Announcement Rest in Peace, Jmena/Un-amed(we will never forget you)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess there's only so much we can do ofc, some of this is out of our own control as you were saying, we didn't know him in person, he was a stranger online and we were to him too and thus the people who knew him in person and were close, especially his family probably feel the most guilty naturally and that they should have been more aware of what was going on. Having more opportunity to make an impact, to help him, to be an influence and such.
The thing is many people don't really care and only feign sympathy after someone has died.

Descanse en paz.

Since loads of bullshit are commonly spread about suicide, I'll make my little contribution by reminding that expressing suicidal ideation can indeed precede suicide attempt and, contrary to popular belief, people sharing their intention to kill themselves may not be just seeking attention. Which shouldn't require a reminder, but we all know what people think.

Nah, we gotta stop harassing leakers and just people in general here, this isn't a joke anymore.

I'm guilty of having been frustrated at Redon in the past, but it just seems so childish now in retrospect. What's the harm in just waiting a few days, if it means preserving the mental health of leakers and other people?

I don't know what exactly was going on Jmena's life, if Worstgen even affected him to such a degree at all or not. But I think every little bit of help and support counts, and we can do better as a community from here on out.

This 100%. Look at redons twitter posts. When he cant post normal stuff anymore without people wishing bad things happening to him just because he doesn't give Spoilers immediately is sickening to me.

G

Gorosei Informer

Rest in peace man. Imagine the pain his dad felt typing this.....heartbreaking.

Just a bit over two weeks ago i heard that a young guy i saw walking down the street took his life a day later. Couldn't believe it. The Kid was smiling and greeting people.

Fuck all the people that are telling you you're not hard working, smart and successful enough.
Amen man. If I were to really get candid, I was even talking to this with my therapist yesterday, the whole reason I lack self esteem is because my "wonderful" family continually told me I was lazy, that I never tried hard enough, that I was spoiled and didn't deserve what I had. Ironically, I was working my ass off to the point I have severe mental and physical health problems now. I've almost collapsed multiple times. But because I wasn't "successful" and didn't get rich, married etc, I was the black sheep, the outcast, the donkey of the family or w,e the shame of the family.

So, that led me to feeling suicidal, especially when they would constantly gang up on me and demonise me, treating me like some kind of punching bag for their own personal grievances/spite.

Thank you for that last line, I really needed to hear that personally, to have someone say that. The ones who kept me calling lazy were gone like the wind when the chips were down, when I or others needed help, they were nowhere to be seen but as soon as shit went a little south for them, they screeched to the heavens that they're alone, nobody cares, nobody helps them when we did so much shit for them. My ex is a prime example, don't even get me started there.

But anyway thats offtopic too, another time and place.

That story about that guy, holy fuck...thats messed up. But as someone said here just now, the happiest people can often be the saddest and in most pain and I can vouch from personal experience that is extremely true. I saw proof of that with Chester Bennington (who was really happy, friendly and such in-person and in interviews) and especially Robin Williams and both of them unfortunately took their own lives too.

Goes to show, no matter how happy someone looks on the outside, you can never tell how much they're really suffering unless they draw back the curtains and actually show you.
Post automatically merged:

Well, all I'm gonna say is that if I ever wind up dying, certain people here will rejoice.
Even if thats true, at least some of us won't be rejoicing but doing the opposite, like we're doing for Jmena. We'll definitely be grieving for you too if we lose you too. Hell I was upset when you deleted your account, like with Yaser, but I'm so glad both of you came back!

In my neighborhood there is a place where people take their own lives - it doesn't happen often enough for me to say that on a regular basis - although - over the course of my life so far, it happened there a dozen or so times (twice last year).

About 10 years ago, i saw one of these cases with my own eyes.

I would just like to say that experiencing something like this, even indirectly, brings you down to earth - suddenly a person realizes that sometimes you need to slow down and think about the other person.

I also think, that the idea of a topic for consultation for everyone with problems is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.