Future Events Smoker will be close to Luffy's level the next time we see him

Yes, DF hax. Two smart users, arguably both doctorate level or above, using very scientific powers. Luffy actually looks worse because he started out with a huge lead and couldn't even lose the rematch. Law himself is extremely underrated or perhaps just misunderstood because of what happened with Doflamingo, who knew exactly how to fight him so as to make it look easy.

Beating Vergo wouldn't necessarily have gotten the heart back. It was something like a hostage situation and obviously the smart thing is to accomplish the goal as a priority. It's what separates smarter characters from a Luffy, who botches the capture just so he could whoop some ass.

Anyway, it's right there. He was beating Vergo, then Vergo comments on him being sloppy, and his only response is securing the heart. Not a crazy amount of reading comprehension needed.
Smoker was used as source of info dump regarding Law´s ability, he knew about him taking hearts, he knew about him being supreme in his room and so forth.
Luffy had no idea about Caesar being able to suck air out of his proximity.

Vergo did not even go all out, as seen when Law angered him, and we know from the flashback that´s his preferred fighting style.
Smoker´s goal, as he stated himself, is to show the pride of Marines to a pirate like Vergo, it´s a contradiction that a pirate finished him off, as he himself states after giving the heart back, it´s a shame.
At best you can say he changed his aim throughout the fight, but the claim he went there to primarily repay Law is negated by him stating he has to take care of Vergo himself.

At which level do you think Smoker comes back? Anywhere near luffy's level?
He is already a Vice Admiral so a DF power up + a potential new Jitte could put him around the admiral tier. He will be strong enough to give our MC a great fight but Luffy will always be at the top when we reach the end of the story.

People have been hyping Koby as the new Garp of this generation due to Oda's mistake of calling him a rear admiral. At the rank of captain, there is no way you can take down a Warlord and even less a Yonku. I do believe that he will become an Admiral but only during the epilogue when years have passed.

Imho, Smoker fits more the profile of becoming the new Garp:

- He has chased and almost captured the future PK on multiple occasions.
- Smoker knows Luffy so much that he can literally guess his next move such as going to Rainbase, and Raijin island
- They have this love and Hate relationship that Roger and Garp had. Koby is too friendly and fanboyish while Smokey is tsundere.
- Hina noticed that Smoker was actually happy when the Straw Hats successfully escaped Alabasta... He just doesn't like to show it.
- He knew right away that it was Luffy and co who saved FI from Hody's rebellion.
- The PH accident made them closer that even his G-5 subordinates ( look like pirates) are starting to love the main characters.
- Smoker and Garp were Vice Admirals when Luffy and Roger started their final run.
- Luffy and Smoker allied against a common enemy in PH and in Alabasta too.
- The WG covered up Luffy and Roger heroism and gave all the credit to Smoker and Garp.
- The series is about parallels and inherited will. Smoker even got a similar facial scar !

Smoker was used as source of info dump regarding Law´s ability, he knew about him taking hearts, he knew about him being supreme in his room and so forth.
Luffy had no idea about Caesar being able to suck air out of his proximity.

Vergo did not even go all out, as seen when Law angered him, and we know from the flashback that´s his preferred fighting style.
Smoker´s goal, as he stated himself, is to show the pride of Marines to a pirate like Vergo, it´s a contradiction that a pirate finished him off, as he himself states after giving the heart back, it´s a shame.
At best you can say he changed his aim throughout the fight, but the claim he went there to primarily repay Law is negated by him stating he has to take care of Vergo himself.
That is what I'd say, yeah. There is no way he would get his victory and not care if it screwed Law, that's not his character.

And just because he knew about Law's reputation doesn't mean he was in any way prepared for the trick Law used to beat him. We had seen Law for ourselves and sorry, I won't believe you if you said you could see him pulling that trick before he actually did it.

That is what I'd say, yeah. There is no way he would get his victory and not care if it screwed Law, that's not his character.

And just because he knew about Law's reputation doesn't mean he was in any way prepared for the trick Law used to beat him. We had seen Law for ourselves and sorry, I won't believe you if you said you could see him pulling that trick before he actually did it.
The thing is, the assumption Smoker threw the fight but is otherwise superior makes no sense to me either way, because the way he got the heart back also underlines that he was outmatched, due to needing suicide attacks to do it.

Yeah not buying that. This is as much knowledge as we have ever seen a guy show before a fight occurred. You literally have pages over pages with Smoker explaining the ability in-verse to his men but obviously on a meta-level to us.
Law was literally toying with the ship with the same moves and tricks.
It denies Smoker even an ounce of intelligence if you assume he can´t piece together "supreme in his room + takes away living hearts = might take my heart".
Post automatically merged:

Smoker will be ~Kid and Law when he comes back into the main story.

Was shafted by Oda in PH. I’m 99% certain that Oda changed his mind between PH and Dressrosa about how involved Vergo would be in Law’s flashback.
DD referred to the trauma of facing Vergo, Vergo also did so, and also made him remember what happened last time.
Whether it should have been shown or not, there is no denying Vergo was supposed to have given him a severe trauma in the past.

The thing is, the assumption Smoker threw the fight but is otherwise superior makes no sense to me either way, because the way he got the heart back also underlines that he was outmatched, due to needing suicide attacks to do it.

