Character Discussion Sanji might fight Avalo Pizarro.

What do you think?

• Yeah Sanji vs Pizarro

Votes: 42 42.9%
  • Nope, it's Sanji vs Laffitte

Votes: 27 27.6%
  • It's Sanji vs Burgess

Votes: 14 14.3%
  • None of them

Votes: 15 15.3%

• Total voters
I get that. But it's such a minor panel I don't think it's a big deal at all. You'd need a magnifying glass to see what's going on. Pizzarro is on the island rn, let's see what he does.

And the cats out of the bag since Greenbull vs King and Queen, Oda's not too worried about every little panel to save face for these commanders.

Wasn't Lafitte a fodder to pre skip Ace in a numbers advantage? Why is that more appealing than the level 6 inmate pre timeskip, who got a major df buff?
lafitte snuck into mariejois prets didnt he
def felt like the most competent of the bunch prets
and also has the chief of staff ? sabo's role now.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
But the at least no visible Ls
I take it over a neg dif
Lmfao..such a childish mindset.

Pizzarro seems like the rowdy type anyway, like Teach who might look bad initially but takes over as the situation unfolds. One panel of him being semi frozen or w.e hardly means much when in that same panel Teach is sweating begging Kuzan to join.
Post automatically merged:

lafitte snuck into mariejois prets didnt he
def felt like the most competent of the bunch prets
and also has the chief of staff ? sabo's role now.
I'm not saying it's not possible. Laffitte is very sus. But he was def weaker than the level 6 inmates preskip based off the Ace fight. And Pizzarro is the more prominent of the bunch.

Lmfao..such a childish mindset.

Pizzarro seems like the rowdy type anyway, like Teach who might look bad initially but takes over as the situation unfolds. One panel of him being semi frozen or w.e hardly means much when in that same panel Teach is sweating begging Kuzan to join.
Im just saying all them look bad except lafy
No way I want Sanji fighting them

And just not have them frozen
It’s not hard 2 not show them looking bad

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Pizarro looks ok, this is an overreaction. We're talking about Kuzan here, he's folding any commander, it's no secret.

It's debatable if Teach was even stronger than Kuzan, that's what 1081 was telling us.

And we don't know when Pizzarro gained his fruit anyway.
I dont think this forum & the Sanji fandom can handle one of the last fights of Sanji being a Pica regen.

well he most likely does
but oda wouldnt put a top commander in that position this early as an expendable hypetool
before we are even in the arc.
Thats what i said in the Sanji FC

Only Big Mom was posed as an actual threat against Queen before he fought Sanji, and despite anyone's opinions about Big Mom, she is still called one of the Emperors. Queen was the main antagonist at the start of Wano basically.

Even against Marco, Queen didn't cared enough for him, Marco was the one needing to sneak attack Queen from time to time, who didn't even reacted accordingly to all the effort Marco was putting there, Queen was simply disrespecting him at the end.

Then we have Sanji's next enemy getting treated like that by Kuzan? It feels like a huge downgrade in portrayal compared to what we would expect at this point of the story, and for no good reason or payoff actually.

Meanwhile Laffitte is constantly showing to be exactly what i was expecting, at least in terms of character and portrayal (we still don't know how strong he can be for real)

Although i recognize this could be all just a massive overreaction anyways

I mean, wasn't Sanji's victory due to him catching Queen off guard?
What im saying is, Queen simply treated Marco as an annoying bird.

He never looked at Marco like someone who could beat him, like he did against Big Mom only, even if he recognized Marco's strength, he never stopped disrespecting him.

And Sanji and Queen were already in the middle of a 1vs1, you can't look at me and act like everyone on Sanji's situation would manage to put up the exact same feat he did by detecting Queen's invisibility and hitting him hard and fast enough for him to not be able to react, and before he even hit the Geisha that was a few inches away from him.

What im saying is, Queen simply treated Marco as an annoying bird.

He never looked at Marco like someone who could beat him, like he did against Big Mom only, even if he recognized Marco's strength, he never stopped disrespecting him.

And Sanji and Queen were already in the middle of a 1vs1, you can't look at me and act like everyone on Sanji's situation would manage to put up the exact same feat he did by detecting Queen's invisibility and hitting him hard and fast enough for him to not be able to react, and before he even hit the Geisha that was a few inches away from him.
I can think of several characters capable of beating Queen tbh.

Last edited:
Thats what i said in the Sanji FC

Only Big Mom was posed as an actual threat against Queen before he fought Sanji, and despite anyone's opinions about Big Mom, she is still called one of the Emperors. Queen was the main antagonist at the start of Wano basically.

Even against Marco, Queen didn't cared enough for him, Marco was the one needing to sneak attack Queen from time to time, who didn't even reacted accordingly to all the effort Marco was putting there, Queen was simply disrespecting him at the end.

Then we have Sanji's next enemy getting treated like that by Kuzan? It feels like a huge downgrade in portrayal compared to what we would expect at this point of the story, and for no good reason or payoff actually.

