Announcement Regarding the recent events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogard

You can't win
I noticed there have been a huge misconception happening on this forum concerning the recent events, so i wanted to clear this out:

1- First of all, @Haoshoku isn't Tangerine's replacement. It was already decided long before he'd be a mod. It's just that at the beginning, he was very busy, and thus it was decided then long before to be a mod

2- The whole Tangerine debate didn't start Yesterday. It is coming from a whole debate started a month ago or so, accusing her to have badmouthed this forum since OJ while using multiple screenshots as arguments and thus with many people judging it wasn't fit for her to be a mod. I defended her the whole time(her friends could ask her and she'd tell you), saying past story shouldn't matter at this point, that we should focus on the future and that i think Tangerine is a good mod, good member helping to balance everything in this community, but at one point it became pointless with that Dizzy public post namely

3- In a discussion with Tangerine about this, Tangerine already wanted to stop being a mod by december. Infact she wanted to stop much earlier, but i did everything i could to maintain her until Dizzy's public post, which was the last straw not allowing this to happen

4- Because of the above then, i couldn't stop Tangerine anymore since i understood her. I wouldn't want this stuff in happening to me, but on the other hand, the people against her had evidences(screenshots) which were working against her and thus not making it very suitable for me to want to involve the whole forum on this or at least not before discussing with the staff in the proper way to handle this situation without the forum exploding into something else than the real purpose of this forum(discussing mangas/animes)

5- After discussing with the staff though, we decided to ban Dizzy and Den_Den_Mushi for a while. It isn't a perma ban because we judged they also had their reason for concern, but at the same time, it's a ban nonetheless because harassing a staff member in a public manner like this is forbidden regardless of the reason. They should have continued this discussion in private with us, before us the staff making the décision

So all in all then, i was trying to take the right decision not to meld this entire forum into something else it wasn't created for, and we think we took the necessary steps for both sides of the spectrum to calm down.

That was it for me then, but i will end this post with the most important things:

- Stop talking about the past, it's meaningless now and only contribute in ruining this communities' mood

- Stop talking about forum wars, it's only contributing in ruining this forum mood

- Let's focus on discussing mangas/animes/enjoying ourself, which was the only reason i decided to create this forum in the first place.

That was your admin. Enjoy yourself in this community :cheers:

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Lower than trash
Here's Tangerine side for anyone asking. Please beware that it's really long., it's only for people who really wanna know her side.

I think I need to address this matter. I've already received so many messages asking that they wanna hear my side. I think I owe some explanation especially when I left without saying anything. I'm sorry.

That profile post said:

I BEGGED for the mod position - I DIDN'T BEG for any mod position whatsoever. I was asked THREE TIMES and I accepted it.

Sucking dick of mods - No, I didn't lmao what the fuck

"Ayy, now that (mod) is available, I know the right girl for him." - I was being paired up with one of the TB guy mods who allegedly had some girlfriend issues, implying that we will make a great pair. It was apparently a drama from Thriller Bark involving some of their mods. I don't really care about that issue, but that comment is like saying we are perfect for each other! What the fuck is that? Sorry, but I don't want to date anyone I barely know.

I WAS CALLED A SKANK - Is this debatable?

All this started because I spoke up against Den den in Rero's profile post. Rero was only sharing her thoughts, just like any others on WG. The mods don't intervene in profile posts unless it's really ugly, so we usually just let it be. I believe Rero's post wasn't meant to personally insult anyone, but it's kind of like "wear the shoe if it fits." You can say I went overboard with my comment, my bad, but I didn't like Denden's comment so I answered for Rero. Things calmed down for a while and I considered it as just another "catfight." I already forgot about that profile post and I thought everything would be fine.

But then a few hours later you see Dizzy talking about "why is a TB pawn still a mod" and some disgusting things being said about me.

TANGERINE HAS DUPES, LIKES PRETENDING AND SHIT - I don't think everyone knows, but I registered in WG forum with a different name. It's called "norikaflavor." I want a new name, because during that time, one of my female friends and I were constantly being harassed by someone else from another forum who registered in WG. That friend also has a different name from what she's originally known. But my reason is to avoid the harassment. Her reason is more or less the same. We want a fresh start in a new forum! But then I also planned to reveal myself later on when it's settled down, I don't really like being norika because I'm known as Tangerine. (which I eventually did) It's nothing fancy, I was also able to troll some of my friends hard. Everyone thought I was a different user/a boy lmao. But really, a lot of other users used different names too. Is ANY OF that WRONG?

