Future Events SMOKER vs KUZAN- The fight of change, ambition, friendship and the future

Do you want to see Smoker vs Kuzan?

• Yes

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • No

Votes: 19 41.3%

• Total voters

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
You are worse than an illiterate, can read but can't understand :giogio:
If Coby was going to fight Kuzan, he’d have a moment with Kuzan. Instead Cobys big moment was hurting Pizarros right forearm while Garp sacrificed himself.

Coby ain’t fighting Kuzan.
You guys realize Oda doesn’t give out strength for the hell of it. Coby being called the future of the marines, being in a specific anti-Yonko branch of the marines, his close tie to Luffy and his fisting feats cements him as the next Garp.

He’s going to kill his failed fellow student

Doubt it. In the best case scenario he has a fight in which he is only used as a punching bag and convinces Kuzan that he is wrong just through conversation.

If Oda was going to setup Smoker as the one to fight Kuzan, then Smoker would have been involved during Garp's attack at Pirate island.

The fact that Smoker wasn't even involved at all, shows you that Oda is not setting up a Kuzan vs Smoker fight at all.

Don't get me wrong I don't really care for Koby and I have no problem if Smoker does fight Kuzan, but everything that went down at Pirate Island involving Garp, Kuzan, and Koby is all being setup for Koby to be the one to fight Kuzan in the future.

There is also a reason why Oda revealed that Kuzan was formerly trained by Garp just like how Koby was also trained by Garp.

Smoker is the one that fans want to see fight Kuzan.

Koby is the one that Oda will actually pick to fight Kuzan.

Or maybe they both fight Kuzan together.
Smoker was already involved with Kuzan since the timeskip began. Coby was set up specifically with Pizarro.
Post automatically merged:

You guys realize Oda doesn’t give out strength for the hell of it. Coby being called the future of the marines, being in a specific anti-Yonko branch of the marines, his close tie to Luffy and his fisting feats cements him as the next Garp.

Or he’s going to fight the man that tried to kill ships full of marines, that held him hostage, and that forced Garp to separate from him and helmeppo.

This is cool, I’d love it. I’ve been waiting long for Smoker to have his moment, because aside from Coby we have Smoker as the main marine side character that we follow and watch his growth. It’s super fitting if he manages to accomplish this feat, defeating a big name pirate/naval traitor/friend all in one. This victory would make Smoker an unquestionable shoe in for the next available admiral promotion, this could beautifully wrap up both of their character arcs as well. Could also kinda reflect how Garp assisted the pirate king, who he has a mutual respect/relationship with, in taking down the most infamous pirate group of the era. I love Coby but he still has a ways to go in climbing the ranks (I got him and Sword taking down Lucci and CP0 anyway), Smoker should be much closer in reaching the big leagues.

Luffy is the MC, sanji is a genetic science monster with infinite upgrading potential, not to mention his plot role + his family related to ancient kingdom and such.

I just dont see smoker having that much importance neither on powerscalling nor on plot.
There's lots of unfinished plot points with Smoker for him not to be important.

Why was he not shown when Tashigi was?

I think it's short sighted to just write a character like Smoker off because durp weak ass trash fodder etc.

Luffy also said to Smoker they need to fight when they both can use their full power.

C

CensoredbyWG

There's lots of unfinished plot points with Smoker for him not to be important.

Why was he not shown when Tashigi was?

I think it's short sighted to just write a character like Smoker off because durp weak ass trash fodder etc.

Luffy also said to Smoker they need to fight when they both can use their full power.
As i said, smoker needs advanced haki + awakening of his low tier logia to MAYBE pose a threat to luffy.

Luffy needed to fight to yonkos and die in order to get advanced CoA + CoC and awaken his fruit.

How would oda manage to put smoker on that lvl until the point where smoker supposedly fight with him?

Keep in mind that luffy keeps evolving every arc and will most likely be even stronger after his fight with kizaru.

You really don't understand how Oda writes
He won't leave Kuzan to some bitch like Coby, this is a plot for grown ass men, Smoker will be the one to put down his friend.

