Votes: 22 66.7%
  • B) Option A

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
And therein lies my point. Conclusions stimulated by paranoia may well be the correct ones, even if the reasoning behind them isn't fundamentally sound. If the game lasts long enough, the so-called "Town Core" will be brought into question, and that goes threefold in the presence of a Cult, which is designed around preventing confirmations.
Type im search bar town core and see how many times people put themselves in it this game

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
think he'd bring that up in the first place?
I could argue that, if Cult, he would seek to appear to break the conventional meta, even if he doesn't actually end up having done so. I'm not questioning out of belief that he's Cult though, but that his reasoning is flawed.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
Day 5 Vote Count - 1

Aether: Melkor
QueenEmilia: TAC
TheAncientCent: Melkor
Conquistador: Melkor
Destroya: Melkor
MistyCatGodess: Melkor

LM - 5
TAC - 1

Correct me if I made any mistakes.

good night so far, a mini break as well, i like it.

lynch Melkor

now lets resolve this
Vote lynch lord melkor

This ancient centurion is town
vote lynch Lord Melkor
I think Melkor tracking Rej to Nat is pretty damning evidence.

Vote Lynch Lord Melkor
Just had a Moment to read up. I think LM is likely our last scum as well, so let me just leave this vote here

If the game doesn't end then it's probably ekko

vote lynch lm

I could argue that, if Cult, he would seek to appear to break the conventional meta, even if he doesn't actually end up having done so. I'm not questioning out of belief that he's Cult though, but that his reasoning is flawed.
yea, i can see that, i havent played with him, but what could be the gain though? other than the possibility of saving of a teammate? idk.

so i played poorly most of the early game, i want to first apologize to @MistyCatGoddess who do seem more townish than mafia rn, but cud be cult still

im clueless as to what to do now moving forward since anyone rly could be cult. any input would be valuable

we will start by hunting anyone that doesnt continuously claim their abilities. we can work under the assumption that cult loses their abilities.

Why do you think being culted in this game makes you generic?

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
i didnt read his theory can u quote it for me im too lazy to look for it lol

ekko is such a kind person he deserves all za love in the world
I will just quote the entire exchange he and I had:
Well Nat flipping Indie is interesting. I guess we know now why Town has so much power, because there are quite a few anti town roles in this game.

Ali flipping gives us a ton of information. The fact that he was the one who could make three players target each other probably looks good for people he targeted? For example, don't see why Wolf Ali targets any of his teammates with that ability, so me, Fuji, and Ekko really should be clean here. Not sure about the N2 targets because we're still figuring out what happened there.

Also, @Ratchet you're Cult now, that's got to be tough.
Okay Melkor for last Wolf and Ratchet for most recent Cult member.

