Votes: 22 66.7%
  • B) Option A

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
Gut feeling. You coming this hard at me for it isn't a good luck. Haven't seen you this motivated for awhile.
You think 3 posts, maybe 4 now, combating the assertion that I'm somehow confirmed Cult is "coming at you hard"? As for motivation, a quick glance over Day 1 of Zem's Town of Salem Test Game will tell you that I've started to trend back towards more proactive play, with my schedule now being more figured out. In other words, I'm back baby.

Ratchet

i want a claim from mel/dyna/dest today
no excuses
You claimed Eula, correct? Can you enlighten me on other character claims? I know Lord Melkor claimed Amber, but I may have missed others.
Idk if they’re culted or not. But I could see Aether actually being cult immune. They’d be more likely than anyone else to be I’d think.
there r cult immune townies in the game
Which makes sense. Because as anyone who has actually played the game knows, Aether replacing Lumine goes against the story that was established in Act 1: Part IV. Which is why I'm confused - X, who is clueless about the flavour, has decided that this happened due to flavour, because... he has a gut feeling this happened? Someone make it make sense, please.

T-Pein claimed to have information that Rej targeted someone, indicating either Watcher or Tracker, or Voyeur, or some nicher target-based ability. Emilia claimed what I can only guess is some kind of Journalist role (I'll have to ask my Mafia senpai, Rotaretilbo, if there is any specific role name for this), which heavily implicated Rej (I initially assumed this ability was close to a flavour cop, which could be used to uncover the converts from the Cult, but no further message from yesterday indicates I'm either wrong about this, or there is a lie somehwere along the line). Both were actively pushing for his lynch at that point. I accept your answer though, but it doesn't resolve the suspicion for me.
i get that but, the thing you are saying now(which i still dont think i fully get) seems to be a huge stretch, if your suspicion on me is based on this.

You claimed Eula, correct? Can you enlighten me on other character claims? I know Lord Melkor claimed Amber, but I may have missed others.

Which makes sense. Because as anyone who has actually played the game knows, Aether replacing Lumine goes against the story that was established in Act 1: Part IV. Which is why I'm confused - X, who is clueless about the flavour, has decided that this happened due to flavour, because... he has a gut feeling this happened? Someone make it make sense, please.
Ratchet everyone plays video games. One MC dying and being replaced with another MC could make sense in this game.

Ratchet

i get that but, the thing you are saying now(which i still dont think i fully get) seems to be a huge stretch, if your suspicion on me is based on this.
I didn't say I was supicious of you, per se, but that there was some behaviour from you that I found suspicious. You see, I've been speed reading mostly through the game, because 8,000 posts would be a lot regardless, let alone when you're the... 11th sub used? So I've mostly been highlighting play that, with in theimmediate context, but otherwise is treated as an independent clause (when admittedly, it may not be), struck me as odd. Because there was a huge discussion point going around, and I felt like you mostly ignored all of that until you no longer could. Whether it was willful or accidental, I couldn't say.

I don't really feel like claiming, but @Dr_Professor83, @TheAncientCenturion, and @Ratchet should all be able to confirm that they received something similar over the course of the game. I'd rather keep quiet about everything else, but surely three people knowing my role should be enough, yeah?
Yeah I can vouch for Dest role. I don’t think he needs to say. It won’t even help make sure he isn’t cult imo.

Ratchet

Ratchet everyone plays video games. One MC dying and being replaced with another MC could make sense in this game.
Lol, youknow better than this X. They are not interchangeable MC's. Players, at the start of the game, are given two options. To play as Aether, or to play as Lumine. Given that Lumine flipped Cult, we can assume that the narrative of this game follows the one that is spun when the player choses Aether.

In this case, Lumine is sent to the world of Teyvat years before Aether is, and completes her journey as a Traveler. At the end, she decides to join the Abyss, because her journey has jaded her to what we traditionally consider as "good". The player character, Aether, enters the world, and begins their journey as a Traveler. With his last memory being seperated from his sister, Lumine, your motivation is to go and search for her. At this point, you are not aware of the time discrepancy. In Chapter 1: Act IV, Aether finds Lumine, who reveals the whole time discrepancy thing. Lumine then outright states that Aether must complete the journey as a Traveler, just as she did once before, and then he will understand her choice. I will also add, both Aether and Lumine have a pre-established history of world-hopping. The story then heavily suggests that Aether, instead, will be searching for a different, better answer than his sister found, with his companion, Paimon (who shares the same trait as all the Archons in the game in that she shares a name listed in the Ars Goetia, and thus implying she is at least a fraction of a more powerful being), being a large reason for this.

So are you going to keep giving me generic, irrelevant theories that aren't relateable to this context, or are you going to find a way to properly substantiate this "gut feeling" of yours? Because I can debate the flavour all day, up to what I have played at least (approximately 20% through the newest content released 6 weeks ago).

Status
Not open for further replies.