Powers & Abilities Power Creep and Story Inconsistencies

I remember all the "Franky can't defeat Mr 1, the power Creep in One Piece isn't that big" arguements I have seen all over the years. Where people outright accuse you of "insulting" Oda if you said that Franky could win because "this isn't Dragon Ball"

This Arc alone had several Strawhats become at least 5 times stronger than they were in Dressrossa. And yet people argue that Powercreep doesn't exist

I remember all the "Franky can't defeat Mr 1, the power Creep in One Piece isn't that big" arguements I have seen all over the years. Where people outright accuse you of "insulting" Oda if you said that Franky could win because "this isn't Dragon Ball"

This Arc alone had several Strawhats become at least 5 times stronger than they were in Dressrossa. And yet people argue that Powercreep doesn't exist
That's not the meaning of power creep
Post automatically merged:

Sanji defeats Queen or King, he's at least 5 times stronger than his Dressrossa self who got humiliated by a causal Vergo
Luffy got humiliated by Monet and defeated Doflamingo I'm the same day

LMAO
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy those other shows... but the amount of plotholes in Jojo specifically is gigantic that comparing it to One piece in terms of writing is just a JOKE to me honestly

SnK and HxH too have their bad shit in writing too

But let me tell you why I put One Piece > than all of those 3 you mentioned.... without actually ruining the mood for other series you mentioned because I still enjoy them...

the reason you actually MENTIONED YOURSELF..... We both enjoy One Piece more.... it's just that simple

Let me tell you... I'm the type of fan who would rather watch a show that has few plotholes but VERY ENTERTAINING than watch a show that has ZERO plotholes, but doesn't get entertainment out of me...

This is why people who diss bleach around here can KISS MY HAIRY ASS... and go suck it with other shows.... the amount of entertainment I got from Bleach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HxH/JoJo/SnK/Naruto (combined)

I'm a simple viewer.... I think people lost the purpose of watching a show or anime or a series... which is entertainment.... this is something that keeps happening here in Wano war arc....

I'll explain to you what I mean....

Logically, in terms of writing... Beating two Yonko this arc SHOULD NOT happen... Luffy going toe to toe with Kaido SHOULD NOT HAPPEN.... Zoro should barely beat a YC... Sanji should BARELY beat a YC (that's if they did not team up even)... that's what is logical and good for writing.... IS IT ENTERTAINING? FUCK NOOOOOOO

What's entertaining is seeing Luffy beat the shit out of Kaido... what's entertaining is seeing Luffy go super powerful on his ass by end of arc, and what's entertaining is seeing Zoro and Sanji progress so much in this arc where Zoro may help against Kaido or beat a YC1, and Sanji beat a YC2 or even King if Zoro focuses on Kaido

that shit is 100% more entertaining and the purpose of reading the series, THANKFULLY Oda did not lose sight of it... and did not follow what some fans who just want logical shit happening... thankfully Oda knows entertainment is >>>> logical writing... and he's gonna doing that
I often shake my head about the fact people seem to forget that entertainment should be entertaining.

I actually remember back when the "Accepted" Discourse regarding Luffy's Powerlevel when he arrived on Fishman Island was that he was still weaker than most New World Captains and that Even Squardo would still kick his ass

That Headcanon was so destroyed over the years that it's not even funny. Fishman Island Luffy was bellow only Yonko Commanders and Some YC4
I remember that... it seemed like every arc people bumped up Luffy max possible strength up a tiny bit.

Of course it would be stupid, but him suddenly learning it in a matter of hours/days, while Rayleigh should have potentially (!) learned him that over those two years, is equally as stupid and simply not very logical.

Oda wrote himself in a corner there.
Not really... Rayleigh only stayed for 1 1/2 years to teach Luffy the basics and then left not bothering to teach him the advanced stuff. Against Katakuri and during Udon was seemingly Luffy's first chance to actually learn it. Also, you seem to need a real struggle to learn those skills quickly as Luffy did... it's possible that it would have taken Luffy a lot longer to learn in a 'safe' environment.

I didn’t say either of these things lmao.

Luffy damaging Kaido with Gear 3 after two weeks of training despite pounding him non-stop with Kong Organ...looks a lot like power creep to me.

