[FNZ] Role Madness [Season 2] Round 1 - The Dancing Valentine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I can see his soft defense of Emilia. He also has a soft defense of Poison. The person he wants to go for is Mango.

There are things I don't agree with Ratchet about. His proposal to not pair up with partners and participate in dance competitions being the main one. I highly doubt that the dance mechanic has benefits only for scum.

Ratchet already proposed lynching someone that's not Poison, Emilia or Mango. Others speculated about the possibility of lynching someone else too. There's nothing new or smart about the idea.
Yeah, I doubt Mango is scum after he soft hinted that he killed Usopp. This is another flag since there is no way scum killed TownUsopp given he could have easily gotten mislynched today and Townies like me would have even supported that and I don‘t know why Ratchet would even think that it‘s possible

This leaves:

Vig: The most plausible scenario.

or

SK: Less likely, but also possible since SKs don‘t care about anyone other than themselves and kill whoever they want. But I feel Mango would have been more careful about claiming if he was SK as it would be over for his winning chances if he got modkilled.

So I think Mango is the Town Vig.

As for the My Bloody Valentine Event:

1) It‘s a game mechanic and punishment for losing or not accepting a challenge. I think this is plausible given that a punishment is mentioned in the Game Mechanic post.

2) It‘s an ability. Scum or Town. If it‘s from scum, then it could work like Femto‘s sacrifice and one scum must be put there. In this case, given my analysis of Mango above, there should be a good chance that we hit scum if we lynch either of Emilia or Poison today. If it‘s from Town, then it‘s possible the candidates can be chosen and all three can be whatever.

I‘m leaning towards 1 or 2 scum.

Yeah, I doubt Mango is scum after he soft hinted that he killed Usopp. This is another flag since there is no way scum killed TownUsopp given he could have easily gotten mislynched today and Townies like me would have even supported that and I don‘t know why Ratchet would even think that it‘s possible

This leaves:

Vig: The most plausible scenario.

or

SK: Less likely, but also possible since SKs don‘t care about anyone other than themselves and kill whoever they want. But I feel Mango would have been more careful about claiming if he was SK as it would be over for his winning chances if he got modkilled.

So I think Mango is the Town Vig.
Mango hinted he killed Usopp? Where?

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
Light said its 8 from 10, how about you?
Sorry, I forgot to answer this. I too would say 7 or 8 that the vig shot usopp.

Ratchet might have his reasons for thinking that it was scum that killed Usopp. He said he doesn't want to go into the setup of the game just yet and that's why he wants to think that scum killed Usopp.

Ratchet might think that giving scum Iron (bullet-proof) while giving town a vig that bypasses that protection is contradictory because it essentially defeats the purpose of giving scum iron in the first place.

As for the My Bloody Valentine Event:

1) It‘s a game mechanic and punishment for losing or not accepting a challenge. I think this is plausible given that a punishment is mentioned in the Game Mechanic post.

2) It‘s an ability. Scum or Town. If it‘s from scum, then it could work like Femto‘s sacrifice and one scum must be put there. In this case, given my analysis of Mango above, there should be a good chance that we hit scum if we lynch either of Emilia or Poison today. If it‘s from Town, then it‘s possible the candidates can be chosen and all three can be whatever.

I‘m leaning towards 1 or 2 scum.
Yeah, It could be a game mechanic or an ability of scum. If it is a recurring ability, then like you said with the Femto ability, scum might have to put themselves in the lynch pool of 3 players.

I've only played two games where scum had a night ability where they could put any 3 players they like in a PM and make the 3 players vote among themselves. I hope that's not the case here.

I wouldn‘t mind pressuring Reborn, but for now we should stick to the Event candidates.
If we do that we won't be able to get info regarding the legitimacy of the event. :pepecorn:

If we lynch Reborn and nothing happens that means the ability was not triggered by scum. But if it was, that gives us info about the fact that those three people are more likely to be townies picked by scum.