Meanwhile Laffitte is constantly showing to be exactly what i was expecting, at least in terms of character and portrayal (we still don't know how strong he can be for real)

Although i recognize this could be all just a massive overreaction
anyways
It isn't an overreaction, we're talking about an opponent that is going to be close to Shiryu in power who will definitely be Beckman caliber. Sanjis final pirate opponent is going to get a certain level of respect and if its Pizarro then I expect some big moves from him very soon, if not then anyone thinking it's him just has an agenda. As it stands I'm putting my money on BB's Chief of Staff, which is the closest thing to a Wing position you can have alongside First mate. How King and Queen looked against GB is irrelevant since we're talking about considerably stronger antagonists here, ones that will be stronger than Current Zoro and Sanji. This also has nothing to do with Pizarro having a Pica like fruit, Shiryu has the same ability as two of Sanjis previous opponents, but the fight between him and Zoro makes sense. Sanji doesn't require anything to destroy wood and bedrock nor detect Pizarro which is basic Observation. Burgess is also way to simple, good luck hitting Sanji with a mountain if a laser beam isn't hitting him. Vasco shot?.......what is he going to make Sanji drunk and have him slip on some sake?....lets be real these fights make no sense. Laffitte can fly, he's smart, he can get in Sanjis head and is definitely shown to be a speedster who can hide his presence to such a point where he's able to infiltrate Mariejois. This is a Sanji opponent. Stop mistaking quirkiness for weakness.

It more possible sanji vs Pizarro which it got parallel with shiryu like king and queen .

Jesus burgress is good choice for to test sanji strength but he can be jinbel opponent.

Pizarro is island man which it is pica on steroid mean it will make sanji a top tier as island level buster AP.
‘Sanji would be stronger than big mom at least when he fight Pizarro.

I get that. But it's such a minor panel I don't think it's a big deal at all. You'd need a magnifying glass to see what's going on. Pizzarro is on the island rn, let's see what he does.

And the cats out of the bag since Greenbull vs King and Queen, Oda's not too worried about every little panel to save face for these commanders.

Wasn't Lafitte a fodder to pre skip Ace in a numbers advantage? Why is that more appealing than the level 6 inmate pre timeskip, who got a major df buff?
King and Queen were not only in a weakened stated but they'd already fulfilled their purpose in the story.
Both getting negg'd by Greenbull has little consequence going forward.
Zoro and Sanji's opponents getting negg'd however does and the consequence of Oda not treating them that way even if one might believe Kuzan is stronger than the two is that is leaves how both would fair against Kuzan up in the air which can only be a good ting.

And no, Laffite never fought Ace. Unlike all the others he didn't careless rush in and get his ass kicked. He however showed pretty good speed when he dodged one of Ace's large AoE attacks iirc.

Lastly on the level 6 prisoner ting, Vasco is also Level 6 prisoner and he's gotten negg'd now in 2/3 appearances post-ts. Pizarro getting negg'd along with him this chapter is an awful sign for his stocks. If anything at this point, the fact that Pizarro is a Level 6 prisoner is dragging him down. We know Vasco is fodder, Sanji is defo not fighting Catarina or Wolf, so Pizzaro being a level 6 prisoner is not at all appealing as a Sanji fight.

Honestly it's pointless to pin point exactly who is fighting Sanji so at this point it's just based on your personal taste really
Yeah, but defaulting to Laffitte just cause he hasn't taken Ls just screams of Sanji fans wanting to side with whoever has the most "stocks"in the whole powerscaling debate so they don't look bad. :kayneshrug:

Pizarro and Burgess were always up there in the conversation of who Sanji's opponent could be, Laffitte has always been more in the conversation of being a Nami or Brook fight. But since people have the powerscaling mindrot they treat every single interaction as some kind of clear foreshadowing from Oda, and of course he wouldn't give an L to Sanji's opponent cause he clearly cares that much :noo:

Blackbeard is clearly being set up as one of the final villains and someone Luffy will have to fight head on yet he still took damage from Law, but no one's going to question his strenght just cause of one interaction.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
King and Queen were not only in a weakened stated but they'd already fulfilled their purpose in the story.
Both getting negg'd by Greenbull has little consequence going forward.
Zoro and Sanji's opponents getting negg'd however does and the consequence of Oda not treating them that way even if one might believe Kuzan is stronger than the two is that is leaves how both would fair against Kuzan up in the air which can only be a good ting.

And no, Laffite never fought Ace. Unlike all the others he didn't careless rush in and get his ass kicked. He however showed pretty good speed when he dodged one of Ace's large AoE attacks iirc.

Lastly on the level 6 prisoner ting, Vasco is also Level 6 prisoner and he's gotten negg'd now in 2/3 appearances post-ts. Pizarro getting negg'd along with him this chapter is an awful sign for his stocks. If anything at this point, the fact that Pizarro is a Level 6 prisoner is dragging him down. We know Vasco is fodder, Sanji is defo not fighting Catarina or Wolf, so Pizzaro being a level 6 prisoner is not at all appealing as a Sanji fight.
Overreaction, it was a tiny panel and we don't know if Pizzaro could or couldn't escape yet. GB actually ended King and Queen for good so it's not the exact same thing.

Oda hasn't even done anything for Shiryu yet, Pizzarro can easily get his hype when it's time.

For the record I have no idea who Sanji is facing.

I mean yeah pizzaro got an instant L against Kuzan. But hey Sanji's opponents also get L so it's not a new thing.

And who knows maybe Pizzaro just got his DF recently.
DF increases his power but it's obvious that he doesn't have the haki facilities, 1 year ago he couldn't pull a Dofla level feat and that won't change because of a DF and the same applies to most of the BBP.