Chapter Discussion Sanji is being used as a hype tool again

First Vergo then Doflamingo and now King

I get it Oda wants to keep the cool narrative he built where "Sanji come in clutch and save the day" since the start of the series but let's be honest before TS Sanji would come in and save someone and would look badass or have the upperhand doing it (for example he got blasted by Enel and still looked cool) ... But then after TS , it's just so lame like his 4 attempts from memory :

- Stops Vergo and gets his leg hurt and look bad and essentially used as a hype tool for the Law vs Vergo Fight

- Stops Doflamingo from attacking the ship and get his ass beat down and used as a hype tool for the Luffy vs Doffy Fight

- Comes in to help Luffy escape WCI , has no plan and get shot by bullets and saved by his brother Niji

- And now once again comes in to save Momonosuke and will probably get his ass beat down by King to setup whatever fight King gets (Zoro/Kidd...)

it's just sad at this point and I hope i'm wrong and there's more to it where Sanji get back up and hit King back but this is the most likely outcome looking at the pattern oda setup

J

Jo_Ndule

Compares Vergo and Doffy to King
Uses Sanji carrying Luffy in the midst of Yonko army as a downplay

The cacao army> gifters that can't use haki and gepou, have no hax and are trash

Vergo and Doffy were Big bosses of their Arcs
King isn't.

You're just salty Sanji matched King's CoA and kick. And that Zoro didn't clash him.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
Compares Vergo and Doffy to King
Uses Sanji carrying Luffy in the midst of Yonko army as a downplay

The cacao army> gifters that can't use haki and gepou, have no hax and are trash

Vergo and Doffy were Big bosses of their Arcs
King isn't.

You're just salty Sanji matched King's CoA and kick. And that Zoro didn't clash him.
Bro he's literally a Sanji fan, and bar the WCI situation he's saying it as it is.

Sanji's been used too many times as a hype tool post timeskip

I think this time it is kinda different, the encounter with Sanji and King feel something else and not like his encounter with Doffy and Vergo.

When he face Vergo we all know that Sanji didn´t beat the arc main villian, same for Doffy in the begin of the Dressrosa arc.
All these two face the strongest side of the Strawhats, Vergo get take out by Law and Doffy later by Luffy.
This time it is kinda different, King is their to get take out either by one of the strongest Strawhats+teamfight, Sanji or Zoro or probably both gonna take him out later. I see the first encounter similar as Luffy first encounter with Katakuri.

This time I really think that Oda don´t use Sanji as hypetool.

I think this time it is kinda different, the encounter with Sanji and King feel something else and not like his encounter with Doffy and Vergo.

When he face Vergo we all know that Sanji didn´t beat the arc main villian, same for Doffy in the begin of the Dressrosa arc.
All these two face the strongest side of the Strawhats, Vergo get take out by Law and Doffy later by Luffy.
This time it is kinda different, King is their to get take out either by one of the strongest Strawhats+teamfight, Sanji or Zoro or probably both gonna take him out later. I see the first encounter similar as Luffy first encounter with Katakuri.

This time I really think that Oda don´t use Sanji as hypetool.

Vergo wasn't the main villain at the time , it was Ceaser

you could say the same about King as you did for Vergo , he's setup to be taken out by the strongest SH/Supernova that isn't Luffy aka potentially Zoro/Law/Kidd etc ... Also the Clash with Vergo started exactly as this one where Sanji will come out of nowhere get the first hit then get injured

cant we just appreciate sanji was the one who saved momo and got to clash with a YC1?

I don't think you get the point of the post, Sanji could'v saved Momo and clashed with YC1 and not used as hype tool like Oda used to do prior to TS (example : Mr.Prince or vs Absalom ...)

First Vergo then Doflamingo and now King

I get it Oda wants to keep the cool narrative he built where "Sanji come in clutch and save the day" since the start of the series but let's be honest before TS Sanji would come in and save someone and would look badass or have the upperhand doing it (for example he got blasted by Enel and still looked cool) ... But then after TS , it's just so lame like his 4 attempts from memory :

- Stops Vergo and gets his leg hurt and look bad and essentially used as a hype tool for the Law vs Vergo Fight

- Stops Doflamingo from attacking the ship and get his ass beat down and used as a hype tool for the Luffy vs Doffy Fight

- Comes in to help Luffy escape WCI , has no plan and get shot by bullets and saved by his brother Niji

- And now once again comes in to save Momonosuke and will probably get his ass beat down by King to setup whatever fight King gets (Zoro/Kidd...)

it's just sad at this point and I hope i'm wrong and there's more to it where Sanji get back up and hit King back but this is the most likely outcome looking at the pattern oda setup
Somehow i agree

Calm down, Jesus. Your past traumas are haunting you it seems.

