Roe vs Wade Overturned?

Thanks for the reminder. What are there privileges that men get? Getting openly trashed and still not getting any support from the onlookers? Imagine if a man said the same thing that you've said about women.
There's no need to imagine when recent history shows far worse towards women who can barely even have the right to vote for 100 years, let alone anything else.

To get back on topic, abortion rights are no different and it requires a fight too. I don't see why it's anyone's business what a couple or woman does with their pregnancy and I hope this nonsense gets dropped in the US (and worldwide)

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
I can tell you one privilege right at the top of my head

I can walk around the street using fucking shorts and without a shirt, nobody would even say anything

women can't even walk the streets with a fucking suit on, and they will be cat called to death and fear getting raped constantly

I can walk around feeling sacred about getting murdered or robbed, but raped? doesn't even cross my mind
I can't go to work wearing a sleeveless shirt. Hell, I can't even wear a T-shirt while no one gets a say in what women wear to work. So where exactly is the privilege that only applies to the men?

I

Indigo

I can't go to work wearing a sleeveless shirt. Hell, I can't even wear a T-shirt while no one gets a say in what women wear to work. So where exactly is the privilege that only applies to the men?
i'm not talking about work my friend

i'm talking about every day, any place, any where

of course you can't do that at work, women can't either

but at the middle of the day? women would be called sluts, be cat called and shamed every corner and fear getting raped for what they are wearing
Post automatically merged:

@Gol D. Roger have you ever felt scared to get an Uber / Taxi by yourself because you thought the driver could take you anywhere and rape you? because i haven't

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
There's no need to imagine when recent history shows far worse towards women who can barely even have the right to vote for 100 years, let alone anything else.

To get back on topic, abortion rights are no different and it requires a fight too. I don't see why it's anyone's business what a couple or woman does with their pregnancy and I hope this nonsense gets dropped in the US (and worldwide)
If you go a bit further back in history, most men don't have the right to vote too. While it is true women got the right to vote much later than men, this isn't a women-only issue. And I don't see how you can use that to justify the hate against men or to say men get all the privileges in this timeline. We're not living in that society now, so there is no need to act like we're the direct victims here.

It's not anyone's business if I cut my neck but I am sure they'd put me behind the bars if I do that. We don't always get the freedom to do whatever we want—that's how society functioned for as long as it existed. I can see where you're getting at though.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
even the people who made that wage gap study confessed they didnt take into account career choices and hours worked but everyone ignores that as always

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ

but at the middle of the day? women would be called sluts, be cat called and shamed every corner and fear getting raped for what they are wearing
The point is that men go through the same kind of restrictions too—in different places. So I don't see how that's a privilege for men. I am not gonna pretend that catcalling and harassment over what women wear aren't happening. But being able to wear whatever you want isn't a privilege but a basic right. You don't just call it a privilege just because men aren't facing the same issues that some women face. Most women in the West wear whatever they want btw.

@Gol D. Roger have you ever felt scared to get an Uber / Taxi by yourself because you thought the driver could take you anywhere and rape you? because i haven't
Again, not all problems of women are a privilege for men. That's as illogical as it can get. You can totally blame the rapists and the people who attack vulnerable women for creating this situation for them, but this isn't a privilege for men by any stretch of logic.

If you go a bit further back in history, most men don't have the right to vote too. While it is true women got the right to vote much later than men, this isn't a women-only issue. And I don't see how you can use that to justify the hate against men or to say men get all the privileges in this timeline. We're not living in that society now, so there is no need to act like we're the direct victims here.

It's not anyone's business if I cut my neck but I am sure they'd put me behind the bars if I do that. We don't always get the freedom to do whatever we want—that's how society functioned for as long as it existed. I can see where you're getting at though.
We do live in this society still, that's the part you don't seem to understand. Discrimination, lesser pay, gradual and slow integration of women in all sectors.

There's progress, but still you'll get told to go to the kitchen if you're a woman. And I don't promote hate towards men, it's not their fault for how evolution worked and how we change with modern times. But ya, I do find that conservative ones are either dumb or simply raised in a very very poor and undeveloped country (again not their fault, alas).

But I know I'm talking to a wall cause you think Tyrion killed Shae in self defense :hapnoel:

I

Indigo

The point is that men go through the same kind of restrictions too—in different places. So I don't see how that's a privilege for men. I am not gonna pretend that catcalling and harassment over what women wear aren't happening. But being able to wear whatever you want isn't a privilege but a basic right. You don't just call it a privilege just because men aren't facing the same issues that some women face. Most women in the West wear whatever they want btw.

Again, not all problems of women are a privilege for men. That's as illogical as it can get. You can totally blame the rapists and the people who attack vulnerable women for creating this situation for them, but this isn't a privilege for men by any stretch of logic.
so privilege only exists if it's in the law for you?

Post automatically merged:

Men are the number one victims of violent crimes, i get your point but let’s not act like we don’t sense the threat of violence

I

Indigo

Men are the number one victims of violent crimes, i get your point but let’s not act like we don’t sense the threat of violence
i'm 26 years old and live in of one of the most dangerous cities in Brazil and the world

i've never feared a single minute of my life in terms of being raped, never

murdered and robbed? sure, but i actually think i would prefer being killed than raped

I

Indigo

I don’t, death is as final as it gets

but that’s my point, men don’t have it as easy as you paint it
Living the rest of my life having to remember another person raping me sounds like hell, no thanks

men don't have it easy at all, i'm a man and i know shit is hard too

but saying women have "equal hardships" is so much bullshit

i've grown up with two older sisters and a mother, i wouldn't change being a man to a woman for nothing

Men can defend themselves tho, how about women? With physical disadvantage average woman can't do shit if someome try harassing /assaulting her

It is not comparable, we have to be alert most of the time 😕
I never even tried to compare them, I just saw his comment and thought he was making it look like we live life carefree