Now we just have to find out who Juliet converted D1.
You don't think Ratchet was the one who got concerted last night? Lumine disappearing would make sense if they got Culted and took Aether's place.
Purely based on the flavor of this game. Cult Leader was Lumine and Drago/Ratchet is Aether, and both those characters you can choose to be your protagonist to start the game. Makes sense to me that if you lose one MC, you can try to get the other MC.
Question, Aether. During Day 2, I haven't got my notes to hand to label the exact post, but Rej was a primary topic due to having two investigative-adjacent abilities targeting him. Over this period, you neglected to comment on Rej at all, and at one point, listed several lynch candidates with neither Rej, nor his primary interlocuters, listed. Why was this?
I could see a potential gambit Night 1 with co-ordination being present, but I would tend to agree with your conclusion here, because in any case a gambit would have to assume that one of them would be investigated.
You've assumed this with basically no backing whatsoever. The idea that a Cult would automatically just grow and also get to end the day phase without a lynch, seems absurdly broken to me. Especially with my role taking the place of the previous Cult leader. I do actually have flavour justification for why this doesn't make sense too, but my understanding is you;re not familiar with the flavour, so I'm guessing it would be wasted on you.
Except it wasn't during the Night, but during the Day. Lumine was already dead, as that was Juliet's role, no? I don't see why your conclusion to Town removing the head of the Cult is that the game would then punish the Town by removing the protagonist role from the Town, and giving it to the Cult. Can you walk me through that one?
What? Are you getting this the wrong way around...? How can Lumine, a dead role, take the place of Aether, who is currently very much alive? Your theory is pretty loose and I do not love how you've tried to push it as confirmed fact when I currently see little to support it. You can't even argue it was prompted by me subbing in, as my understanding is Drago was otherwise active, and had to sub out in a hurry.
Hold on, you don't know the flavour. Why are you using flavour arguments (weakest argument you can make in Mafia, by the way) to push an angle when you yourself cannot verify the accuracy of it? Aether replacing Lumine as Cult leader makes no sense, because the narrative of the game takes a very specific stance that Aether, the protagonist chosen for this iteration for purposes of flavour, is to oppose the Abyss, that Lumine leads, because that would be integral forthem completing their journey/adventure. Lumine and Aether are not two sides of the same coin. Lumine, in this context, is essentially what the end of the journey Aether looks like. Given that we're very much on the journey, an automatic flavour mechanic activating randomly several cycles after Lumine's death that only serves to punish the town is frankly outrageous. Especially when it isn't even supported by flavour.
Flip those names around because I don't really know flavor. But your character taking over the Cult for the dead MC makes sense.
The fact that Ratchet is dropping wallies to defend himself about not being Culted, means he's definitely been Culted.

:gokulaugh:
Qualify this claim, please. Because, as someone extensively familiar with the flavour, I don't see it. And I've explained why, from both a flavour, and a game mechanics, standpoint. The ball is now in your court.
Is this the first time we've played together?
You are Aether. Xlaw was Lumine. Lumine was CL. CL died. I think it makes sense that Cult would be able to convert Aether in the scenario where Lumine was dead.
Why? What is your flavour basis for making this claim?
Gut feeling. You coming this hard at me for it isn't a good luck. Haven't seen you this motivated for awhile.
You think 3 posts, maybe 4 now, combating the assertion that I'm somehow confirmed Cult is "coming at you hard"? As for motivation, a quick glance over Day 1 of Zem's Town of Salem Test Game will tell you that I've started to trend back towards more proactive play, with my schedule now being more figured out. In other words, I'm back baby.
Ratchet everyone plays video games. One MC dying and being replaced with another MC could make sense in this game.
Lol, youknow better than this X. They are not interchangeable MC's. Players, at the start of the game, are given two options. To play as Aether, or to play as Lumine. Given that Lumine flipped Cult, we can assume that the narrative of this game follows the one that is spun when the player choses Aether.

In this case, Lumine is sent to the world of Teyvat years before Aether is, and completes her journey as a Traveler. At the end, she decides to join the Abyss, because her journey has jaded her to what we traditionally consider as "good". The player character, Aether, enters the world, and begins their journey as a Traveler. With his last memory being seperated from his sister, Lumine, your motivation is to go and search for her. At this point, you are not aware of the time discrepancy. In Chapter 1: Act IV, Aether finds Lumine, who reveals the whole time discrepancy thing. Lumine then outright states that Aether must complete the journey as a Traveler, just as she did once before, and then he will understand her choice. I will also add, both Aether and Lumine have a pre-established history of world-hopping. The story then heavily suggests that Aether, instead, will be searching for a different, better answer than his sister found, with his companion, Paimon (who shares the same trait as all the Archons in the game in that she shares a name listed in the Ars Goetia, and thus implying she is at least a fraction of a more powerful being), being a large reason for this.

So are you going to keep giving me generic, irrelevant theories that aren't relateable to this context, or are you going to find a way to properly substantiate this "gut feeling" of yours? Because I can debate the flavour all day, up to what I have played at least (approximately 20% through the newest content released 6 weeks ago).
You subbed in as Culted Aether and got super excited, that's good to see.

And also, the second part was about claiming your character. If you can't, or feel like you don't need to, can you confirm this please?

Status
Not open for further replies.