General & Others Roger had an easier time becoming pirate king

Title, roger had an easier time becoming pk than the top tiers rn who have to deal with way more competition from peer\rising pirates\vigilant marines making sure there is no repeat fo what roger did. Since now people know that raftel exists, that the road poneglyphs lead to it and that the one piece is a thing. It is way more hellish and competitive, which explain why no one has managed to do it yet, basically a larger amount of top tiers are competing for it compared to back then.

Discuss.

Last edited:
Yea and that's why Luffy will surpass Roger

This doesn't stop Roger from being above The Yonkos tho
Whitebeard was yonko, p sure if roger stayed alive he would be that too, he is a the top but not by too much, imo its a 2-5% difference, he will still need very high\extreme diff to put them down, he will always win tho.

I view the current admirals\yonko to be very close if not equal to their past gen counterparts, kaido\shanks\bm and soon bb=<primebeard, roger, akainu\admirals=<prime sengoku and garp.

The point of the thread isnt about powerlevel tho but how it was easier for him to reach his goal that it is for the current top tiers.

I don't agree so much. If by becoming pirate king we mean finding the OP then Roger had to open the road himself to something that it wasn't even known if it actually existed (there are doubts even in this age considering WB dying remarked how the OP exists so fueling another pirate era), now at least yonkos and below know it exist and in order to find it they are looking for the road poneglyphs left behind and looking for people capabke of readin it, Roger in a way opened a road that now his wannabe successor are trying to redo.

If we are taking the pirate king as the storngest pirate then power there are 2 big points that made the old era way more fearsome than the new one. WB was the strongest man until he died despite he was sick and old and Roger was on par with Primebeard who of course is above Oldbeard. And then there are the Rocks, Roger beat thme (with the help of Garp) and that is most likely the storngets pirate crew we have seen until now (no single yonko crew can be compared to that, maybe, if not most likely, even current BM+Kaido are weaker than the original Rocks.

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Lower than trash
Whitebeard was yonko, p sure if roger stayed alive he would be that too, he is a the top but not by too much, imo its a 2-5% difference, he will still need very high\extreme diff to put them down, he will always win tho.

I view the current admirals\yonko to be very close if not equal to their past gen counterparts, kaido\shanks\bm and soon bb=<primebeard, roger, akainu\admirals=<prime sengoku and garp.

The point of the thread isnt about powerlevel tho but how it was easier for him to reach his goal that it is for the current top tiers.
Yea i got you,

But he got Rocks in his way tho,

And it took him really long time to become PK

So I won't say it's that much easier than the current era, maybe only slightly

Yea i got you,

But he got Rocks in his way tho,

And it took him really long time to become PK

So I won't say it's that much easier than the current era, maybe only slightly
Rocks was merely a somewhat stronger regular yonko crew, as bm was still not in her prime by a good amount and kaido even more as he was just merely an apprentice back then. Also you gotta remember that it wasnt just roger and his crew there but marines with garp too. And that whole thing had nothing to do with his joureny to pk as as you said that was way after.

He was the only one who figured out that there may be a last island and that it may be important, the only one who figured the road poneglyphs importance, im sure it was way less guarded at linlin's due to its lack of importance compared to now where it was in a heavily sealed door and stuff. And big mom did say she wouldnt make the same mistake as she did with roger.
Then he was bffs with wb and had the luck to have oden want to go on a journey with him. With barely any interference from anyone as no one knew that the one piece existed besides him.
Sure he had garp fighting him here and there and that was it.

Compare it to now, with everyone knowing that the one piece exists and the way to get there(road poneglyphs) a constant swarm of rising pirates coming into the new world to contend with 4 top pirates who each have a part of said way to get there, then the navy being super vigilant and trying not to have a repeat of roger.

If any of these top dudes decide to go for it, they'd have to fight the other for it and not just sneak in and take it. And if they fight for it, you have rising pirates\marines\other top dudes coming in to clean them up. Basically, they're stuck and cant do anything. Hence the stalemate and super super competitive scene compared to what roger had to do.

It is often used as a knock against the current top dogs that they cant do it, but people forget how much easier it was for roger imo.
Post automatically merged:

@Admiral Lee Hung

imo no roger had a harder time than luffy. Luffy will surpass roger because he will accomplish what roger couldn't and will likely do it as pk. On rogers road to pk he had to go through:
- rocks one of the strongest crews all time
- shiki and 1 of the biggest crews ever
- had sengoku and garp chasing him (compared to smoker and coby for luffy)
- had wb who was his equal
- he also had to make the title from scratch and do the impossible while luffy will already knows all he has to do is reach laughtale.

Luffy will go through:
- bm/beast pirates
- bb and a likely pk level crew
- likely have a fight with kidd post wano
- will probably have a big clash with the marines before he becomes pk

More competition doesn't mean harder. Say a nba star goes and plays in a competition with a 1000 regular dudes. Just cuz there is more competition doesn't make it harder for the star. Playing at tge top of the world with the best players is completely different from player with a bunch of average guys even if there are alot more of them trying to win. Quality over quantity.

imo no roger had a harder time than luffy. Luffy will surpass roger because he will accomplish what roger couldn't and will likely do it as pk. On rogers road to pk he had to go through:
- rocks one of the strongest crews all time
- shiki and 1 of the biggest crews ever
- had sengoku and garp chasing him (compared to smoker and coby for luffy)
- had wb who was his equal
- he also had to make the title from scratch and do the impossible while luffy will already knows all he has to do is reach laughtale.

