[FNZ] Salem of Lies Round 09: Throne of Lies

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dragomir

The Story of the Court Wizard and the Sage

Day I
Deep within the realm of Castle Adiart, renowned for the Blue Dragon faction, lay a confused king, his trusted nobles, and a few unsung heroes that may not be so trusting as factions become divided. Rumors of treason echo through these castle walls and now we're at war amongst ourselves! We must quickly separate friend from foe before nightfall. I find solace in my warded room at night, but fear this may be my last.. I used the last of my magic to summon forth a runed spell of protection to guard me this night - I hope it will last.

Day II

At first light, I found myself still breathing! But I discovered those closest to me begin to fall without the faintest sound of fading life. I suspect our King is not who he says. Those that speak up are at risk to be executed for treason against the realm. I have already seen too many falsely slain by coercion and trickery. I felt that I still have friends, so I tightened my fists, felt the cool rush of fresh air in my lungs, and called out our King for being the TRAITOR that he is!
The tides turn as the accusation suddenly seemed to cause everyone surrounding me to fall into shadows -- as I stepped into the light of attention full of unkempt faces as eyes glared and fingers began to point at me. "I am The Court Wizard-- I SWEAR it," I said as my pulse started to race. No-- that is not what others say. Others say I am the Unseen, their sworn enemy, whom shall they believe?

Sun sets, and I swiftly scribe....in my journal my final thoughts to leave behind for the others -- That the king is not of our faction -- but is a traitor! ...a member of the Unseen.. My brothers, I fear you may be next--

(The journal page is found to be unfinished, with only the letters "Masterm....." before the journal ended.

Day III

(The Sage speaking) "What appears my allies of the Blue Dragon, I need you to trust me—that I am an ally of yours, and together we can find the traitor that did this! *Suspicious laughter through lips* *Maniacal Laughter* if only they knew..."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The court has found @Cinera innocent!

It is Night 2.
You have 24 hours to turn in your actions.​

D

Dragomir

The Bravest in the Land

The Royal Caravan trotted along the dusty streets near the southern edge of the castle wall with Sir Epsilon, the leader of the King’s Guard, at the head. His polished armor shone brightly in the sun and his ceremonial crest featured bright blue, red, and green flowers, each representing a victorious battle.

His white horse was unsullied by the clouds of dust and he kept his head tall as his braided mane flowed down the right side of the stallions’ neck.

The local kids gathered around to get a glimpse of the brave Knights whose names they learned in school. The armored warriors of the realm reached down from the great heights of their mount to touch the children upon their heads as they strolled past.

Little Guinevere ran out between her friends and darted into the street for a closer look. Sir Epsilon quickly halted the procession. The most handsome man in the land removed his helmet and reached down for the young, auburn-haired girl’s hand.

Through the window of the main carriage, the Princess watched. Sir Epsilon gently ushered the little girl away and the Princess cast a flirtatious smile towards her Knight.

Young Guinevere was awestruck by the size of the horses and the armored Knights until she lost sight of them in the cloud of dust. She caught just a glimpse of the Princess’ smirk before Edward, Guinevere’s older brother, grabbed her by the shoulder and whisked her away.

She ran the rest of the way home, flew up the stairs and out the window onto the roof. She sat in a familiar spot and stared out above the castle walls.

The Unseen Enforcer stalked from tree to tree, using the noise of the caravan as cover. The enormous armor hardly fit behind the largest elm, but as if by magic, the Enforcer stayed in the shadows.

Sir Epsilon noticed a fallen-tree ahead in the road and called on the party to stop well before it.

“On your guard.”

Epsilon drew on Gyflym, his legendary longsword, and called on his Lieutenant, Sir Andres, to examine the path ahead.

The blonde-haired warrior walked cautiously towards the tree and with a quick glance could tell it had been sawn. The Unseen Enforcer leaped from the hiding spot behind Andres and fired a long spear. The glancing blow injured the brave Knight and threw him to the ground alongside the fallen tree.

The Enforcer turned attention towards the Royal Caravan. Sir Epsilon’s two Captains charged with their swords drawn. The Enforcer artfully dodged their attacks and with seemingly unnatural quickness, parried Sir Drake’s thrust and wounded the great champion.