One of the main reason Sanji was brought back by Luffy is that "he's super strong" and worth a thousand men, Luffy considered him a valuable asset in war. Also, besides Zoro and Luffy, he's the only Strawhat to receive a very significant boost in terms of power. His Raid Suit will hold up, else by Sanji's own submission he'd die (which ofc isn't happening). So if anything, it's a very good durability feat for RS Sanji. I think there aren't many who'd survive that without getting pierced.

He blocked two kicks, and the only reason he ended up in such position was because he was caught up with saving Momo, looking away and not paying attention to a monster in front of him. I think this was still a very decent showing, especially comparing it to how Luffy faired against Katakuri initially.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
He will stop to use Sanji as hype tool eventually but it seems we arent there yet.
It should happen during Wano since Sanji should get a win, finally.
The size difference between Zoan King and Sanji is ridiculous and Brachiosaurus is even bigger.

I think Calamities are not Sanji's main opponents, his AP is way too low to bring down someone of such caliber and all 3 of them are swordsmen which is the main reason why those fights are impossible for Sanji.
I cant predict his main fight, nobody fits it. P1 fits but no high reward against him, maybe Perospero, he has a history with him as well.

Dude this is not entirely true, it’s a point for sanji IMO dude always comes and saves the day, who else from the tough guys would do it?

I would go with jinbe but since this is his first fight as a SH, Oda must give him some spotlight, aye?

I think sanji is doing fine, him and king parring each other tells you how strong sanji is and how much confidence he has in himself.

i believe sanji will get his fight this arc, there are just too many villains to not have a fight ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Calm down, Jesus. Your past traumas are haunting you it seems.

One of the main reason Sanji was brought back by Luffy is that "he's super strong" and worth a thousand men, Luffy considered him a valuable asset in war. Also, besides Zoro and Luffy, he's the only Strawhat to receive a very significant boost in terms of power. His Raid Suit will hold up, else by Sanji's own submission he'd die (which ofc isn't happening). So if anything, it's a very good durability feat for RS Sanji. I think there aren't many who'd survive that without getting pierced.

He blocked two kicks, and the only reason he ended up in such position was because he was caught up with saving Momo, looking away and not paying attention to a monster in front of him. I think this was still a very decent showing, especially comparing it to how Luffy faired against Katakuri initially.
Plus Luffy hasn't seen the RS in action. People are thinking this is a hype moment for King but Oda could just flip the script and show Sanji is okay next chapter to hype the RS. In that scenario king would have been used as hype tool by Sanji :myman:

He will stop to use Sanji as hype tool eventually but it seems we arent there yet.
It should happen during Wano since Sanji should get a win, finally.
The size difference between Zoan King and Sanji is ridiculous and Brachiosaurus is even bigger.

I think Calamities are not Sanji's main opponents, his AP is way too low to bring down someone of such caliber and all 3 of them are swordsmen which is the main reason why those fights are impossible for Sanji.
I cant predict his main fight, nobody fits it. P1 fits but no high reward against him, maybe Perospero, he has a history with him as well.
Seconded. Sanji is gonna fight P1, I think. Tobi Roppo is equivalent to BM veterans. Wouldn't be surprised if P1's bounty is 100-200 million above Sanji's.

I actually wanted to see Zoro vs King and Sanji vs Queen, but this chapter makes Zoro vs King and Kidd vs Queen more likely.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Plus Luffy hasn't seen the RS in action. People are thinking this is a hype moment for King but Oda could just flip the script and show Sanji is okay next chapter to hype the RS. In that scenario king would have been used as hype tool by Sanji :myman:
Of course he is okay, what do you expect, him to die? lol
However, considering that Marco's healing abilities are there, he might be messed up quite a lot.
I still think he managed to escape but the "UWAAAH!" seems to say otherwise...

Seconded. Sanji is gonna fight P1, I think. Tobi Roppo is equivalent to BM veterans. Wouldn't be surprised if P1's bounty is 100-200 million above Sanji's.
I actually wanted to see Zoro vs King and Sanji vs Queen, but this chapter makes Zoro vs King and Kidd vs Queen more likely.
Yeah, Tobi Roppo are on the edge of being a Calamity and PageOne can trash Sanji without there being danger for his life since he isnt using swords or anything alike, just his claws. However, I still feel like P1 isnt rewarding enough of a fight for Sanjino but who knows, maybe there is more to P1 than the eye can see...

Kidd indeed has some personal issues with Queen while Zoro is one of the very few who can actually deal with King's combat style so yeah, it is either Zoro or Law who will deal with King but most likely Zoro.