Speculations Sanji vs Queen is probably over, and Zoro vs King will be just as underwhelming (one chapter more)

Thoughts?

• It’s possible but I really hope not

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • It’s likely, Oda’s fights in Wano tend to be unsatisfying

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • It’s unlikely, Zoro is special so his fight we’ll be a banger

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • It’s obvious, Zoro one shots opponents after a new ability/power up

Votes: 10 13.2%

• Total voters

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
I must be in minority bcs so far i enjoyed Queen and King fights

Sanji is fighting literal incarnation of everything he hates and what caused him childhood trauma. He got his soul crushed bcs he believed he will become like his siblings. On top of that he was fighting every possible arsenal of weapons you can imagine with Queen being a somehwat a natural counter to Sanji bcs of durability. Regardless of that Sanji ascended as a character and as a fighter, found his resolve and beat the shit out of Queen mid diff

Zoro on other hand is fighting someone that literally isn't just - me swing sword harder. So far Zoro's enemies have been underwhelming post TS and IMO outside of Kaido this is first proper fight in NW zoro got. King is literally pushing zoro to the extreme and per Zoro's own words he is outclassed, which is fantastic bcs that's what always made Zoro fights good.

Queen will obv get up 1 more chapter - 2 max, same as King.

1 chapter and a half, the next one will still have a part of Queen and Sanji, announcing their defeat and the current state of Sanji, then we will have 1+ chapter and a half to submit King and end the fights of the commanders and closing the volume.

we'll finally see Yonkou's fights>

Kid and Law vs Big Mom
Luffy vs Kaido

end of wano

Bogard

You can't win
King needs at least 2 more chapters. He has been dominating all the fight with his secret still unknown

- One chapter to reveal the secret(and maybe a development around his real face / race) behind his ability to turn the tables in Zoro's favor
- Another for the battle conclusion

And Oda may even develop things around his face / race more since it seems EOS relevant, with King seemingly not wanting anyone to know and thus pushing him to get angry

Furthermore, looking at the location their battle shifted in(under the basement - probably near the weapons Yamato us aiming at disabling) with his wildfire related abilities, it's not even impossible that Oda could create a higher lvl of threat around this, maybe even taking advantage of this for Yamato to end up meeting them(although not very necessary, she could very well just end up meeting Zoro after the battle)

In either case, the way Oda developed this battle doesn't make sense for it only to have 1 chapter left. There should be more development around it

King needs at least 2 more chapters. He has been dominating all the fight with his secret still unknown

- One chapter to reveal the secret(and maybe a development around his real face / race) behind his ability to turn the tables in Zoro's favor
- Another for the battle conclusion

And Oda may even develop things around his face / race more since it seems EOS relevant, with King seemingly not wanting anyone to know and thus pushing him to get angry

Furthermore, looking at the location their battle shifted in(under the basement - probably near the weapons Yamato us aiming at disabling) with his wildfire related abilities, it's not even impossible that Oda could create a higher lvl of threat around this, maybe even taking advantage of this for Yamato to end up meeting them(although not very necessary, she could very well just end up meeting Zoro after the battle)

In either case, the way Oda developed this battle doesn't make sense for it only to have 1 chapter left. There should be more development around it
Oda : bogard is out here thinking I'm gonna spend much effort on King to get 2 more chapters

We never saw WsW face, I won't put my expectations high to see King's face

In total theres been 3 chapters of Sanji Vs Q

1 where he got his bones broken
1 where he ran away
1 where he beat Q

There were 2 misc. chapters tho

1 where Q went hybrid
1 that was a tag team with Z and K in the mix

Unless Oda counta that tag team chapter as a Zoro one Zoro is 2 chapters behind Sanji in his match Vs King

Oda often likes to give a character a major character development chapter before having them defeat their 1v1 opponent.

In Sanji’s case, the character development chapter was chapter 1031 where he destroyed the raid suit. The next chapter in the fight, 1034, has Sanji defeat Queen in one chapter. Although people may not be convinced that Queen is down because of the lack of payoff, Jack and the Tobiroppo were also incredibly unsatisfying, and the chapter had all the characteristics of a finisher chapter.

In Zoro’s case, the character development chapter was 1032 where he finally tamed Enma and starting coating his blades in COC. I think the probability that Zoro figures out King’s ability in a single chapter and then one shots him is incredibly high. This would match the general development -> fight end pattern, as well as many of Zoro’s other fights. He tends to one shot his opponent (Mr. 1, Kaku) as soon as he powers up.

There are two major counters to this idea, both of which I think fall apart if you actually think about them:
1) King still seems confident even though Zoro has COC coating.
There are two problems with this as a rebuttal. This first of which is that Zoro defeating King is dependent on Zoro figuring out the secret behind King’s durability/Lunarian hax, not just on having COC. That likely won’t be revealed until just before King gets defeated. The second is that King tends to be calm in any given scenario other than his mask being damaged. This parallels Marco and Katakuri, particularly Marco who is calm/confident even in front of characters like Big Mom and Akainu.

2) We still need more info and King’s backstory.
We will definitey see King’s mask break, but I’m actually starting think we won’t learn the full story of the Lunarians until after the fight/raid, and potentially even after Wano itself. I thought we would get MADS info from Queen, but we didn’t.
I think it's unlikely for Zoro vs King to conclude next chapter, if only for the flashbacks.

Back in Dressrosa, we had two flashbacks: Law's and Doflamingo's. While King's role is obviously not as substantial as Law is, we could divide the flashbacks like this:

Law's: Meeting Doffy who was a rookie pirate until before the Dressrosa takeover
Doffy's: Origin story and exploits that led to being a rookie pirate.

Similarly, King's and Kaido's flashbacks could be structured the same way:

King's: Lunarian flashback, meeting Kaido, the founding of Beast Pirates until before meeting Orochi the first time
Kaido's: Origin story, life as an apprentice in Rox pirates, final fight between Rox Pirates against Roger and Garp, receiving the Uo Uo from Linlin and becoming a rookie pirate until before meeting King the first time

The thing about MADS was we could still have some look into it during Vegapunk's portion of the story, whereas we won't know what happen to the Lunarians unless we see it from King himself (otherwise Queen the loudmouth would have spilled it). I think we will only get King's flashback after Zoro breaks his mask completely, though.