As i said, smoker needs advanced haki + awakening of his low tier logia to MAYBE pose a threat to luffy.

Luffy needed to fight to yonkos and die in order to get advanced CoA + CoC and awaken his fruit.

How would oda manage to put smoker on that lvl until the point where smoker supposedly fight with him?

Keep in mind that luffy keeps evolving every arc and will most likely be even stronger after his fight with kizaru.
Smoker already has
-Speed from his logia
-Mobilty
-CQC experience
-Seastone Jitte

Awakening is no problem, he had his fruit for a long time
All he needs is one haki asspull like the usual and he is a top tier capable of destroying Gear5

That's why I'm saying don't write Smoker off. Oda has shown numerous times people can come back and be a lot more powerful if the plot demands it.

I think definitely he'll have awakening and advanced forms of haki. Personally I believe Smoker will fight Kuzan due to his fight with Vergo. That was set up for Smoker who battled a pirate turn marine and Oda will invert it to Smoker fighting a marine turn pirate.

The fact Smoker and Kuzan have a close relationship can't be ignored here it's an important factor and the fact Oda has been teasing us with an appearance from him is also suspicious.

I've gotten the opposite impression. Smoker is a "rival" to Luffy as much as Lucci is. He can have grown as much as Oda wants from PH to now.

That's why I'm saying don't write Smoker off. Oda has shown numerous times people can come back and be a lot more powerful if the plot demands it.

I think definitely he'll have awakening and advanced forms of haki. Personally I believe Smoker will fight Kuzan due to his fight with Vergo. That was set up for Smoker who battled a pirate turn marine and Oda will invert it to Smoker fighting a marine turn pirate.

The fact Smoker and Kuzan have a close relationship can't be ignored here it's an important factor and the fact Oda has been teasing us with an appearance from him is also suspicious.
I bet Smoker's jitte is itching to find its rightful place on Luffy's neck

C

CensoredbyWG

Smoker already has
-Speed from his logia
-Mobilty
-CQC experience
-Seastone Jitte

Awakening is no problem, he had his fruit for a long time
All he needs is one haki asspull like the usual and he is a top tier capable of destroying Gear5
Big mom had her fruit ever since she was a kid, still no awakening.

Kaido had his fruit in his 20s most likely as well, still no awakening.

Seastone at this point of the show is a non factor, do you rlly believe it will be useful against a hakimen lol?

Dont know what "CQC" means tbh.

Smoker is slow compared to mid tier characters, trying to put his speed on par with someone who keeps up with kaido and kizaru is just... INSANE.
Post automatically merged:

why I'm saying don't write Smoker off. Oda has shown numerous times people can come back and be a lot more powerful if the plot demands it
Only person who had such a power up offscreen was coby, all others had top tier teachers on top of being generational talents themselves aswell.

Luffy was already faster than smoker during marineford...

Big mom had her fruit ever since she was a kid, still no awakening.

Kaido had his fruit in his 20s most likely as well, still no awakening.
Who cares about these clowns
Smoker is arguably the most important marine in the story, he witnessed Luffy's miracle in Loguetown and ever since vowed to be the one to put him in chains. He followed him to the grandline then to the New World, and now Oda is cooking his return with Tashigi's Hachinosu teaser. Don't compare him to mere stepping stones for Luffy.

Even Kaku was awakened after 2 years lmao
What I'm saying is, awakening is an easy powerup to pull by the author

Seastone at this point of the show is a non factor, do you rlly believe it will be useful against a hakimen lol?
Seastone weakens the user's spirit, so it includes his haki
Massive advantage regardless

Dont know what "CQC" means tbh.
Close quarter combat. Smoker knows how to fight and his maneuverability is probably top of the verse.

Smoker is slow compared to mid tier characters, trying to put his speed on par with someone who keeps up with kaido and kizaru is just... INSANE.
Smoker is fast as fuck, with awakening he'll be faster etc. Regardless, Smoker will be a character that can fight EoS Luffy whether you like it or not, its been written ever since Logue Town. EoS Smoker > Kaido and Kizaru.