Yeah not buying that. This is as much knowledge as we have ever seen a guy show before a fight occurred. You literally have pages over pages with Smoker explaining the ability in-verse to his men but obviously on a meta-level to us.
Law was literally toying with the ship with the same moves and tricks.
It denies Smoker even an ounce of intelligence if you assume he can´t piece together "supreme in his room + takes away living hearts = might take my heart".
Post automatically merged:

DD referred to the trauma of facing Vergo, Vergo also did so, and also made him remember what happened last time.
Whether it should have been shown or not, there is no denying Vergo was supposed to have given him a severe trauma in the past.
Law launches a pillar to look like an attack, but uses the distraction to obstruct Smoker's view in order to get a shot at his heart. I don't understand why that doesn't look like a tactic good enough to get hit with, or how that makes Smoker look any weaker than getting strangled by a man trampled beneath your feet.

Think about this: Doflamingo knew Law's fighting style because they taught him, and he's the one who sought Ope Ope in the first place. He comments on this and how Law's attacks won't work. He also sees first-hand how Luffy fights melee, to the point of recognizing the switch under the Lucy disguise. All these things considered, he falls for the idea that Luffy is rushing to hit Law only to get caught in the Red Hawk move. If you want to shit on Smoker I have like a million of these examples. Any character can get caught in the heat of a fight.

AND... you can also just go back and see that I already said that Smoker wasn't guaranteed to win that fight, just that he was doing better than the latter half of it implies. It kinda looks like you're just trying to argue.

Sanji was capable of One Shotting the likes of Bobbins and Sheepshead (both portrayed as big deals) and did a lot of damage to Vergo who was undeniably stronger than Smoker. Doflamingo also took him more seriously than he took Smoker.

There's also the fact that he got up quickly from the same attack that put Smoker in the Hospital Bed for days
Where from this headcanon? Where did you see Bobbins one shotted?
He beat Sheepshead with Brook's help.
Got his bone cracked by Vergo and did less damage to Vergo than Smoker did .
How do you measure "more seriously"

To his face like Smoker's?

Law launches a pillar to look like an attack, but uses the distraction to obstruct Smoker's view in order to get a shot at his heart. I don't understand why that doesn't look like a tactic good enough to get hit with, or how that makes Smoker look any weaker than getting strangled by a man trampled beneath your feet.

Think about this: Doflamingo knew Law's fighting style because they taught him, and he's the one who sought Ope Ope in the first place. He comments on this and how Law's attacks won't work. He also sees first-hand how Luffy fights melee, to the point of recognizing the switch under the Lucy disguise. All these things considered, he falls for the idea that Luffy is rushing to hit Law only to get caught in the Red Hawk move. If you want to shit on Smoker I have like a million of these examples. Any character can get caught in the heat of a fight.

AND... you can also just go back and see that I already said that Smoker wasn't guaranteed to win that fight, just that he was doing better than the latter half of it implies. It kinda looks like you're just trying to argue.
I am not denying the trick itself, but the trick is completely based on everything Smoker knew about the fruit.
Environmental manipulation check, cutting people up check, taking people´s heart check.
The same trick was used literally two panels before and Smoker dodged it nonchalantly.
So yes, however you want to turn it, it´s not something that is created out of not knowing, at best being overconfident.
Completely different than not knowing about an ability at all.

1) Law did not have the Op Op no mi at that time, and Law´s regular fighting style is highly reliant on it.
2) Doflamingo primarily knew about the operation.
3) DD was chilling on his throne
4) The trick came without any signs prior to it, whereas in Smoker´s case the trick was the same as two panels before
5) It required two guys to pull it off, and still would not work again.

Just not accepting it as excuse, because, and yes, maybe that does not imply to you, people use it as an excuse to claim Smoker > Vergo, which from any angle, makes no sense.

He has had clashes not actually full on fights.
How do you know Smoker hasn't been training off panel. We really do not know what is happening with him currently so like I said it doesn't really work. Oda can still give him a power up however he likes.
Even clashes and encounters like new experience are enough to get stronger. As I said Sanji already get a powerup.

Smoker need at least 4-6 powerups to come close to Luffy lvl. Do he have a godtier wish to get so much powerups without doing nothing.

During the time where Smoker chill around because still beeing injuried by Doffy,Luffy gain multiple powerups at once.

Even clashes and encounters like new experience are enough to get stronger. As I said Sanji already get a powerup.

Smoker need at least 4-6 powerups to come close to Luffy lvl. Do he have a godtier wish to get so much powerups without doing nothing.

During the time where Smoker chill around because still beeing injuried by Doffy,Luffy gain multiple powerups at once.
Not the case.
Then what's stopping Smoker from getting a power up?

The rest will just be down to opinion.

However, my point is calling out your claim that Smoker lost to xyz and so he shouldn't get stronger when the same attitude isn't used for other characters. Note I'm not saying smoker necessary will be at that level the next time we see him, just that dismissing it because of the above reason doesn't really stand

However, my point is calling out your claim that Smoker lost to xyz and so he shouldn't get stronger when the same attitude isn't used for other characters.
But that is then a false point and you clearly misunderstand my point. Losing to the characters was "only" one point with multiple others with make it hard to believe that Smoker could reach Luffy lvl.
That "losing to someone" is just one point who added to multiple points.

But that is then a false point and you clearly misunderstand my point. Losing to the characters was "only" one point with multiple others with make it hard to believe that Smoker could reach Luffy lvl.
That "losing to someone" is just one point who added to multiple points.
The other points you added are not necessarily factual because like I said, he has been off panel ever since he was shown on the cover story and there is nothing stopping him from also getting a power up