Questions & Mysteries Sanji’s BBP fight

Who will Sanji fight

• Total voters

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
For Lafitte (and all the original Blackbeard Pirates, I suppose, applies to Burgess as well) I just ask the question of why he was made the navigator, the role opposed to Nami, instead of a chef or a musician.

Sanji vs Lafitte would just be a fight, really, the two don’t have any interesting connections that can play off each other. Luffy vs Blackbeard, D’s with opposing views of freedom, Zoro vs Shiryu, sword fight with Shiryu also being a tsujigiri which Zoro finds despicable, Chopper vs Q, doctors with animal connections, doctors should save people and not blow them up with apples, Ussop vs Auger, can have a swordsman fight.

Sanji’s thing is he’s a cook who feeds all and hates it being wasted, he loves women (too much), and now post-skip he has his Germa connection that he’s coming to terms with. Lafitte, with what little we know about him, doesn’t challenge any of that in any interesting way. Neither does Burgess. Pizarro at least has his North Blue connection, with none of the Blackbeard Pirates being chefs, that‘s the thing that really stands out to me as a counterpart to Sanji.

Of course, we don’t know much at all about the Blackbeard Pirates yet. We could find out Lafitte’s reputation for brutality comes with him specifically enjoying to beat women, that would then be him pretty much setup as a fight for Sanji.

But with the information we have right now, I have to go with Pizarro.

Who told you that he is first mate even?:gokulaugh:

And Burgess doesn't fit Zoro much. He too weak.
So King isn't 'first mate' then? Why he fighting him? Burgess coming back stronger, Idk why you guys think he is not apart of group anymore :kayneshrug:.
Post automatically merged:

Idk why anyone don't think Sanji still can't fight Shiryu given fact he is second-in-command of the BB ship while Burgess is first-in-command of the first ship. From how Oda talks about Zoro and Sanji facing top guys, it be Zoro vs Burgess and Sanji vs Shiryu. It make sense on Zoro facing first mate guys and Sanji facing left-hand ones.

So King isn't 'first mate' then? Why he fighting him? Burgess coming back stronger, Idk why you guys think he is not apart of group anymore :kayneshrug:.
Post automatically merged:

Idk why anyone don't think Sanji still can't fight Shiryu given fact he is second-in-command of the BB ship while Burgess is first-in-command of the first ship. From how Oda talks about Zoro and Sanji facing top guys, it be Zoro vs Burgess and Sanji vs Shiryu. It make sense on Zoro facing first mate guys and Sanji facing left-hand ones.
How do you relate Burgess with King exactly? You're stretching it now. And using headcanon to push the agenda.

I don’t get why Sanji fans would want Sanji to fight Burgess.

He’s not that strong
He’s already damaged goods
He’s got no strong connections to Sanji
His fighting style is not that interesting
And I would say that he’s not that interesting of a character

Zoro fights first mate guys, Burgess is the one he is fighting and Sanji fights the left-hand ones being Shiryu.
Burgess is weak as shit pre time skip he had a lower bounty than Doc Q(choppers fight), Laffite(Sanji’s fight) and Van auger(usopps fight) so the only way Zoro vs Burgess happens is if Usopp, Sanji and Chopper>Zoro

How do you relate Burgess with King exactly? You're stretching it now. And using headcanon to push the agenda.
It's canon. Oda states Burgess is BB's first mate. Your on headcannons here.
Burgess is weak as shit pre time skip he had a lower bounty than Doc Q(choppers fight), Laffite(Sanji’s fight) and Van auger(usopps fight) so the only way Zoro vs Burgess happens is if Usopp, Sanji and Chopper>Zoro
Burgess is first mate, Oda stated on him. Why you think he isn't coming back stronger and not apart of the crew? Zoro vs Burgess is happening while Sanji vs Shiryu is more to happen on their left-hands too.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
I get that, but Oda put Zoro and Sanji facing top guys of the crew while Luffy fight the captain of them.
Lafitte is the Chief of Staff.
Since we don't know what exactly means the number of the ships, if it's power or whatever, Lafitte is the de facto second in command.
It's pretty reasonable to assume he's one of the strongest members.

Lafitte is the Chief of Staff.
Since we don't know what exactly means the number of the ships, if it's power or whatever, Lafitte is the de facto second in command.
It's pretty reasonable to assume he's one of the strongest members.
Why is he not 2nd ship though? Shiryu is, not him. Chief of Staff is more like Nami's position who keep everything in check when Luffy isn't talking there to be honest. Not saying Zoro and Sanji don't lead the crew too, but not same as we talking about.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Why is he not 2nd ship though? Shiryu is, not him. Chief of Staff is more like Nami's position who keep everything in check when Luffy isn't talking there to be honest. Not saying Zoro and Sanji don't lead the crew too, but not same as we talking about.
Chief of Staff is literally a position for the 2nd in command. See "Sabo".