Chapter Discussion So many better things Oda could've done this chapter

The only thing, and I really do mean Only thing of note was that Oda had Kaido clear up whether or not Luffy was still Luffy, which this community can't even decide whether or not that shit was necessary. The real issue is in the fire subplot, why?

Because lets be real here, what did the fire subplot even bring? We knew it would be resolved easily. It just adds bloat to an already long-ass, tension-less arc. I honestly wish that Oda focused on other things. In fact here a list of thing Oda could have focused on, not just here but throughout this entire arc up to now, stole most of these from reddit because Idgaf:

Could have spent time fleshing out the Cp0, instead of deleting them from the story.

Could have spent time with the non-trio Strawhat doing something relevant.

Could have shown Jack fight, one of the three calamities and the main antagonist of Zou and HE GOT OFF SCREENED.

Could have spent time to show wtf the BM pirates are doing all this time.

Could have spent time with Apoo, who is also a Supernova and infinitely more interesting than the Scabbards, since a filler gag chapter is sooo important right now.

Could have started the Kaido flashback so we can finally get over this awful arc.

Could of spent time fleshing out characters who NEEDED to be fleshed out (the Tobiroppo).

Could of spent time giving Kid his backstory and giving him moments against Kaido.

Could of just had not introduced Yamato into this arc (worst plot device after Tama and Big Mom).

Could of spent time not making King and Queen so incompetent and disappointing (especially King).

Could of spent more time fleshing Kid’s crew and giving him more competent members than just Kid and Killer.

There’s so much more but it would of been way better than the shit that happened (Yamato, Tama, Scabbards, Big Mom).

Nah, MORE Raizo memes, let's go! Why not throw in a Tama chapter too, gotta see more clown ass Smile-user SLAVES do tricks for her.

On one hand Oda is rushing the shit out of stuff that are important, on the other hand we get entire chapters for characters who should have died months ago. What Oda wants to show and what we want to see has been so mismatched this whole arc, it's jarring as fuck.

We already have 2 time bomb subplots and it honestly feels like Oda is just trying to one-up Dressrosa in dragging things out, member the birdcage?

The bomb stuff and the floating island are already enough for all parties involved to move forward and get away, why also add the fire on top? I get the point that it makes sense in regards to build-up and what it does for other characters storylines (like Raizo for instance), I just don’t understand the need for 3 ‘time bomb’ subplots in an already long arc that has skipped important moments just for us to focus on this fire etc. I just feel like Oda chooses to focus on the wrong things in an arc that is the climax of a long saga with the Yonko instead of placing more time on shit that's far more important.

The only thing, and I really do mean Only thing of note was that Oda had Kaido clear up whether or not Luffy was still Luffy, which this community can't even decide whether or not that shit was necessary. The real issue is in the fire subplot, why?

Because lets be real here, what did the fire subplot even bring? We knew it would be resolved easily. It just adds bloat to an already long-ass, tension-less arc. I honestly wish that Oda focused on other things. In fact here a list of thing Oda could have focused on, not just here but throughout this entire arc up to now, stole most of these from reddit because Idgaf:

Could have spent time fleshing out the Cp0, instead of deleting them from the story.

Could have shown Jack fight, one of the three calamities and the main antagonist of Zou and HE GOT OFF SCREENED.

Could have spent time to show wtf the BM pirates are doing all this time.

Could have spent time with Apoo, who is also a Supernova and infinitely more interesting than the Scabbards, since a filler gag chapter is sooo important right now.

Could have started the Kaido flashback so we can finally get over this awful arc.

Could of spent time fleshing out characters who NEEDED to be fleshed out (the Tobiroppo).

Could of spent time giving Kid his backstory and giving him moments against Kaido.

Could of just had not introduced Yamato into this arc (worst plot device after Tama and Big Mom).

Could of spent time not making King and Queen so incompetent and disappointing (especially King).

Could of spent more time fleshing Kid’s crew and giving him more competent members than just Kid and Killer.

There’s so much more but it would of been way better than the shit that happened (Yamato, Tama, Scabbards, Big Mom).

Nah, MORE Raizo memes, let's go! Why not throw in a Tama chapter too, gotta see more clown ass Smile-user SLAVES do tricks for her.

On one hand Oda is rushing the shit out of stuff that are important, on the other hand we get entire chapters for characters who should have died months ago. What Oda wants to show and what we want to see has been so mismatched this whole arc, it's jarring as fuck.

We already have 2 time bomb subplots and it honestly feels like Oda is just trying to one-up Dressrosa in dragging things out, member the birdcage?

The bomb stuff and the floating island are already enough for all parties involved to move forward and get away, why also add the fire on top? I get the point that it makes sense in regards to build-up and what it does for other characters storylines (like Raizo for instance), I just don’t understand the need for 3 ‘time bomb’ subplots in an already long arc that has skipped important moments just for us to focus on this fire etc. I just feel like Oda chooses to focus on the wrong things in an arc that is the climax of a long saga with the Yonko instead of placing more time on shit that's far more important.
the fire is symbology for Hell = King of Hell supremacy

Raizo's moment at Zou was one of the best moments in the manga, this was a great call back to this moment and the moment of the Kozuki castle burning.

It wasn't "resolved easily", Nami and Usopp couldn't do it with their water moves, other characters couldn't break the wall to escape.

Why do those guys need to be fleshed out? They aren't meant to have too much individualism and backstory by default.
Like he's been doing this entire arc? Isn't Jinbei a Non M3 Strawhat? Isn't Franky currently protecting Zoro?
Jack Vs Inu had boring movesets, who tf wanted to see more of them?
Could have spent time with Apoo, who is also a Supernova and infinitely more interesting than the Scabbards, since a filler gag chapter is sooo important right now
There is nothing interesting for Apoo to do this arc in the first place, he's tied to Morgan just like Caribou is tied to a person in future arcs, did you expect Hina to get more attention than Pell in Alabasta?
Why the fuck did they need to be fleshed out? Since when did Strawhat opponents get fleshed out outside of SBS and Cover stories?
Kidd's backstory doesn't fit in the arc, and his opponent is Big Mom not Kaido.
Could of just had not introduced Yamato into this arc
Now you are just whining about stuff you don't like aren't you
"they lost to Zoro and Sanji therefore are disappointing". Typical Luffy worshipping Redditor opinion
Oda never cared about Supernova crews in general and sees them as Max Headliner level outside of Killer. That's been clear since WCI

Terrible ass thread

"Why did Alabasta have bomb plot? Waste of time. Could have just not introduced Ms All Sunday(just a plot device to save Luffy from quicksand). Should have spent time fleshing out characters that NEEDED fleshing out(Mr 4)"

Jack Vs Inu had boring movesets, who tf wanted to see more of them?
Jack was way too important to be offscreened like trash.His introduction 300 chapters ago was so interesting and badass, but he turned out to be completely incompetent.You can't tell me Oda treated this character right.
Kidd's backstory doesn't fit in the arc, and his opponent is Big Mom not Kaido.
Except, Kid was angry at Kaido, not Big Mom.He barely had any moments against the guys who broke his first mate.Not that I disliked the Law/Kid vs BM fight, but the foundation wasn't there.
Oda never cared about Supernova crews in general and sees them as Max Headliner level outside of Killer. That's been clear since WCI

Terrible ass thread
Whether or not he cares isn't what's wrong.How the fuck is Law supposed to survive in the new world when his most highlighted crewmate (Bepo) is literal trash? Oda could have at least given him a Killer.It doesn't make any sense for Law's crew to be this pitifully weak.