TB PAWN - Now you guys know the deal with what happened with OJ, right? Some users got banned without any proper reason. Now I thought if I revealed "norika" as Tangerine, I was paranoid that I was probably gonna get banned at Thriller Bark (my name there is Tangerine). I don't want that to happen, some of my friends who are not on WG are there. I didn't know back then if it was gonna happen or not. But I wanted to be careful as much as possible. (Gladly, I wasn't banned) I shut the fuck up the whole time about it.

So I've finally changed username from norika to Tangerine. I've had beef with some users before as Tangerine because of heated discussions on OJ. IT'S NOTHING PERSONAL, THEY'RE ALL ABOUT FICTIONAL CHARACTERS. IT HAPPENED ALL THE TIME IN OJ. And apparently, some of them stalked my activity on TB. They found out that:

I liked some comments from TB that slagged off WG forum so now I'm a TB SPY. Lol

Liking comments such as "WG is a cancerous forum, I'm gonna get cancer just mentioning that forum" became equated to "I hate Bogard, TAC, Pantheos, etc" which is NOT true. I LOVE THE STAFF. But yes, when I LIKE a post, I MEAN it. Let's not deny that there are many people in WG who are indeed like that! A lot of people would agree with me. This thought only seemed wrong because I am a mod.

That is why I am too strict! I really wanna change the forum into a better one because I genuinely care about the forum. You guys know Bogard and the patrons are paying for the forum but every day you just see trash posts. I clean them together with other mods and I was really keen on enforcing the rules. Sadly, people got the wrong idea of me. I got called inappropriate names: I was called a TERRORIST, A COMMUNIST, ETC.

I tried to leave a total of THREE times (first, just said to the admin and one mod, third time successful) but the staff held me back because they said they needed me there. I was still a mod because I stayed for them even though I really couldn't take the harassment anymore.

That's too much harassment, lying and discrediting in one post. You all know I could have banned them before I left? But I didn't. I don't want people telling me I am abusing my mod powers, I've had enough of that shit.

I hope this clarified my side and sorry I left without explaining. I don't really wanna deal with this anymore and this will be my last interaction with WG. Thank you.

I usually tend to not trust screenshots because they could always be fake and coming from potential haters who want to undermine the integrity of a user, but you have all my trust. And in all possible scenarios they definitely deserved a real punishment.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Basically what I've told the staff and the mods for quite a while now:
The power-lvl discussions and especially the battledome bring a toxic atmosphere to this forum, which is unbearable at times. This carries over to basically all other threads as well and can also be seen in the tone between the users in general.
Dizzy and Den Den don’t participate in power level threads though. Neither do Tangerine and Kiwi. Kuroshika only participated in Admiral power discussions which have nothing to do with any of the events that unfolded as people are saying Z vs S started this lol.

The beefs between these users have nothing to do with power level threads lol.

N

Noctis

I don't even know why power level threads getting mentioned here if actually you guys insulting someone on a personal level because you just got paranoid while doing some power level discussion then you guys better off from the forums.

I am going to be blunt. I agree with Dizzy's ban but Den_Den_Mushi's was may be a little harsh.
They bullied a staff member on a personal level, stalked her activity on other forums and they're getting away with this temporary ban and when they're gonna come back they're gonna continue with there fucked up attitude. Do you still think it's harsh? Do you think bullying someone is not punishable? They should have got perma ban for what they have done

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I don't even know why power level threads getting mentioned here if actually you guys insulting someone on a personal level because you just got paranoid while doing some power level discussion then you guys better off from the forums.

They bullied a staff member on a personal level, stalked her activity on other forums and they're getting away with this temporary ban and when they're gonna come back they're gonna continue with there fucked up attitude. Do you still think it's harsh? Do you think bullying someone is not punishable? They should have got perma ban for what they have done
Hardly. Den den barely said anything. Dizzy went a bit too far. But she aint no saint in this. Its not mind boggling that people have a problem with someone who slated the forum said good riddance when the trash mods at oj went crazy suddenly rocks up here as a mod.