Law, Zoro, and Killer competing with Yonko... looks a lot like power creep to me.
Luffy's problem wasn't Physical power even with out AD Coa with G3 he had enough power to push back kaido and send him flying.
but because of kaidos Defence he couldn't' damage him with AD CoA he can bypass Kaido's Defence even with out AD CoA luffy was Stronger than any of 9RS but because he didn't Have AD CoA he Wasn't Able to Damage Kaido but With AD CoA even Weakest Among RS Could Damage Kaido

that being said One Piece is a Shōnen Manga and MC's Grow Rate in most of Shōnen manga are very very fast

You guys overrated,overhyped and overwanked Yonko and now you're gonna complain about powercreep?
Yes. Considering that over 90% of the fan base thinks Yonko are at the top, you must think Oda is a really shitty writer. Generally, when your story makes the vast majority of readers think the wrong thing, it’s poorly written.

youre overreacting, strawhats got the same kind of asspull power ups in water7 enies lobby
It sucked then, and it sucks now.
It’s also quite a bit worse here. There was an in universe explanation that the SHs were shaken up by Robin leaving at first. We have no equivalent explanation here.

Luffy's problem wasn't Physical power even with out AD Coa with G3 he had enough power to push back kaido and send him flying.
but because of kaidos Defence he couldn't' damage him with AD CoA he can bypass Kaido's Defence even with out AD CoA luffy was Stronger than any of 9RS but because he didn't Have AD CoA he Wasn't Able to Damage Kaido but With AD CoA even Weakest Among RS Could Damage Kaido

that being said One Piece is a Shōnen Manga and MC's Grow Rate in most of Shōnen manga are very very fast
I’ve already brought this up before. Red hawk does internal organ damage with no advanced haki. What evidence is there that red roc even uses it?

After chapter 1000, I’m entirely convinced that One Piece is going down the same route as Dragon Ball and Naruto where the power creep for the main characters gets way too out of hand.

Am I overreacting or are my concerns legitimate?
Naruto had Sage of The Six Paths, so it was always an option that Naruto Power Level could reach there.
But One Piece, we always & still have Roger & those of his Level as the Greatest so even if EOS we see beyond that, it won't be huge difference

Imo Im-Sama will be portrayed as more dangerous than Yonko & Roger but i think not for his Combat Ability but more like some hax power similar to how Enel was untouched in Skypiea Arc

Yes. Considering that over 90% of the fan base thinks Yonko are at the top, you must think Oda is a really shitty writer. Generally, when your story makes the vast majority of readers think the wrong thing, it’s poorly written.

It sucked then, and it sucks now.
It’s also quite a bit worse here. There was an in universe explanation that the SHs were shaken up by Robin leaving at first. We have no equivalent explanation here.

I’ve already brought this up before. Red hawk does internal organ damage with no advanced haki. What evidence is there that red roc even uses it?
What is that based on? In this forum it is pretty balanced, at APForums, people understand the balance of powers and its implications pretty much completely.
If your basis is youtube and reddit where the worst of the internet gather, it is detrimental to your point.

Powerup by training is the explanation.

Based on?

Yonko are at the top. They just aren't alone up there.

90% of the fanbase on reddit and youtube is dumb and casual. They're the same who wank Shanks and were betting that he'd have the highest bounty and be the strongest Yonko.

Oda has always put Yonko and Admirals on the same level. Through the balance of powers as well as feats and statements from characters like Luffy and Chinjao

What is that based on? In this forum it is pretty balanced, at APForums, people understand the balance of powers and its implications pretty much completely.
If your basis is youtube and reddit where the worst of the internet gather, it is detrimental to your point.

Powerup by training is the explanation.

Based on?
I’m basing it mostly on a series of polls that were linked to on worstgen, Reddit, and a few other forums a while back (I don’t think YouTube was included?). Here’s an example
https://poll.pollcode.com/56822322_result?v

It’s also worth pointing that up until Whole Cake Island and Wano, literally everyone and their grandma thought top commanders were relative in strength to admirals. It was only after seeing Luffy get one shot that lots of people started changing their stance, because it seemed to imply that an admiral could get absolutely demolished by Kaido. The issue is that all of the evidence and all of the arguments that had previously suggested that top commanders ~ admirals still exists.

Yonko are at the top. They just aren't alone up there.

90% of the fanbase on reddit and youtube is dumb and casual. They're the same who wank Shanks and were betting that he'd have the highest bounty and be the strongest Yonko.

Oda has always put Yonko and Admirals on the same level. Through the balance of powers as well as feats and statements from characters like Luffy and Chinjao
See above.

We can have the Yonko vs admiral thread later. I think this could still be called power creep if BM and Kaido were replaced with Aokiji and Kizaru.
There is no power creep.

Kaido's durability and needing Ryou to injure him is pure PIS bullshit to begin with. An excuse for Luffy to lose the first fight without de-hyping Kaido.

His real durability shines through when you can use ryou and it ain't shit
Kinemon who has always been fodder to Luffy/Zoro can injure him.

Luffy hasn't gotten 10x stronger. He just got the one thing that allows him to attack and damagr Kaido normally.