Rate Kingdom Overall

What's your rating?

• Total voters

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
How would your rate Kingdom as a story overall, on a scale from 0-10?

You can rate it based off your personal enjoyment, or anything else.

Are there any parts of Kingdom that you feel are drastically inferior or better in quality compared to the rest of the manga?(I mean story arcs)

A few tags in order to get a discussion going:

@Sanji D Goat @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Owl Ki @RayanOO @Jailer @centurion @Da evil Who @Patryipe @Nidai_Kitetsu @Haoku @Desolate Smaug @Luffy is the mc @Topi Jerami @Blackbeard @Arara @MarineHQ62 @Bepo @God Buggy @kom5 @Monet @Phoenix @Nel-Zel fiasco @Dark Admiral @Greenbeard @Peroroncino @Yo Tan Wa @Thururu @Great General Kanki

Kingdom is an exceptional manga with a few issues here and there but overall is incredible.
Pretty much this.

It's just a shame that the story doesn't take the time to properly develop the majority of its concepts though (and i'm not even talking about the Shiyuu or their supernatural elements)

For a series that relies on extremely basic concepts and a very straightforward battle system, it just makes everything seem shallow when most of it is still left unexplored/unexplained or ambiguous (after a while)

Kingdom is awesome. I have been a long time fan of Kingdom, way before it became a mainstream manga. Without any bias, I would rate it as 9.

My top 3 arcs are Bayou, Sanyou and coalition invasion arc. Kingdom has reached its peak at Coalition invasion arc. It almost had the final arc vibe. However, from storytelling perspective, Bayou has been the best in my opinion. I would rate them as:
Bayou arc: 12 out 10
Sanyou arc: 11 out of 10
Coalition Invasion arc: 11 out of 10

Fire Dragons of Wei arc is the worst arc of Kingdom without a question. I will give it a 5 or 6.

The Zhao invasion arcs are not bad, but they havent reached the height of Bayou, Sanyou and coalition invasion. The enemies have been underwhelming and constantly getting outplayed and outmatched. Too many incompetent generals on Zhao side who haven't met the expectations. Keisha was a piece of shit. Kochou was a scrub. I have a plan to reread these arcs to post my favorite panels. Perhaps I will like them more the second time. Right now, Zhao invasion arcs get 8 from me on average.

Kingdom is simply an amazing manga. Just straight up one, if not, the best manga that I've ever read. Engaging story, relatable and well written characters, good choreographed fights, diverse world building and terrains, all that good stuff. There are definitely some minor flaws here and there but it doesn't take away my enjoyable for this manga. One of my friends in high school who started reading Kingdom like 3 weeks ago, he said that Kingdom was one of the best things that he ever read. And he is a manga nerd who read tons of manga, even more so than me.

I started it a few days ago thanks to @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung and I gotta admit that it's honestly amazing. Currently at chapter 252 and so far so good. I'm definitely enjoying it quite a lot. I obviously can't read it all in one go because I'm going to get tired pretty fast and I will probably miss a lot of stuff too. So I'd rather take it slowly but in a constant way. Probably the worst part was the beginning arc. It's not that is bad, but it's kinda... Let's just say that it wasn't as good as the rest.

With that being said if I ignore the beginning easily 9.5, got some nitpicks here and there but a nitpick is a nitpick at the end of the day. With the beginning arc it might go down by half a point or .75. A very very good read nontheless.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
β€Ž
I started it a few days ago thanks to @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung and I gotta admit that it's honestly amazing. Currently at chapter 252 and so far so good. I'm definitely enjoying it quite a lot. I obviously can't read it all in one go because I'm going to get tired pretty fast and I will probably miss a lot of stuff too. So I'd rather take it slowly but in a constant way. Probably the worst part was the beginning arc. It's not that is bad, but it's kinda... Let's just say that it wasn't as good as the rest.

With that being said if I ignore the beginning easily 9.5, got some nitpicks here and there but a nitpick is a nitpick at the end of the day. With the beginning arc it might go down by half a point or .75. A very very good read nontheless.
He hasn’t even reached Coalition, Coronation, or Western Zhao yet and he’s already giving Kingdom a 9.5 lol.

Glad you’re enjoying it my man. You have yet to reach the zenith of Goatliness. Lol

Welcome our newest Kingdom chad @Blackbeard @Owl Ki @God Buggy @MarineHQ62 @Yo Tan Wa @Dragomir @RayanOO etc

He hasn’t even reached Coalition, Coronation, or Western Zhao yet and he’s already giving Kingdom a 9.5 lol.

Glad you’re enjoying it my man. You have yet to reach the zenith yet. Lol

Welcome our newest Kingdom chad @Blackbeard @Owl Ki @God Buggy @MarineHQ62 @Yo Tan Wa @Dragomir @RayanOO etc
I was wondering what in the name of the fuck was Coalition war and since I didn't really know the names of the arcs and all of that I thought that it was one of the wars that I already saw but it looks like I'm wrong. Looking forward to more epic stuff. Not peak fiction yet but hella fucking good. Everything is so fantastic man. I was reading it during class and I almost cheered out loud when Shin gave his speech to his unit lmao.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
β€Ž
I was wondering what in the name of the fuck was Coalition war and since I didn't really know the names of the arcs and all of that I thought that it was one of the wars that I already saw but it looks like I'm wrong. Looking forward to more epic stuff. Not peak fiction yet but hella fucking good. Everything is so fantastic man. I was reading it during class and I almost cheered out loud when Shin gave his speech to his unit lmao.
Shin gives a speech to his unit later on that almost made me scream out loud as if I was there lol. Others reading this comment will know exactly what speech I’m talking about.