Luffy will go through:
- bm/beast pirates
- bb and a likely pk level crew
- likely have a fight with kidd post wano
- will probably have a big clash with the marines before he becomes pk

More competition doesn't mean harder. Say a nba star goes and plays in a competition with a 1000 regular dudes. Just cuz there is more competition doesn't make it harder for the star. Playing at tge top of the world with the best players is completely different from player with a bunch of average guys even if there are alot more of them trying to win. Quality over quantity.
Rox was before he set off for pk, I’m talking about that
And I’m not talking about Luffy
I’m talking abo he the current yonko. They have way more to deal with than just shiki/garp and sengoku.

I wouldn't say easier time, as there was no path but being the strongest, correct me if I'm wrong, but Rogers goal was never the One Piece but he found it? But was to old and ailing to make use of it. If anything Luffy has it the easiest.
No it was the op. He was the only one who figured it out, hence the almost nonexistent competition.

people conflate things, I’m talking in comparison to the current top dogs, roger had an easier time.

here they have to deal with other yonko/admirals/ rising pirates everywhere. They don’t call this the golden age of piracy for nothing.

imagine if wb/shiki/ bm were actually on the know about the one piece but were actively fighting roger for it. As well as the navy too.

Rox was before he set off for pk, I’m talking about that
And I’m not talking about Luffy
I’m talking abo he the current yonko. They have way more to deal with than just shiki/garp and sengoku.
Luffy or any pirate that wants to be pk has the yonko, the worst gen group which he's already easily the second best, and vets on the sea.

Roger had rocks, sengoku/garp, wb, bm, shiki, and he was in the era of more quality pirates.

My basketball example stands just cuz there is more competition doesn't mean its harder to be pk. Hell take roger final journey crew and place it in the current time line and he becomes pk easier as their are clear goals to go to. Roger had to forge the path to pk and rn its easier since you have a guide line.

Luffy or any pirate that wants to be pk has the yonko, the worst gen group which he's already easily the second best, and vets on the sea.

Roger had rocks, sengoku/garp, wb, bm, shiki, and he was in the era of more quality pirates.

My basketball example stands just cuz there is more competition doesn't mean its harder to be pk. Hell take roger final journey crew and place it in the current time line and he becomes pk easier as their are clear goals to go to. Roger had to forge the path to pk and rn its easier since you have a guide line.
No roger didn’t have rox in the way of pk, rox happened way before
Luffy has yonko/WG actively trying to become/stop pk, it’s not the same

No roger didn’t have rox in the way of pk, rox happened way before
Luffy has yonko/WG actively trying to become/stop pk, it’s not the same
Rocks was his era...if he didn't beat rocks then he would never have become pk. Rogers whole journey is his path to pk i really don't get where you would even try to start it. Again unlike now there wasn't a guideline to be pk so roger didn't just become a pirate and say im going to be pk unlike luffy.

Prime Garp is far stronger than anyone Luffy is facing now, and unless Blackbeard has transcendental base growth that will continue to be the case until he fights Imu.
Proof ? Oh right you have none.
The fact that you brought a featless character like imu whom we aren’t sure is even a fighter and then went ahead and put him over eos Blackbeard is something else.
We’re talking facts and what we have currently, don’t bring your headcanon into this.

Rocks was his era...if he didn't beat rocks then he would never have become pk. Rogers whole journey is his path to pk i really don't get where you would even try to start it. Again unlike now there wasn't a guideline to be pk so roger didn't just become a pirate and say im going to be pk unlike luffy.
He started his journey years after rox defeat. And rox was meeely a slightly stronger yonko crew and he wasn’t alone but had garp and marines.
I’m talking About the actual time he figured out that there was a last island and that the road poneglyphs were used to get there. No one knew about it. Therefore way less competition as the rest had no idea about it.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I agree that the amount of top tier competition certainly seems lower for Roger at the moment, but I’m gonna reserve full judgment until after we get his inevitable flashback and see if he faced any other opponents comparable to the Rocks crew.

As far as the scrutiny and global nature of finding One Piece, there was absolutely less focus on it before he reached Laugh Tale...as far as we know, Roger and Rocks were seemingly the only people really going after that kind of thing, or at least the knowledge it supposedly holds. He’s exclusively to blame for making things harder for Luffy and everyone else vying for the title of Pirate King, though.

Prime Garp is overrated. He was just yonko level, unlike Roger and Prime WB, who were a level above.
They were not, they were the strongest top tiers but not by much. The more we see of them the more this solidifies.
Admirals/yonko are huge threats to them. Roger considered admirals threats, he duked bm while he had prime Rayleigh in his ship and she had a weaker/younger crew. Like come on now.
None of the feats we saw from them were outlandish or super above used to top tiers.
They are out on a pedestal for their achievements as well as individual strength which no one doubts is the strongest, but strongest doesn’t mean you mid diff the rest of your peers mate.

Heck roger was about to die/lose against shiki. Dude didn’t win a single fight against any other

Garp is on the level of Roger and Whitebeard. I hate this "yonko level" or "admiral level" etc nonsense. Current Lin Lin, Shanks, and Kaido can hang with Roger. They are considered equals to WB in status and threat.
Thank you, pk is the one who finds the one piece. It’s not a lvl. There is only top tier.

They were not, they were the strongest top tiers but not by much. The more we see of them the more this solidifies.
Admirals/yonko are huge threats to them. Roger considered admirals threats, he duked bm while he had prime Rayleigh in his ship and she had a weaker/younger crew. Like come on now.
None of the feats we saw from them were outlandish or super above used to top tiers.
They are out on a pedestal for their achievements as well as individual strength which no one doubts is the strongest, but strongest doesn’t mean you mid diff the rest of your peers mate.

Heck roger was about to die/lose against shiki. Dude didn’t win a single fight against any other

Thank you, pk is the one who finds the one piece. It’s not a lvl. There is only top tier.
Pirate King is synonymous with both finding the One Piece but also a Level of Strength. Roger defined it, Oda implies it. People are just in denial because of their headcanons.