General & Others Rivals, Zoro and Sanji?!

Since ZKK and Luffy = Zolo got crushed, and Oda established ''wings'' instead, of course they are.

Dorry and Brogy parallel was used only for Zolo and Sanji, their rivalry and them being close level in terms of power, only something crying ZKKclowns deny.

Oda also did this on purpose by giving Sanji a feat that Zolo admitted he couldn't accomplish;

This shows Sanji supremacy, Wanji rules. :sanjino:

This is mentally ill stan babble.

One Piece is not a battle manga. Oda doesn’t care about your battledome brain rot. Go count some pixels.
^ said by the guy who just posted in battledome :fransuper:
This more baseless battledome babble that has no foundation in fact or canon.

Sanji is faster than King and possesses comparable durability, and doesn't have to swap one for the other. The faster he goes, the stronger his attacks.

He's also smarter, with superior Haki, and his Ifrit Jambe flames are far greater than King's Lunarian flames.

Sanji would've beaten King with less difficulty than Zoro 10 times out of 10.

I mean the rivalry obviously exists in terms of beliefs and clash of personality and such. Their strength is more so a means of allowing Oda to express their conflicting ideas on matters since it's not a case where one's incomparable to the other. Little Garden exemplified this.

I don't think it makes sense to take a magazine description of what we already see in the manga as the strongest evidence, but it's kinda cool of it's an accurate translation. They're the Wings of the Pirate King and Sanji's been getting great feats since Wano, but I don't think the idea is that they're equals or that feats don't matter. They're Luffy's strongest and most reliable crewmembers on an arc to arc basis with Zoro being the clear number 2 to Luffy.
Post automatically merged:

I mean the rivalry obviously exists in terms of beliefs and clash of personality and such. Their strength is more so a means of allowing Oda to express their conflicting ideas on matters since it's not a case where one's incomparable to the other. Little Garden exemplified this.

I don't think it makes sense to take a magazine description of what we already see in the manga as the strongest evidence, but it's kinda cool of it's an accurate translation. They're the Wings of the Pirate King and Sanji's been getting great feats since Wano, but I don't think the idea is that they're equals or that feats don't matter. They're Luffy's strongest and most reliable crewmembers on an arc to arc basis with Zoro being the clear number 2 to Luffy.
Post automatically merged:
Rivals: competing for the same objective or in the same field
What are they rivals in? What are the competing for?

Rivals: competing for the same objective or in the same field
What are they rivals in? What are the competing for?
Fair. They have instances of competing but that's in specific moments like hunting or beating fodder or most importantly laying their lives down for Luffy in Thriller Bark. It's more so their interpersonal dynamic of having issues but also mutual respect. If you don't feel rival is a fitting term that's fine.

1000 chapters in and people still think oda doesn’t care abt powerscaling :kobeha:
Literally just a couple weeks ago in the story Luffy struggled to defeat Doflamingo. Now he’s an emperor with a win against Kaidou.

Oda’s priorities don’t lie where yours do. One Piece is not a battle manga, it’s not about who’s strongest, but the adventure and story Oda wants to show and tell. It’s simple.

Last edited:
Literally just a couple weeks ago in the story Luffy struggled to defeat Doflamingo. Now he’s an emperor with a win against Kaidou.

Oda’s priorities doesn’t lie where yours do. One Piece is not a battle manga, it’s not about who’s strongest, but the adventure and story Oda wants to show and tell. It’s simple.
Every saga get resolve by a fight, Luffy always beat the antagonist by a big punch in the face, One piece is a battle manga. Oda is just bad at showing a organic power progression.

yeah cause he is the fuckin mc and he got crazy ass potential which shocked even kaido,
luffy had to go through multiple powerups to beat this yonko and even with that he got koed like 5 times

Oda’s priorities doesn’t lie where yours do. One Piece is not a battle manga, it’s not about who’s strongest, but the adventure and story Oda wants to show and tell. It’s simple.
we are 1000 chapters in and u really think oda doesnt care abt battles when the main conflict of the arc always concludes with luffy beating the main villain in a fight