. Perhaps Oda will clarify that point later...

About power potential, Ace was probably the character with the most potential for progress after Luffy. Although he lacked maturity and more experience in battles, I think he would have been a good rival. I think it's true that Shirohige wanted to make Ace the next Pirate King and that it wasn't just Sengoku's lie. I understand that Oda killed Ace as a sacrifice for the new era, but I'll never agree to that.

I hope that in a some Wano flashback Oda show us some Ace battle in the past, I don't know, maybe against some Tobiroppo.

Ace's character arcs is one of my favourite things in One Piece.. peak Oda characterisation. It's a shame that he's the most misunderstood character in the fanbase.
:crybeard:
Indeed, you're right.

That happens because many fans are only concerned with power levels, as if we were reading Dragon Ball.

It's true that One Piece is a 'Shounen' and obviously being a pirate's manga we're going to see a lot of battles, and it isn'tt bad that many expect that, ok ... But Oda's strength is in telling history, in depth the context of the characters, in the humanity of the people, in the flashbacks, in showing problems that occur in real life ...
And there're a ton of awesome characters in OP, but several of them aren't valued because they mistakenly have no fan expectations for power levels ...
It will sound ugly what I'll say, but there're times when I feel that it is part of the fandom has not understood the true meaning of the manga when they are concerned only with battles and power scales.

I'm not saying that people love Ace, but that most of the time the criticism of his character is excessive