Is Flower always scum?

• A) Yes

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • B) Option A

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not when it's basically multiple-ball. I think it's three wolves, up to three Cult members, one harmful Indie, one Indie that hunted two townies. So add that up and that's eight out of twenty five anti-town players. That's 32% of players are anti-town, which is already leaned in scum favor because balance is usually around 25% (at least in my hosting experience). Ali and Rej have been pretty strong roles and I imagine that last Wolf (probably Melkor) is loaded as well. Those roles would make up for their short numbers. Ali was also Bulletproof and could neglect a lynch so that's like almost a full other member. Anymore wolves and I think this game's balance would be pretty wonky.
well there is the possibility of scum vs cult there, which kinda shifts to town favor, but yea i can see this as well

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I went for Ali after UB said LM wasn’t cult because I chose to trust then. I’m also supposed to be priority over everything according to host so I shouldn’t have been RBable. I think that super kill ate through my commute.
i couldve gotten redirected as well and the role block result couldve been someone else getting RB'd.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
also @Ratchet welcome to the game, it will be a blast.

THE SUPREME ALLIANCE has assembled
Question, Aether. During Day 2, I haven't got my notes to hand to label the exact post, but Rej was a primary topic due to having two investigative-adjacent abilities targeting him. Over this period, you neglected to comment on Rej at all, and at one point, listed several lynch candidates with neither Rej, nor his primary interlocuters, listed. Why was this?
Ali flipping gives us a ton of information. The fact that he was the one who could make three players target each other probably looks good for people he targeted? For example, don't see why Wolf Ali targets any of his teammates with that ability, so me, Fuji, and Ekko really should be clean here. Not sure about the N2 targets because we're still figuring out what happened there.
I could see a potential gambit Night 1 with co-ordination being present, but I would tend to agree with your conclusion here, because in any case a gambit would have to assume that one of them would be investigated.
Okay Melkor for last Wolf and Ratchet for most recent Cult member.
You've assumed this with basically no backing whatsoever. The idea that a Cult would automatically just grow and also get to end the day phase without a lynch, seems absurdly broken to me. Especially with my role taking the place of the previous Cult leader. I do actually have flavour justification for why this doesn't make sense too, but my understanding is you;re not familiar with the flavour, so I'm guessing it would be wasted on you.
You don't think Ratchet was the one who got concerted last night? Lumine disappearing would make sense if they got Culted and took Aether's place.
Except it wasn't during the Night, but during the Day. Lumine was already dead, as that was Juliet's role, no? I don't see why your conclusion to Town removing the head of the Cult is that the game would then punish the Town by removing the protagonist role from the Town, and giving it to the Cult. Can you walk me through that one?
It makes sense. In a game like this, I really don't think that Cult could just keep converting with the CL dead; I think that's a good way to break the game. So if Cult converted in the skipped day and not in D3, it makes sense to me that Lumine would be an option to take the place of Aether.
What? Are you getting this the wrong way around...? How can Lumine, a dead role, take the place of Aether, who is currently very much alive? Your theory is pretty loose and I do not love how you've tried to push it as confirmed fact when I currently see little to support it. You can't even argue it was prompted by me subbing in, as my understanding is Drago was otherwise active, and had to sub out in a hurry.

Ratchet

Purely based on the flavor of this game. Cult Leader was Lumine and Drago/Ratchet is Aether, and both those characters you can choose to be your protagonist to start the game. Makes sense to me that if you lose one MC, you can try to get the other MC.
Hold on, you don't know the flavour. Why are you using flavour arguments (weakest argument you can make in Mafia, by the way) to push an angle when you yourself cannot verify the accuracy of it? Aether replacing Lumine as Cult leader makes no sense, because the narrative of the game takes a very specific stance that Aether, the protagonist chosen for this iteration for purposes of flavour, is to oppose the Abyss, that Lumine leads, because that would be integral forthem completing their journey/adventure. Lumine and Aether are not two sides of the same coin. Lumine, in this context, is essentially what the end of the journey Aether looks like. Given that we're very much on the journey, an automatic flavour mechanic activating randomly several cycles after Lumine's death that only serves to punish the town is frankly outrageous. Especially when it isn't even supported by flavour.

Question, Aether. During Day 2, I haven't got my notes to hand to label the exact post, but Rej was a primary topic due to having two investigative-adjacent abilities targeting him. Over this period, you neglected to comment on Rej at all, and at one point, listed several lynch candidates with neither Rej, nor his primary interlocuters, listed. Why was this?
I could see a potential gambit Night 1 with co-ordination being present, but I would tend to agree with your conclusion here, because in any case a gambit would have to assume that one of them would be investigated.
You've assumed this with basically no backing whatsoever. The idea that a Cult would automatically just grow and also get to end the day phase without a lynch, seems absurdly broken to me. Especially with my role taking the place of the previous Cult leader. I do actually have flavour justification for why this doesn't make sense too, but my understanding is you;re not familiar with the flavour, so I'm guessing it would be wasted on you.
Except it wasn't during the Night, but during the Day. Lumine was already dead, as that was Juliet's role, no? I don't see why your conclusion to Town removing the head of the Cult is that the game would then punish the Town by removing the protagonist role from the Town, and giving it to the Cult. Can you walk me through that one?
What? Are you getting this the wrong way around...? How can Lumine, a dead role, take the place of Aether, who is currently very much alive? Your theory is pretty loose and I do not love how you've tried to push it as confirmed fact when I currently see little to support it. You can't even argue it was prompted by me subbing in, as my understanding is Drago was otherwise active, and had to sub out in a hurry.
Flip those names around because I don't really know flavor. But your character taking over the Cult for the dead MC makes sense.

Emil

Certified Memelord
One question is why did the conversion fail D2? Was it because Xlaw targeted someone who was immune? Was it because Xlaw targeted Mafia? Was it because he died? Not sure if this is a piece that needs to be solved but something to think about.
i think he targeted rej maybe

there was also no convert day 3 which was weird because then day 4 ended suddenly with a convert and lumine writeup

i need a claim from u eitherway mr dest

tbh i dont know or might've missed the conversation on the investigative abilities targeting rej, also before his flip i was under the impression that he was ic, so i wasnt paying much attention to him.

Ratchet

Flip those names around because I don't really know flavor. But your character taking over the Cult for the dead MC makes sense.
Qualify this claim, please. Because, as someone extensively familiar with the flavour, I don't see it. And I've explained why, from both a flavour, and a game mechanics, standpoint. The ball is now in your court.
The fact that Ratchet is dropping wallies to defend himself about not being Culted, means he's definitely been Culted.

:gokulaugh:
Is this the first time we've played together?

Emil

Certified Memelord
Not when it's basically multiple-ball. I think it's three wolves, up to three Cult members, one harmful Indie, one Indie that hunted two townies. So add that up and that's eight out of twenty five anti-town players. That's 32% of players are anti-town, which is already leaned in scum favor because balance is usually around 25% (at least in my hosting experience). Ali and Rej have been pretty strong roles and I imagine that last Wolf (probably Melkor) is loaded as well. Those roles would make up for their short numbers. Ali was also Bulletproof and could neglect a lynch so that's like almost a full other member. Anymore wolves and I think this game's balance would be pretty wonky.
not only that, he had 3 fken vote power
and rej had 2

these 2 alone have 5 vote power AND can potentially vote silence up to 3 players if ali's ability forced them to target someone they dont want and they didn't obey

its busted as hell, i doubt there r more than 3 mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.