Character Discussion Sanji might fight Avalo Pizarro.

What do you think?

• Yeah Sanji vs Pizarro

Votes: 42 42.9%
  • Nope, it's Sanji vs Laffitte

Votes: 27 27.6%
  • It's Sanji vs Burgess

Votes: 14 14.3%
  • None of them

Votes: 15 15.3%

• Total voters
I have a soft spot for Burgess. He is a loser like our Sanji :josad:
Moreover he got the lamest of all possible power ups, again like Sanji. They both got physically stronger thanks to an external power up while keeping the same fighting style/appearance :crybeard:

@RayanOO @Doggo I'm confused again. (Diamond) Drunken Fist Vasco, (Diamond) Angel Laffitte and Kaioken Burgess all look amazing. Help :perocry:
To be fair, Sanji's old problem/weakness is his AP, but his theme is speed. Base strength bonus is the only thing that logically covers both his weakness & advantage.

The problem is how much bonus it is. Great 5 strength bonus allowed Luffy to play Kaido like a rope, but Exo strength bonus has no indicator.

I have a soft spot for Burgess. He is a loser like our Sanji :josad:
Moreover he got the lamest of all possible power ups, again like Sanji. They both got physically stronger thanks to an external power up while keeping the same fighting style/appearance :crybeard:

@RayanOO @Doggo I'm confused again. (Diamond) Drunken Fist Vasco, (Diamond) Angel Laffitte and Kaioken Burgess all look amazing. Help :perocry:
Burgess seems strong as hell now, casually throwing a mountain at someone in the post timeskip isn't a feat to sleep on

Anti Manner Kick Course could make a comeback..

I can't see Laffitte being a brutal opponent that will give trouble to Sanji. Only Pizarro and Burgess could fit these scenarios for me right now
:josad:

sanji vs. aokiji

It is together with Shiryu the strongest after BB
Post automatically merged:

Whether he fights Laffitte, Pizarro or the tooth fairy, downplayers won't be able to escape the fact that whoever his opponent is will be monstrously powerful and as per usually shown butting heads with Shiryu while holding a bounty and position within the crew close to his. This entire conversation stems from people trying to pick the BBP that they think looks the worst not realizing that it ultimately doesn't matter because when the time comes he will look like one of the most powerful characters in the story.

Personally I'm waiting to see which BBP is most involved with Pudding. The far more interesting topic should be what exactly is the story/narrative going to be for Sanjis next fight, we know it'll involve someone who he cares about and has history with. His fight already has more going for it than any other straw hats bar Luffys and it hasn't even started yet. Oda already putting this much build up into Sanjis next fight should excite and satisfy Sanji fans more than who he'll fight, because if you're worried about feats and portrayal.....don't worry.
damn you are absolutely right

ode to set to luffy vs BB
zoro vs shiryu

and now its setting up sanji vs whoever captured pudding

that could well be kuzan.

Remember, Sanji was not even going to forgive Jinbe even so Nami forgave him, it all depended on Jinbe's own mouth, in the end Sanji forgives him.

how will sanji forgive kuzan or whoever captured pudding?

sanji vs kuzan is the hot take.

Last edited:
To be fair, Sanji's old problem/weakness is his AP, but his theme is speed. Base strength bonus is the only thing that logically covers both his weakness & advantage.

The problem is how much bonus it is. Great 5 strength bonus allowed Luffy to play Kaido like a rope, but Exo strength bonus has no indicator.
Speed is weight. So the faster Sanji's kicks gets, the stronger his kicks will be.

Honestly till we found out how the Blackbeard Pirates' bounty hierachy goes, there's no way to tell for sure who's fighting Sanji lol. So far the only 4 concrete match ups are
Luffy-Blackbeard
Zoro-Shiryuu
Ussop-Augur
Chopper-Doc Q
Aside from Devon you can make argument for Sanji to fight literally anyone else for the rest of the Blackbeard Pirates (yes even Aokiji but highly unlikely)

Loved all connections you made with Sanji's past opponents.