N

Noctis

Hardly. Den den barely said anything. Dizzy went a bit too far. But she aint no saint in this. Its not mind boggling that people have a problem with someone who slated the forum said good riddance when the trash mods at oj went crazy suddenly rocks up here as a mod.
Dude... no one here is saint, I have seen that status with my two own eyes and saw how harsh they were and how much so-called truth in that status was. Are you seeking vengeance of what happened on OJ? Then that's not a battlefield, and I am gonna say right now whatever Tangerine did was completely right and you guys dick riding each other and you guys probably gonna do these in future when someone else gonna gets bullied. if you guys like to insult someone so much there are better websites to take part in, this is a friendly manga discussion forum, not a drama forum

And tell me how this anything has relation to OJ? Or you have nothing better to back up your argument?

Now that I have a more clear picture of this situation, I would like to say something.

In my honest opinion, Bogard treated Tangerine fairly. Originally, he made her a mod. Its not always possible for one guy to track whats happening throughout an entire forum. If there was an abusive post directed towards Tangerine, it was in her full right to delete that post and send that person to Udon.

I have come across the screenshots which was given to the staff as a proof of Tangerine working against this forum. Most of those issues are not serious IMO. I dont care about Tangerine liking posts no matter how bad it is. The post that bothers me is this,
I guess she was joking and I dont know the context. However, when I myself got banned from OJ for inviting people to this forum, I find this message very irresponsible from a mod of this forum.

Now, think about Bogard's situation.
- Dizzy and Den Den are reputed users. Dizzy was banned from OJ, like Bogard, for completely unjust reasons. Its difficult to justify to them why a friend of TB mods is a mod in this forum.
- Tangerine is also a member with good reputation. We have way more Zoro and Mihawk fans here compared to other fandoms. Appointing Tangerine, who is pro-Sanji and a female, was the right decision to bring diversity to this forum.

What else Bogard or the mods could do? Bogard defended Tangerine from all these anti-WG complaints even after seeing this screenshot. Imagine what any other admin would have done. I am sure you guys can understand how much pressure was on Bogard from basically many of his friends. He deleted Dizzy's status and banned him and Den Den. An admin or mod cant stop people from saying stuff.

Lets not make this situation worse and I hope all the parties involved will come back to WG soon and resume ZvsS debates!

Last edited:
N

Noctis

Now that I have a more clear picture of this situation, I would like to say something.

In my honest opinion, Bogard treated Tangerine fairly. Originally, he made her a mod. Its not always possible for one guy to track whats happening throughout an entire forum. If there was an abusive post directed towards Tangerine, it was in her full right to delete that post and send that person to Udon.

I have come across the screenshots which was given to the staff as a proof of Tangerine working against this forum. Most of those issues are not serious IMO. I dont care about Tangerine liking posts no matter how bad it is. The post that bothers me is this,
I guess she was joking and I dont know the context. However, when I myself got banned from OJ for inviting people to this forum, I find this message quite irresponsible from Tangerine.

Now, think about Bogard's situation.
- Dizzy and Den Den are reputed users. Dizzy was banned from OJ, like Bogard, for completely unjust reasons. Its difficult to justify to them why a friend of TB mods is a mod in this forum.
- Tangerine is also a member with good reputation. We have way more Zoro and Mihawk fans here compared to other fandoms. Appointing Tangerine, who is pro-Sanji and a female, was the right decision to bring diversity to this forum.

What else Bogard or the mods could do? Bogard defended Tangerine from all these anti-WG complaints even after seeing this screenshot. Imagine what any other admin would have done. I am sure you guys can understand how much pressure was on Bogard from basically many of his friends. He deleted Dizzy's status and banned him and Den Den. An admin or mod cant stop people from saying stuff.

Lets not make this situation worse and I hope all the parties involved will come back to WG soon and resume ZvsS debates!
The reason Tangerine said to this Ren because most of the Zoro fans pick on Ren and as friend she said he doesn't need to join that forum because the same things gonna repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.