Current Events Rayleigh statement doesn't mean in his Prime he would 100% beat Blackbeard

Bogard

You can't win
Nah he did not. Oda tried to make it like that. But it did not feel that way. BB still looks like a coward rookie...who has no skills and is just reliant on DFs and all. He has been going downward since his introduction speech.
It's TCB's translation that made it seem like he was fearing Rayleigh due to his reputation. The viz implied that it was just the situation(his crewmates turned to stone with no way to turn them back)

And Rayleigh played the role of mediator in it while knowing that if not the situation, he had no chance to win a head on fight at his age, so with no possibility to save Hancock at that point

It's TCB's translation that made it seem like he was fearing Rayleigh due to his reputation. The viz implied that it was just the situation(his crewmates turned to stone with no way to turn them back)

And Rayleigh played the role of mediator in it while knowing that if not the situation, he had no chance to win a head on fight at his age, so with no possibility to save Hancock at that point

Just ask @EtenBoby or @Den_Den_Mushi if the Raw says anything about Reputation

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

The bb saving his crew excuse doesn't fly. He was gonna kill Hancock and let them be stone forever.
His reaction to Ray is clear as day. And this is someone who has witnessed prime Ray.

Bogard

You can't win
The bb saving his crew excuse doesn't fly. He was gonna kill Hancock and let them be stone forever.
I pointed this out in my first reply
And when Hancock said she will, he noticed she was lying, suggesting he was willing to let Hancock and her df go if his crew mates could somehow be saved, but would only be forced to actually kill Hancock if she refuses to do so, something he noticed at the time, that she wasn't willing to do

He only ended up wanting to kill her because he noticed she was lying

And directly afterwards, Rayleigh came as an insurance that she'd turn Blackbeard's crew back to normal

I pointed this out in my first reply

He only ended up wanting to kill her because he noticed she was lying

And directly afterwards, Rayleigh came as an insurance that she'd turn Blackbeard's crew back to normal

How does this change anything though? The previous translation still said Ray would lose to him and that he has a chance to win in his prime. Only difference is the reputation thing