Here's another detail to add on why Sanji will fight Pizarro. In the SBS or One Piece Wiki, it was revealed that Pizarro's favorite food is Shark Fin Soup. So you're asking who cares? Well Shark Fin Soup is a controversial dish around the world because of poachers harming sharks and other similar species for their fins. You can type it up right now and find dozens of these articles talking about this issue. Pizarro is likely to be depicted as a hedonist who will hunt and eat rare animals for the pleasure and thus as act the "Cook" of the Blackbeard Pirates.

Sanji's Dream is finding the All Blue, a sea that is connected by all four seas and will have access to all types of fish and other wildlife which would be a chef's dream. Knowing Sanji, he would be a responsible steward that would take care of the seas and avoid species that are endangered.

Now imagine an evil pirate like Pizarro who found the All-Blue, it would be an environmental disaster because someone like Pizarro would not give a damn about the wildlife and hunt and kill whatever he pleases. Which is very reminiscent of his namesake the Pizarro Brothers who ransacked and destroyed the Incan Empire. Pizarro would be Sanji's worst nightmare and the latter would have strong motivation to defeat this Evil Thunder Cat knockoff. This detail alone is why I think Pizarro will be Sanji's BB opponent

Welcome to Sanji vs Wizarro train @Julius
I still expect the Blackbeard fights to actually incorporate the roles they have.

So if we’re talking Lafitte, he’s a navigator. He‘s a hypnotist. He has wings. All that is pointing, to me, of him being a Siren. Siren’s being famous for luring sailors to their deaths with their voices.

So I’m seeing Nami vs Lafitte not just being a physical fight, but Lafitte having trapped a collection of ships at sea and luring them to their defeat, and Nami having to use her navigational ability to rescue them, then defeat him. Also fits since Oda, tbh, really doesn’t care for drawing traditional fights anymore.

For Sanji, he’ll be going up against Pizarro, who is exemplifying all the worst traits of Judge and Germa. Maybe leading an army of slaves, who he’s starving with the promise that they can eat once they attack a town or something like that. Throw in him attacking a woman and throwing himself a gluttonous feast where he wastes food, and that’s everything Sanji hates in one.

Doc Q can be releasing viruses that Chopper needs to overcome (maybe Viruses that give Doc Q and Stronger a physical boost)
Auger being a teleporting sniper that Usopp unlocks FS to defeat
Shiryu indiscriminately slaughtering people
Franky’s definitely turning the Sunny into a Mecha to fight Wolf the Colossal Battleship
Can have Jinbei trying to helm Noah, full of Fishmen, to escape the destruction of FI while Burgess is trying to destroy it with Blackbeard’s flagship, or even Pluton
Devon using her DF to try and hunt down a woman important to the true history like Vivi or Shirahoshi, while Robin tries to stop her
Brook and Shot having some strange music battle like a sing off or something

Oda can do a lot of really interesting things with role based fights. He can even combine some as well (ship battles featuring the Navigators, Shipwrights and Helmsmen).
I always thought it would be cool if Franky, Nami and Jinbei facr Wolf, Laffitte and Burgess together in a 3v3

Van Augur sneaking in attacka to other character and warping his own from danger, while Usopp has to find a solution to counter him or some shit

Here's another detail to add on why Sanji will fight Pizarro. In the SBS or One Piece Wiki, it was revealed that Pizarro's favorite food is Shark Fin Soup. So you're asking who cares? Well Shark Fin Soup is a controversial dish around the world because of poachers harming sharks and other similar species for their fins. You can type it up right now and find dozens of these articles talking about this issue. Pizarro is likely to be depicted as a hedonist who will hunt and eat rare animals for the pleasure and thus as act the "Cook" of the Blackbeard Pirates.
what better to hunt and cook then, than the strawhat's emergency food, a humanoid reindeer?