so saitama grew stronger in this fight ?

This is why web is better. Saitama is limitless... knowing he had limit ruins the character for me tbh
I think it makes sense tho right?
This is why he can't insta one shot "certain" characters like Garou or Boros. Because he wasn't "infinitely powerful" right from the getgo.

To address:
Won't it defeat the purpose of this character? The character, is by design, meant to represent some form of infinity after all. He is representation of "limitless"

He indeed is limitless.
His growth rate is limitless. What is infinite about him, is his potential, not his power level at any given moment.

BOS Saitama peaked at that level, merely because there was no challenge to him. So, he subconsciously stopped growing any stronger. Once Garou started approaching BOS Saitama levels, then his adrenaline kicked in, and he started growing at a rapid pace where it became impossible for Garou to even dream of matching him anymore.

Smart writing IMHO.
The manga showed Saitama to be the limitless character that he was established to be. While still limiting his power level (at a given time) to the point where he can still give us top quality fights against powerful characters, without it seeming like some BS regarding why he doesn't just insta one shots
Post automatically merged:

@Bob74h
bought up great points tho.

You're right, the manga seems inconsistent there. But maybe it is because Saitma didn't know he can get stronger until he did?

Zolo

Cope Doctor
I think it makes sense tho right?
This is why he can't insta one shot "certain" characters like Garou or Boros. Because he wasn't "infinitely powerful" right from the getgo.

To address:
Won't it defeat the purpose of this character? The character, is by design, meant to represent some form of infinity after all. He is representation of "limitless"

He indeed is limitless.
His growth rate is limitless. What is infinite about him, is his potential, not his power level at any given moment.

BOS Saitama peaked at that level, merely because there was no challenge to him. So, he subconsciously stopped growing any stronger. Once Garou started approaching BOS Saitama levels, then his adrenaline kicked in, and he started growing at a rapid pace where it became impossible for Garou to even dream of matching him anymore.

Smart writing IMHO.
The manga showed Saitama to be the limitless character that he was established to be. While still limiting his power level (at a given time) to the point where he can still give us top quality fights against powerful characters, without it seeming like some BS regarding why he doesn't just insta one shots

@Bob74h
bought up great points tho.

You're right, the manga seems inconsistent there. But maybe it is because Saitma didn't know he can get stronger until he did?
what ruined for me is that he showed theres limits. but they are same, he doesnt get stronger or anything... this is just stupid now... manga is trash

what ruined for me is that he showed theres limits. but they are same, he doesnt get stronger or anything... this is just stupid now... manga is trash
I am not sure if I understood that well.

"but they are same, he doesnt get stronger or anything... "
What does that mean?

You mean to say Saitama doesn't get stronger? But he does tho, he grew at a rate unimaginable by Garou.

Zolo

Cope Doctor
I am not sure if I understood that well.

"but they are same, he doesnt get stronger or anything... "
What does that mean?

You mean to say Saitama doesn't get stronger? But he does tho, he grew at a rate unimaginable by Garou.
He doesnt get stronger . And boros and garou were kinda equals... we still need to see anyone who would be able to chalange him.... here he needed to get stronger becouse garou reached hes strenght.... for me this is just stupid ... also there is no mystery about god anymore... he is real

Not to mention how terrible the writing got... people like trash novadays so no surprise... its still better than most new mangas.... so I guess it looks good

yes but that's the problem
he's not supposed to get stronger

that's the idea behind his character

he's a lv 100 video game in the start of the game. he's max lv

that's literally what he tells king

When you max out, your character
there's nothing left to do so it get's boring.

Zolo

Cope Doctor
yes but that's the problem
he's not supposed to get stronger

that's the idea behind his character

he's a lv 100 video game in the start of the game. he's max lv

that's literally what he tells king

When you max out, your character
there's nothing left to do so it get's boring.
yeah, murata ruined OPM beyond repair... its a crap manga... story changes he added are completely crap. I dont give a shit about simps who only care about drawn female characters. the manga is ruined... and One is probably not gonna continue webcomic

Murata is the dude who took these decisions, he should have just let One do his job in term of story writing but whelp dude wanted to be hot shit himself.
Its the same with the creators of got s7 s8, they took the story in their own hands and did a fiesta.

Garou is limitless also, but Saitama just grows faster in strength, the graphs from Murata explains it well.
Sounds like D&D buring down Game of thrones to me.

Apparently the manga deviates from the webcomic because jackass social media influencers made video trainings about Saitama's workout. Then, ONE and Murata thought they could milk the cow and transform the parody into first degree neketsu shonen manga. In other words, the anime's popularity modified the manga that killed the webcomic :laughmoji:

I don't think it contradicts the notion of his limiter being broken. Broken limiter doesn't mean that he is limitlessly strong, but that he can keep growing endlessly depending on the stimuli. I personally have no complaints. Murata does a great job, especially regarding the art and his ideas are approved by ONE, so him taking a different route from the web comic to express his own ideas is fine.