General & Others So what was the point of Kidd defeating Big Mom then?

I mean Kidd and Law both use Haki and have gotten awakened DF powers in order to defeat Big Mom, but both deciding they were worthy enough to go solo other Yonkos is this biggest laughable mistake, yet we still have people here acting super shocked that Law and Kidd would job badly to Shanks or Blackbeard.

Luffy managed to get advanced armament Haki that allowed him to use emission control to reach another level and he has awakened the strongest mythical zoan in one piece in order to solo a Yonko that also has a mythical Zoan and a good degree of Haki. Zoro fought the strongest commander, Sanji the 2nd strongest commander and Jimbei basically fought the strongest flying 6 member who was confident enough to challenge and throw hands with Kaido's top 3 commanders, and there were some other strawhats that were fighting flying 6 members. KILLERS MAIN OPPONENT WASNT EVEN A FLYING 6 MEMBER his main opponent was just Hawikins!!!! and Law's meme panda doesn't seem to have any considerable feats that would put him around Killer's level. Even if Law or Kidd have the strongest DF and advanced haki levels like Lufffy. Killer and meme panda are so weak that it is even up for debate if they would offer a challenge to Brook, Usopp or Chopper(give them the benefit of a doubt they beat Nami) while Shanks, Luffy and Blackbeard have a bunch of members with memorable names and faces whom are showcased to be strong characters. If either Law or Kidd were on Luffy's level to fight Luffy solo wise they are going to get jumped by the other yonko crew members after they leave killer and meme pandas corpse behind.

Its like why is everyone shocked on this forum that Kidd or Law would offer any kind of challenge? To me neither will have any significant plot because they will need their own timeskip training and more strong crew member which by than with the current pace of events on one piece Luffy would be pirate king by then. So best case scenario would be if they serve themselves as underlings to the straw hats.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Why does there need to be a point? Kidd was never a real contender for the PK title to begin with, not with BB around. Nothing during Wano changed that. If anything Wano cemented Kidd was never going to be the one. Big Mom overstayed her welcome in the story, so she was ideal to be fed to the new gen.

Y'all will cry about anything, no one expected Shanks to lose to Kidd and now it's shit writing.

But the worstgen did turn out to be a complete waste of time lol. They turned out to be irrelevant minus Law.

The numerous competitors could have been handled where the worstgen were fighting against each other. Kidd defeating Apoo, Killer defeating Hawkins, Drake defeating Capone, Urouge vs Kidd, etc. Then you have 6 worstgen member instead of 12 where 6 were knocked out of the race. Then Luffy, Zoro, Law will be the last three standing where Bonney, the only female, continues to cry asking what happened to Kuma lol.
I do agree they feel useless because an awful lot of them did nothing of note
however kidd in particular was not
because he was one of those who did something relevant and his defeat should move the plot even further.

Nothing
He want Kid to be relevant, like Law, but if he give Kid a panel where to actually block or evade Shanks attack, or even using CoC, even though later on Kid is going to lose, he's still gonna get some spotlight from not only Luffy the MC, but also his self insert Shanks. Oda doesn't like it when the spotlight is not on the main 4 SH (Luffy, Nami, Zoro, Sanji) or not on Shanks.
So the choice was which one to be sacrificed?
Luffy the MC,
Shanks, the self insert,
or Kid, a nobody that he was trying to make relevant?
Easy choice

To flesh out the reality that not all come out on top due to circumstances. Harsh reality but its real in every day life. Thats the gamble. Kid is the quintessential silver medalist of the Worst Gen

For everyone who tries to deny it: Kidd DID defeat Big Mom. Sure, it was a 2v1 with Law, and Law did great work. But at the end it was still Kidd's attacks that did immense damage and was eventually the one which took her down.

You simply cannot sweet talk Oda making Big Mom look like the biggest clown now. I mean with the speed and attacking potency Shanks portrayed, he should manage to low diff Big Mom for sure. Which makes no sense story wise. But thats tje point. For the sake of fan service Oda messed up his power scalings completely.

Junatic

Lunatic Queen
As soon as Oda portrayed Law and Kid as promising rookies and Luffy's "rivals" who were gonna make waves in the NW, he needed to justify that with a clear feat. Defeatin BM was the justification, there's nth more to it. Now that Oda got that out of the way, he can sideline Kid. Pretty sad and questionable but it's the way it is.

As for Law, I think Oda still has plans for him cause of his DF. The eternal youth thing has to come into play in the plot one way or another. And ofc there's the fact he's very popular and his presence in the story boosts volume sales.