If we do that we won't be able to get info regarding the legitimacy of the event. :pepecorn:

If we lynch Reborn and nothing happens that means the ability was not triggered by scum. But if it was, that gives us info about the fact that those three people are more likely to be townies picked by scum.
Did you forget Al is involved in the setup? There sure as hell is some sort of punishment if we go against the instructions. I don‘t want to risk more Townies getting harmed. Perhaps there are more suicide mechanics like the one which killed Lanji.

Sorry, I forgot to answer this. I too would say 7 or 8 that the vig shot usopp.

Ratchet might have his reasons for thinking that it was scum that killed Usopp. He said he doesn't want to go into the setup of the game just yet and that's why he wants to think that scum killed Usopp.

Ratchet might think that giving scum Iron (bullet-proof) while giving town a vig that bypasses that protection is contradictory because it essentially defeats the purpose of giving scum iron in the first place.

Yeah, It could be a game mechanic or an ability of scum. If it is a recurring ability, then like you said with the Femto ability, scum might have to put themselves in the lynch pool of 3 players.

I've only played two games where scum had a night ability where they could put any 3 players they like in a PM and make the 3 players vote among themselves. I hope that's not the case here.
I do think it would be good if we got majority vote on Emilia.

I have a hunch it‘s needed to take her down.

Did you forget Al is involved in the setup? There sure as hell is some sort of punishment if we go against the instructions. I don‘t want to risk more Townies getting harmed. Perhaps there are more suicide mechanics like the one which killed Lanji.
The suicide machanic should have been triggered by scum I think. Probably to frame T-Pein.

I don't think that a random voter would get killed if we went for Reborn for example.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
Why aren't you even considering Emilia here? What's with this soft defence of Emilia, even?

Is it safe to say you assume one of them is Town, too?

-----------------------------------------------------

Here's how we should approach the lynch. We place a majority of votes onto Flower. If the writeup is correct, Flower is not a valid lynch candidate, and so is not targetable for a lynch. Thus, the second-largest wagon should be one of the three listed. If flower gets lynched, then we know that the writeup was a lie, and we also remove the player that stood to gain the most from the fact it was a lie in Flower too. If Flower isn't lynched, we follow the process correctly, we confirm Flower as Town directly (or as good as in any case) and we also prove that we should never be using this pairing mechanic, or even making partners with one another, ever again, because it's purely anti-town. Anyone who then pushes us to do otherwise can be safely considered Anti-town.

Of the three, I do not believe in an Emilia lynch right now, because I have no idea why Scum!Emilia would try to fake some kind of information on Flower at the start of the day, presumably knowing the side effects of losing her R/P/S game, making her push redundant. If the lynch really is between those three, this is almost certainly a scum-aligned ability or mechanic, because only scum benefit from being able to reduce the lynch pool in a way that doesn't even guarantee that scum are lynchable. Aside from my gut currently telling me she's town, her behaviour does not make sense as scum. She could of course be scum and not be mafia, which is still a fair possibility, but I believe she still has more reason to not be the lynch over the other two here.
Okay, so that's your reasoning for not wanting to lynch Emilia. Why do you want to lynch flower that badly if what you're trying to ascertain is the write up being false or not? Or do you believe the info that Emilia and Light say they have to be true?

What's your read on flower?

Also could we potentially lynch another candidate?

Lynching Flower is a risky move in that she still revealed herself as a townie and that's often a legit reveal to my knowledge of this game.

But we are supposed to unravel the mystery of [My Bloody Valentine] to gather insight circa the likelihood of those three being scum or not.

If we lynched Reborn and it landed we would know those three are more likely townies set up by scum to deceive us into lynching a townie. (One of them specifically).

I think it's quite less likely that scum was forced to put itself into its own fake write up. Doesn't make much sense if you think about it.

If the lynch on Reborn failed we would know that probably one of those three is supposed to be scum. And the other two townies. Since it wasn't scum's doing to trigger the ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.