[FNZ] Salem of Lies Round 5 : Town of Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Well, because I asked for it, for starters. And because I think I'm very knowledgeable in this game and have already pretty much put myself out there.

So, if the lookout / town protection wants to be on someone, why not me? It'll be an arbitrary choice regardless. But I'm requesting it and willing to do the footwork.

Obv. if a Mayor comes around, the LO can be on them. Same can be said for TP with the Jailer.
Why your putting yourself out can't be a deliberate move from scum?

That's not a logical reason to ask for protection

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Hello, I just hope I will actually 'Play' this ToS instead of 'dropping' it.
:kata:dropping it is always something that hurts the host and fellow hosts, girl I wanna see your 100% townself here
Okay, so we can probably expect the usual. 4 Mafia, 1 Neutral Evil and one Neutral Benign. Fingers crossed we don't have a Witch and this isn't a Coven game. That'd be mad annoying. I'm more used to the mafia roles.
either a witch or Coven most of the time, hosts always have their preferences, with AL I can see a Jester here too

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

Chill my dude, it's a common move with the online version. If you want Day 1 protection, you simply ask for it.
:kata:dropping it is always something that hurts the host and fellow hosts, girl I wanna see your 100% townself here

either a witch or Coven most of the time, hosts always have their preferences, with AL I can see a Jester here too
Well, Coven is out, so it's Mafia. Jester is likely, I feel like Executioner would be a good role to mess with us though. Witch would really just be a pain in the ass to deal with. Especially when more info comes out later in the days.

Rej

Year of the black beard!

evening phase is there to make calls, like call for a protect or call for whatever, so I think it is legit, in the end it is the decision of the LO if he does or not, all we know is that TAC is almost safe to visit, because no Vet would call himself out like that.
Hello all. A game like this is not my cup of tea, or coffee for this matter. Don't know much of the rules, so I will not be making the most intelligent posts. So heed my warning well.
:pepecorn:because you always rolled scum before and then claim something that isn't existent in your result line?

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Well, Coven is out, so it's Mafia. Jester is likely, I feel like Executioner would be a good role to mess with us though. Witch would really just be a pain in the ass to deal with. Especially when more info comes out later in the days.
:pepemwai: we talk about AL here, a crazy host who loves Jesters, similair to how Denim likes Arsonists
I love Witches in the setup, they make someone think twice about possibilities and the ravel up later on is much more intense

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
evening phase is there to make calls, like call for a protect or call for whatever, so I think it is legit, in the end it is the decision of the LO if he does or not, all we know is that TAC is almost safe to visit, because no Vet would call himself out like that.

:pepecorn:because you always rolled scum before and then claim something that isn't existent in your result line?
Contrary to that thought, If I'm ever vet on the first day I'll try to bait people to visit me with "LO / TP on me", see if any Maf or scum are dumb enough to visit me.

Though, different formats, maybe it's not a strategy in the forum version. But if I were a vet, I'd def be drawing attention to myself.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
:pepemwai: we talk about AL here, a crazy host who loves Jesters, similair to how Denim likes Arsonists
I love Witches in the setup, they make someone think twice about possibilities and the ravel up later on is much more intense
Tbh, I wouldn't mind Jester. Very innocuous roles. Executioners can be right bastards. Witches....

Just, awful. Especially if a Witch gets a vig and starts firing, or makes you run into a Vet.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Is there any tutorial to learn about ToS in simple language that can make me understand about game mechanics? Al link is too complicated....

There's a clear logical fallacy in TAC's behaviour if you asked me.

Claiming for night protection presupposes that the Town has acknowledged aforementioned as the best player to focus protection on, but the game has just started and this is not the case. And he has been self proclaiming.

A good way to gain town cred. for a scum is by playing mind games by which the entire game roster can be subdued.

For example the fact he didn't claim his role but only mentioned the vig argument with a "see-not see through" play, which technically puts him in a state of comfort, or at least augments such.

For instance he mentioned how Jester is an innocuous role and also focused his attention on the Witch role, implying a Witch could control him during the night, which wouldn't be possible if he was a Vig on alert.

All this to me feels like either Jester or Mafia behaviour. We will see.

I learned quite some interesting facts regarding ToS and it's safe to say if we (all the townies) play our role, we can easily overpower the evildoers. So, lets make sure of it.:sabogood:

Status
Not open for further replies.