Roe vs Wade Overturned?

what is your definition of person?

if its "human individual", then a fetus is a person. if you wanna venture into a deep philosophical debate about what constitutes personhood, thats not what conservatives care about when it comes to this topic. they only care about a fetus being a human being.
The real question is when does it go from just a multicellular organism to a person though.

I doubt anyone but the most avid religious people would be against emergency pills, which might as well be day 1 abortions as they're designed to kill an already fertilized egg.

On the other hand, i doubt even the most avid pro-choicer would support a month 9 "abortion", since at that point it would literally just be giving birth early then killing a baby, so taking out all biases like religion, feminism, anti feminism or whatever, there clearly is a point of no return that people can somewhat tell.
In places where abortions are legal i believe the limit is about 24 weeks, but i'm not really qualified to actually tell when it crosses a certain "humane" treshold.

I do think it speaks a lot that so much people would put the rights of a barely developed 1-2 month embryo over the rights of the mother carrying it though.

Last edited:
B

Ballel

The real question is when does it go from just a multicellular organism to a person though.

I doubt anyone but the most avid religious people would be against emergency pills, which might as well be day 1 abortions as they're designed to kill an already fertilized egg.

On the other hand, i doubt even the most avid pro-choicer would support a month 9 "abortion", since at that point it would literally just be giving birth early then killing a baby, so taking out all biases like religion, feminism, anti feminism or whatever, there clearly is a point of no return that people can somewhat tell.
In places where abortions are legal i believe the limit is about 24 weeks, but i'm not really qualified to actually tell when it crosses a certain "humane" treshold.

I do think it speaks a lot that so much people would put the rights of a barely developed 1-2 month embryo over the rights of the mother carrying it though.
I think it's not even a question at which point an embryo is a person.
I DO think a 4 week old is already a human being. But I DO believe the safety and the life of a mother who has been living for years, formed bonds with other people, has made choices, has a a history and therefore a personality, has dreams, fears etc deserves more protection than a person who is not yet a part of the world.
If giving this new person-the baby- the chance to build a full life is only possible at the expense of ruining a life that is already fully established that's just not worth it.

Anyways, it's very telling to see so many jews complain about their religious rights being violated because the USA have been, are being and will always be on the other side of whatever opposes Christian values to a T. And even then one of your biggest allies is fucking Israel! :kobeha:

IT'S LIKE POETRY, IT RHYMES :finally: