Questions & Mysteries Proof that the 5 supernovas survived only because Big Mom and Kaidou had mercy

So you're saying that Dorry and Brogy too have to Adv CoC users just because of the kanji?
Yeah. Dorry and Broggy are the legendary leaders of the greatest pirate crew the strongest country in the world has ever seen. Of course they can have CoC. Their fight is 100 year fight meant to be one of the most impressive displays of fortitude and willpower and what it means to be a man and all that jazz in the entire series. Even Luffy was awed by it, and Luffy doesn’t tend to be awed easily. Dorry and Broggy are prime CoC candidates.

I know we can look back and say “their bounty is shit, they weren’t all that impressive on Little Garden compared to what we have now”, but that’s just a case of it being early One Piece and things changing as the series has got longer and longer. Like Shanks getting his arm bitten off and Crocodile not using any Haki at all. Doesn’t make any sense with what we know now, but it was a big deal back then.
What if the kanji is just there to represent the attack by 2 of the conquerors of the sea (yonko) and doesn't need to be CoC? I mean, it's even missing the black lightning effect that every other person capable of using CoC imbued attacks voluntarily has had in their attacks.
It’s two chapters in a row where the entire focus is on the reveal that CoC can be used in battle. The first attack, a combined Yonko attack, very arguably the strongest attack we have ever seen in the series, has the word conqueror in it. The very next chapter, titled Conqueror, not only does Zoro unlock CoC, but we see Luffy and Kaido start using it in battle.

All that points to CoC being used in Hakai. Zoro’s Asura showed that CoC attacks don’t always need to have the thick lightning overflow
It doesn't matter if Oden jumped right back up afterwards. He still tried to block it, and utterly failed at doing so for even a split second.

Luffy, with no named base punches is making Kaido spit up blood and doing more damage than of of his G4 AdCoA attacks were doing.

But it makes complete sense to you that Zoro stopped an Island sized double CoC attack by two of the most powerful characters in the series for 2-3 seconds?
Yeah, makes perfect sense to me. I’m not much convinced by an argument that seems to just revolve around a refusal to accept the really impressive thing that Zoro did was really, really impressive. I don’t think that Roger clashing with Oden half a year ago was even in Oda’s though process when he drew Zoro vs Hakai, it’s completely irrelevant.
And yes, the attack name has "Supremacy" in it, which Stephen translated to "Conquest of the Sea". Kaido and Big Mom are Emperors of the Sea who reign Supreme, hence the attack name.
Supremecy, Conquest, Conquerors... all points towards CoC. Oda could have used 皇, the Kanji used in Yonko, if he wanted to emphasis that it was an attack of two Emperors. Instead he used 覇, the CoC kanji.

It’s two chapters in a row where the entire focus is on the reveal that CoC can be used in battle. The first attack, a combined Yonko attack, very arguably the strongest attack we have ever seen in the series, has the word conqueror in it. The very next chapter, titled Conqueror, not only does Zoro unlock CoC, but we see Luffy and Kaido start using it in battle.

All that points to CoC being used in Hakai. Zoro’s Asura showed that CoC attacks don’t always need to have the thick lightning overflow
1010 was the chapter where CoC actually came into play a lot like you said, yes. But 1009 had no focus on CoC at all iirc.

There is literally no point in the CoC imbued attacks even having the black lightning effect if Oda decided to show such attacks without it. He can easily explain why Zoro's attack didn't have the effect. That's probably because his CoC hasn't bloomed yet. He doesn't even know he has CoC let alone knowing how to intentionally imbue it in his attacks. But with Kaido and Big Mom, he has no such excuses.
As I said, there is literally no point in CoC imbued attacks having the black lightning effect if Oda doesn't use it.

Yeah. Dorry and Broggy are the legendary leaders of the greatest pirate crew the strongest country in the world has ever seen. Of course they can have CoC. Their fight is 100 year fight meant to be one of the most impressive displays of fortitude and willpower and what it means to be a man and all that jazz in the entire series. Even Luffy was awed by it, and Luffy doesn’t tend to be awed easily. Dorry and Broggy are prime CoC candidates.

I know we can look back and say “their bounty is shit, they weren’t all that impressive on Little Garden compared to what we have now”, but that’s just a case of it being early One Piece and things changing as the series has got longer and longer. Like Shanks getting his arm bitten off and Crocodile not using any Haki at all. Doesn’t make any sense with what we know now, but it was a big deal back then.

Yeah, makes perfect sense to me. I’m not much convinced by an argument that seems to just revolve around a refusal to accept the really impressive thing that Zoro did was really, really impressive. I don’t think that Roger clashing with Oden half a year ago was even in Oda’s though process when he drew Zoro vs Hakai, it’s completely irrelevant.

Supremecy, Conquest, Conquerors... all points towards CoC. Oda could have used 皇, the Kanji used in Yonko, if he wanted to emphasis that it was an attack of two Emperors. Instead he used 覇, the CoC kanji.
Blocking an Island sized combination attack from two Yonkos is already massively impressive in its own right. Saying it is not a CoC attack in no way diminishes the feat.

It doesn't make any sense from a narrative standpoint for it to be CoC. In every instance of CoC clashes it takes Conquerors Haki to stop Conquerors Haki. But Zoro can do it against two of the strongest Conquerors in the series for a couple seconds with no Conquerors Haki of his own? Sorry but I don't buy it.