• Yes

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Of course

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
In the latest Author comment
And it showed how he failed miserably with the latest chapters. He had Luffy, Kidd, Law only take out 1 ship, when they could have cleaned them all out without any difficulty. For the sake of fake tension the characters came out looking incredibly stupid.

I do feel for him somewhat, it's hard at this point of the series.

And it showed how he failed miserably with the latest chapters. He had Luffy, Kidd, Law only take out 1 ship, when they could have cleaned them all out without any difficulty. For the sake of fake tension the characters came out looking incredibly stupid.

I do feel for him somewhat, it's hard at this point of the series.
It’s especially egregious with Kid. The dude has magnetic powers, but he couldn’t do anything about those cannons? Even if you want to say that that he doesn’t care about the samurai, it’s still strategically retarded for him to not save those ships since the more allies he has at Onigashima, the easier it is for him

It's certainely a real flaw of his. In a manga that is about oceans, pirates and a naval force opposing the pirates it's quite a shame that there are so few sea battles. And when it happens it's a real mess like at the end of WCI arc and during last chapter with Luffy, Law, Kid, Zoro or any of the really strong Scabbards like Denjiro or Kawamatsu doing anything against the Beast Pirates ship with long range weapons despite having perfectly the means to do so.

M

MD Zolo

May be what needs to be done is like Baratie arc. There was no land in sight and Luffy was at risk because if he fell then he would sink to the bottom.

What is the point of not being able to swim, if the ability to swim is an unnecessary skill to begin with? Why is it that Luffy can fly? Utilize his weakness to make a naval battle interesting.

he should:

- make the combatants infuse their powers into the cannons and ships

- make the ships and cannons ate devil fruits or made from special element that can attack by itself or by the crews' control

" what happened? my Elephant Gun was absorbed by the ships' walls! it's so soft."

"Hehehee feel the might of this ships made of rare magical artifact, Beaming Shield of Cloud! made from the scale of the extinct Manticore, Its effects are blahblahblah"

its not too complicated. just like you hype and upscale the combatants, you can always upscale the ships' abilities into fantasy realm.

Last edited:
It’s especially egregious with Kid. The dude has magnetic powers, but he couldn’t do anything about those cannons? Even if you want to say that that he doesn’t care about the samurai, it’s still strategically retarded for him to not save those ships since the more allies he has at Onigashima, the easier it is for him
This bothered me more than Kanjuro escaping.

Like the dude hates the beast pirates. Idk why he didn't just redirect the cannon ball and blow their ship to smithereens.