Sir Babish saw an opening and swung his sword upon the blackened armor of the hulking Enforcer. His forged-steel blade shattered against it. Still in shock, Sir Babish was taken-upon by the frightful warrior, who began beating him with his hands.

With one quick look towards his Princess, Sir Epsilon left her side to join the fray. He knocked the Enforcer off of Babish with one great kick and leveled Gyflym at the blackened heart of his old friend.

“There is no armor that can stand against this cold steel when it is held by the bravest in the land. Your black magic only serves to further tarnish your reputation.”

“You are not as powerful as you think,” croaked the Enforcer, formerly known as Doamnă. “The bravery of those inside Castle Adiart wanes. The only thing we need now is a Royal sacrifice.”

They angrily clashed swords. The thunderous sounds echoed through the land. Epsilon marveled at the power of his enemy. Each blow from the mighty sword came crashing down like a thousand waves along the shore.

Sir Epsilon attempted to evade one of the Enforcer’s thrusts but was snagged by the roots at his feet. Doamnă’s first killing strike was barely evaded and Epsilon scurried along the ground with his sword behind in the dust.

“Make peace with your Gods,” said the Enforcer, “For this is the last time you will speak to them.”

The Enforcer lifted the blade for a final killing blow. The cold steel ran through the chest and split the blackened armor at its center. The Enforcer’s blood dripped slowly onto Sir Epsilon until the Princess removed Gyflym with a solid thrust and a boot to the back.

“Are you Ok, my love?” asked the Princess as she rushed to her fallen Knight. She removed his helmet, wiped the sweat from his brow, and gave him a passionate kiss.

As the sun faded behind the castle walls, Guinevere heard her mother call for supper. She opened her eyes, gave one last look at the Emerald Forest, and scurried back through the window.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once more, there are no deaths!

It is now Day 3.
You have 24 hours to discuss.
Countdown Timer

N

NeutralWatcher

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Ermmm, are these stories true to the game and should be understood that we have Unseen and a bad king? :')
NeutralWatcher essentially outed himself as Paladin and we had that kerfuffle Day 1 about Dark Admiral 1.0 and his misreading of the lore as fact. It's same to assume we don't have Unseen.

I'm not sure on Kiwi being good or bad. I'm gonna do something that'll probably bite me in the ass, but I have no solid read on Kiwi yet. I can't recall a single stern take on any issue or call from her.

Vote lynch @Kiwipom

Post automatically merged:

Yeah.

No Unseen. Dragomir said not to pay attention to Write Up since Write Up is a lore he copied from wikipedia. You all can ask Dragomir.
What do you have?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Some roles can be the same and some roles and unique.

Any reason for this?
He's Paladin, so I am assuming he investigated her last night. The odds of Queen being framed that very same night over more vocal players (myself, Reborn, not sure if Cinera can be converted but let's throw him in too) is unlikely.

How has Queen been playing? Has anyone kept a look on her?

She is a member of cult.
And that's all it tells you?

I have some news, but not really useful yet, so I won't share it.
Yeah.

No Unseen. Dragomir said not to pay attention to Write Up since Write Up is a lore he copied from wikipedia. You all can ask Dragomir.
Are you sure? What would be the point of posting them then?
NeutralWatcher essentially outed himself as Paladin and we had that kerfuffle Day 1 about Dark Admiral 1.0 and his misreading of the lore as fact. It's same to assume we don't have Unseen.
I'm doubtful about him as well, because Paladin is not supposed to out himself. Why are you so trustful?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I have some news, but not really useful yet, so I won't share it.

Are you sure? What would be the point of posting them then?

I'm doubtful about him as well, because Paladin is not supposed to out himself. Why are you so trustful?
Because he outed himself to counter claim Unseen from the Fool, he did it for the benefit of the town. I mean... He could be Cult playing 4D chess? But that feels a little contrived for how he responded to Flowa.

He very well might be Unseen playing 5D chess and trying to hide his faction :milaugh:
It is the Throne of Lies!

He's Paladin, so I am assuming he investigated her last night. The odds of Queen being framed that very same night over more vocal players (myself, Reborn, not sure if Cinera can be converted but let's throw him in too) is unlikely.

How has Queen been playing? Has anyone kept a look on her?

And that's all it tells you?
I'm not sure Queen's been quietish and hasn't done to much, she dropped a few things but nothing substantial that I remember. I'd have to go back and read.

Status
Not open for further replies.