Powers & Abilities Sanji cracking Luffy's skull is canon in the manga

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
They are not. Each time it was a different sfx that mean the same thing
Post automatically merged:

That's really up to you. I think it shows a very impressive AP feat for Sanji that is a bit overlooked imo.
Luffy wasn’t exactly trying to defend himself, but even though it was a solid physical display, I’m still curious why this merited its own thread. The Diable Jambe thread is pretty comprehensive and directly relates to this subject, why not just post this there?

N

NeutralWatcher

Imo this is Sanji's best ap feat

People keep underestimating Sanji's strength so I'll post this here.

Sanji's strength feat:

First thing let's see when Sanji kicks Oven. Sanji broke Oven's neck. See the sfx when Sanji kicks Oven.

See also that Sanji's leg is not black even though he wears white pant and shoes which indicates that Sanji doesn't use armament haki.

This is the same sfx when Queen cracks BM head

Oven also gets bruises after 1 base kick from Sanji without armament haki and DJ

Note that in Vivre Card Oven is said to have the highest durability among Charlotte sons

So basically 1 base kick from Sanji without armament haki breaks a neck of someone who has higher durability than Katakuri. Sanji's physical strength is not to be underestimated.

So we can agree that when Sanji said that « he used the best of his abilties to hurt Luffy », it was because he was hiiting Luffy as hard as he could.

Thanks for your input :cheers:
Well yes at the time. Sanji can only access HM with anger. And Sanji isnt angry at Luffy, instead the opposite. He loves Luffy and doesnt truly want to hurt him. This is the amount of AP he can dish out at the current mindset, and it can still crack Luffy's rubber body:cheers:

WOOW
So, Queen did actually Affect Big Mom????
Hahahaha
I thought there was NOTHING
I see you Queen hahaha.
As for Sanji's scene, I already knew about it before, I mean Luffy lost a tooth which is something rare to happen hahaha.

But Queen scene surprised me, I thought she didn't feel much, and then she passed away once she regained her memory. While Queen's attack was a mere normal attack for her that was just good enough to jog her memory

Here are the sfx's Goki and Baki. Both cracking effects. I didn't find the same thing for the Concasser however
@Chrono
Because Luffy's skull was already powder :milaugh:
Post automatically merged:

Well, it's not impossible that Sanji broke more than ''just'' his nose and teeth - Luffy's whole face is dent in, in that panel.

Edit: And there is also another panel with Sanji kicking him in the face with the SFX sound for crack.

Last edited:
I don't get it.

When the chapter got ut, many of the complaints were that the DJ did nothing to Luffy and looked weak. The crack's sound is a proof that the wound's DJ were severe.

Obviously, Luffy don't have that severe wounds if he defend himself, nothing to debate here, but show the damage that the DJ may cause with a clean hit.
People were saying DJ's hits were healing him. Thats how weak they were. Lmao haters...

I don't get it.

When the chapter got ut, many of the complaints were that the DJ did nothing to Luffy and looked weak. The crack's sound is a proof that the wound's DJ were severe.

Obviously, Luffy don't have that severe wounds if he defend himself, nothing to debate here, but show the damage that the DJ may cause with a clean hit.
Lol this is the whole point of the thread I don't know how it got this cancer so fast. I get that Luffy wasn't defending himself that wasn't the point. The replies here seem to me like I was effective in bring up a poignant topic

Last edited:
this thread is a disgrace.

marvellous how One Piece characters carry on without issue after having their neck broken or their skull cracked.
almost as if nothing of that even happened. gosh.
It's not like it's the same Manga where an Old Men goes on to send Strongest Marine Admiral in the Pit, and thn goes on to beat Teach with a hole in the Chest and the face half blown.

Last edited:
this thread is a disgrace.

marvellous how One Piece characters carry on without issue after having their neck broken or their skull cracked.
almost as if nothing of that even happened. gosh.
Because those kanjis simply aren't solely used when somebody breaks something.

Oda uses them all the time, when heavy pressure/force is used on something.

It's so obvious that Ms.Monday's skull wasn't broken (she was fine the next chapter), Oven's neck didn't snap (he was totally fine, too) and BM's skull didn't crack (she was chilling and laughing like nothing happened on Onigashima).

It's really only Oda's style to depict some of the more heavy impacts.