Powers & Abilities Sanji's exoskeleton drawback

Do you think Sanji's powerup will have a drawback?

• Yes

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 76.7%

• Total voters
Something I've rarely seen mentioned is the possibility that Sanji's PU might actually have a drawback.
We all know regarding sudden powerups or ultimate moves, Oda loves his drawbacks. G4, Monster Point, Franky's cola reserves and even Robin's latest finisher all have in common that a sudden increase in power is immediately followed by massive exhaustion. And in fact both Luffy and Zoro have experienced instant regeneration, Luffy by the use of Ivankov's hormones and Zoro through the magic senzu bean, with the drawback being that once the effects wear off, they both return to being immobile.

So, what if the same will apply with Sanji? I understand that Germa have this powerup as a passive, but it's also established that Sanji is not fully a Germa either, as well as Sanji being a good character, which all rely on these sort of drawback transformations.
If Sanji's PU were transformative, and not a passive:
- He'd still retain his humanity outside of combat
- He'd still be able to have gags with Nami punching him
- It'd make fights more exciting as he's giving himself a time limit

So, if Sanji's PU actually had a drawback after the fight, would that change your opinion of the power? Would it be more balanced and acceptable?

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
If the drawback is some nonsense about Sanji “losing his emotions” then no, it’s still shit, because I know that’s getting resolved in two chapters and isn’t actually a disadvantage in a fight.

Ultimately though- does it need a drawback? I don’t remember the Vinsmokes being especially OP despite having a RS and an exoskeleton. Sanji has not turned into Marco here.

My problem with these powerups is more where they come from, not how strong they are. I don’t think Sanji having the same stuff as Yonji is all that earthshaking, powerwise. Tougher skin, stronger attacks, quicker recovery, honestly, it’s a bit like he’s eaten a dino DF.

I doubt it will have draw backs I mean just look at his siblings they never had any draw backs from there's, it's not like it effect s his body in a negative way, but I could be wrong because Sanji might have to get use to it but let's wait & see but overall it's a damn awesome Pu that was bound to come & I love it :finally:

Everyone is assuming Sanji has regeneration , i don't think so , he regenerated because he's bones evolved to become an exoskeleton, he's not regenerating whenever he wants to, otherwise the vinsmoke siblings would have been FAR FAR more impressive against the big mom pirates.
As far as the durability , we know their skin is invulnerable to regular materials like bullets , thats why Queen regular sword broke , we don't know what would happen if Queen punched Sanji directly.
Therefore there is no need for a drawback otherwise Sanji would be too weak
Post automatically merged:

Zoro's power up will be disgustingly powerful , that's why oda had the time limit thing with the medicine, this way he can't nuke the plot for a good piece of next arc

Everyone is assuming Sanji has regeneration , i don't think so , he regenerated because he's bones evolved to become an exoskeleton, he's not regenerating whenever he wants to, otherwise the vinsmoke siblings would have been FAR FAR more impressive against the big mom pirates.
As far as the durability , we know their skin is invulnerable to regular materials like bullets , thats why Queen regular sword broke , we don't know what would happen if Queen punched Sanji directly.

Zoro's power up will be disgustingly powerful , that's why oda had the time limit thing with the medicine, this way he can't nuke the plot for a good piece of next arc
We literally saw queen punch sanji with his mecha arm and it did nothing, and that wasn't even with his exoskeleton.

I can only think about him becoming a pig like Luffy and needed to eat a lot of food because he will need more energy for his new body, which obviously is not really a drawback xd.

Maybe he will lose his emotions, temporarily, and he will change his fightning style, temporarily, making him overconfident on his new body and tanking any shit from Queen. This assuming the fight will not end in the next 5 minutes lol.

The way his bones broke makes me belive that he already had the exoskeleton at that point, so he indeed healed himself rather than just grow them afterwards, but I think his regen only applies to his exoskeleton and not other injuries like his skin getting ripped or damaged organs

Sanji doesn't have hardships and stuff he has to overcome like Luffy and Zoro. Think about all his powerups. Luffy and Zoro gears and Swords all come with learning curves and drawbacks. Sanji was handed a RS and its easy to use. Now he has Exoskeleton and he stands their a blocks swords.

I can only think about him becoming a pig like Luffy and needed to eat a lot of food because he will need more energy for his new body, which obviously is not really a drawback xd.

Maybe he will lose his emotions, temporarily, and he will change his fightning style, temporarily, making him overconfident on his new body and tanking any shit from Queen. This assuming the fight will not end in the next 5 minutes lol.
Or Maybe it will be like every other Sanji powerup where he has no hardships or anything to overcome 🤔

Sanji doesn't have hardships and stuff he has to overcome like Luffy and Zoro. Think about all his powerups. Luffy and Zoro gears and Swords all come with learning curves and drawbacks. Sanji was handed a RS and its easy to use. Now he has Exoskeleton and he stands their a blocks swords.

Or Maybe it will be like every other Sanji powerup where he has no hardships or anything to overcome 🤔
Sanji's genetics awakening are just part of his powers, he was literally born with them.

This isn't really an extra power up for Sanji, it is more like Sanji starting to awaken powers that was dormant within him the whole time, meaning he is only reclaiming powers that were rightfully his from birth to begin with.

Just like how Zoro is born with swordsmanship talent due to him being a Shimotsuki descendant and Luffy born a prodigy due to having Garp and Dragon's blood + eating DF.

Sanji's genetics awakening are just part of his powers, he was literally born with them.

This isn't really an extra power up for Sanji, it is more like Sanji starting to awaken powers that was dormant within him the whole time, meaning he is only reclaiming powers that were rightfully his from birth to begin with.

Just like how Zoro is born with swordsmanship talent due to him being a Shimotsuki descendant and Luffy born a prodigy due to having Garp and Dragon's blood + eating DF.
:laughmoji:

Something I've rarely seen mentioned is the possibility that Sanji's PU might actually have a drawback.
We all know regarding sudden powerups or ultimate moves, Oda loves his drawbacks. G4, Monster Point, Franky's cola reserves and even Robin's latest finisher all have in common that a sudden increase in power is immediately followed by massive exhaustion. And in fact both Luffy and Zoro have experienced instant regeneration, Luffy by the use of Ivankov's hormones and Zoro through the magic senzu bean, with the drawback being that once the effects wear off, they both return to being immobile.

So, what if the same will apply with Sanji? I understand that Germa have this powerup as a passive, but it's also established that Sanji is not fully a Germa either, as well as Sanji being a good character, which all rely on these sort of drawback transformations.
If Sanji's PU were transformative, and not a passive:
- He'd still retain his humanity outside of combat
- He'd still be able to have gags with Nami punching him
- It'd make fights more exciting as he's giving himself a time limit

So, if Sanji's PU actually had a drawback after the fight, would that change your opinion of the power? Would it be more balanced and acceptable?
This is not a power up really this something he had inside him all the time

He just awakened the power he had due the suit prob the suit triggered a factor inside his body that started to grow and give him the exoskeleton unlike his siblings he retains his humanity if at all he doesn't have a single disadvantage