Current Events So why didn’t Oda just have Brannew say that…

Thing is you can at least make arguments for WB not being a swordsman + He's the WSM.
Shanks literally always uses a sword, man was holding his sword while he shut off gardenlamb's router in Wano.
He uses a sword as its called in one piece. Therfore he was the strongest swordsman. He could even throw the bisento to the side and pick up a regular blade and still beat Mihawk.the term is strongest swordsman not greatest. So the logic in Mihawk title is flawed from the beginning.

You can just take it as he's the best swordsman in the world like a rational person tend to do. Even in the story shiryuu might stab Mihawk in the back. Saying he's stronger than anybody who uses a sword is just setting up that idea with flaws ready to be exploited. Not to mention Big Mom who is clearly stronger than Mihawk.

I think it's fine that being the most skilled swordsman makes him capable of going toe to toe with anybody in the verse but he's definently not top 5 and their was atleast 2 sword users stronger than mihawk in the top five big mom and Shanks. If you think EOS Zoro will be as strong as big mom I'm sorry to tell you that's just not possible.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
He uses a sword as its called in one piece. Therfore he was the strongest swordsman. He could even throw the bisento to the side and pick up a regular blade and still beat Mihawk.the term is strongest swordsman not greatest. So the logic in Mihawk title is flawed from the beginning.

You can just take it as he's the best swordsman in the world like a rational person tend to do. Even in the story shiryuu might stab Mihawk in the back. Saying he's stronger than anybody who uses a sword is just setting up that idea with flaws ready to be exploited. Not to mention Big Mom who is clearly stronger than Mihawk.

I think it's fine that being the most skilled swordsman makes him capable of going toe to toe with anybody in the verse but he's definently not top 5 and their was atleast 2 sword users stronger than mihawk in the top five big mom and Shanks. If you think EOS Zoro will be as strong as big mom I'm sorry to tell you that's just not possible.
He doesn't have a sword. He has a pole arm.

Yes title is strongest swordsman
It's not flawed mihawk is stronger than Shanks
Zoro will be > Shanks let alone meme BEFORE fighting mihawk

Guess who else is a pirate? The strongest swordsman
Guess who else isn't a ''great'' pirate like Shanks? ''greatest swordsman''. Shanks is proven he can be great pirate, Mihawk is not proven he can be great pirate.

Mihawk has no ambition to be King or Emperor, he just wants to be Warlord, while Shanks has much bigger ambitions, ambitions = haki.

Roger despite using a sword and being equal to WB (who Mihawk admitted inferiority), wasn't WGS.

How about you give me a panel of Shanks fighting without a sword?
We didn't see Shanks fighting a lot. So your argument is invalid.

Explain why Roger wasn't WGS when he was equal to Mihawk's superior WB.

Does Shiryu play by the rules or hyouzou or Hachi? Shut up clown
They don't play by the rules clown ass, thats why ''greatest swordsman'' is a very very limited title compared to ''strongest man or creature''. You need to play by the rules to be ''greatest swordsman'', while strongest man or creature can be strongest by using any method, its not based on 1 fighting style.